Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chiefs Release CB Brandon Flowers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24479
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThePrimeTime12 wrote:
KennyBania wrote:
Eric Weddle, Jason Verrett and Brandon Flowers could make a nasty secondary.

Well if they keep having their CBs play 10 yards off, not really. Laughing

It's 7-8, which is pretty standard for zone, and if our pass-rush actually shows up it's not as comical a distance as you want to make it out to be. However, when we were having to start our #4 and #5 (one of which was a street FA) OLB's like we did for stretches of last season then yes, large cushions can be exploited rather easily.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The LBC


Global Moderator
Joined: 12 Jan 2008
Posts: 24479
Location: Where We Can't Have Nice Things
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JaguarCrazy2832 wrote:
Surprised he hasnt been snatched up yet, still playing the field i guess

Or doing the smart thing and waiting to see if a team has a starter go down to a long-term injury (like an ACL tear) in minicamp.

Many teams are going to want to see what they've got after having spent free agency and the draft augmenting their teams. Unless they can get Flowers at camp-body price the demand isn't going to be off-the-charts to pay him the starters' wage he's likely seeking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bungleodeon


Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 9318
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Hoover82 wrote:
sdrawkcab321 wrote:
Browns come on we need a 5th starting quality CB


Rolling Eyes

Browns have 2 maybe if the rookie pans out!
Skrine would start in Dallas.
_________________
Adopt-a-Brown: Jabaal Sheard - Stats:
First 3 seasons: 135 Tackles - 21 Sacks - 7 FF - 2 FR - 9 PD - 11 STF
2014: 22 Tackles - 2 Sacks - 2 PD - 2 STF
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FalconFan13


Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 9834
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not saying the Falcons are interested in him but without a doubt the guy who said we weren't D Orlando Ledbetter is by far the most hated man by most Falcon fans for being wrong about 90% of the stuff he says and knowing absolutely jack about the Falcons most of the time. Which is terrible considering he is the main Falcons reporter from the AJC which is the main newspaper for the Falcons around here although we don't get much publicity from it either for a home town company.

Vaughn McClure from ESPN is 100x better than Bedwetter on the Falcons so if he comes out and says we aren't interested then i'll fully believe we aren't.
_________________
2010 and 2013
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Xenos


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 603
Location: State of Nirvana
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Clary was not decent at guard. Clary sucks. Far more then any player I've ever seen start as many games as Clary has. Flowers would be a huge signing for us as it allows us to not be cornered into Verrett starting week 1.

Could he be better? Definitely. But he didn't sucked in my opinion. He's just the fan's favorite whipping boy for a while since 2008 for some reason (he basically took over for Jammer as the new hated player). Even though his play didn't really drop off until 2011. He's always been the definition of solid. It's the reason why he's still on the team despite supposed better FA options available (and a new GM and coaching staff). And yes, I thought his time was past after 2012, but he's a good option to have though incredibly overpaid at guard. DJ Fluker credited him greatly for helping him at RT.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xenos


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 603
Location: State of Nirvana
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how reliable this is, but according to one of the Chargers admin, Flowers cancelled his meeting with Minnesota and is still in San Diego.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BenderRodriguez


Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 2727
Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He will start there
_________________

BIG BEN 122/177 68.9 comp % 1365 yds 7tds 2int 100.1 QB Rating Yeah that's not MVP @ all
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
688 Total Yards
460 yds Rushing 1 td
228 yards receiving (9.5 yard avg)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
game3525


Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Posts: 6037
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenos wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
Clary was not decent at guard. Clary sucks. Far more then any player I've ever seen start as many games as Clary has. Flowers would be a huge signing for us as it allows us to not be cornered into Verrett starting week 1.

Could he be better? Definitely. But he didn't sucked in my opinion. He's just the fan's favorite whipping boy for a while since 2008 for some reason (he basically took over for Jammer as the new hated player). Even though his play didn't really drop off until 2011. He's always been the definition of solid. It's the reason why he's still on the team despite supposed better FA options available (and a new GM and coaching staff). And yes, I thought his time was past after 2012, but he's a good option to have though incredibly overpaid at guard. DJ Fluker credited him greatly for helping him at RT.


Nah....Clary sucks man.

He is only here because of his presence in the locker room. On the field, he is a complete liability.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xenos


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 603
Location: State of Nirvana
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
Xenos wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
Clary was not decent at guard. Clary sucks. Far more then any player I've ever seen start as many games as Clary has. Flowers would be a huge signing for us as it allows us to not be cornered into Verrett starting week 1.

Could he be better? Definitely. But he didn't sucked in my opinion. He's just the fan's favorite whipping boy for a while since 2008 for some reason (he basically took over for Jammer as the new hated player). Even though his play didn't really drop off until 2011. He's always been the definition of solid. It's the reason why he's still on the team despite supposed better FA options available (and a new GM and coaching staff). And yes, I thought his time was past after 2012, but he's a good option to have though incredibly overpaid at guard. DJ Fluker credited him greatly for helping him at RT.


Nah....Clary sucks man.

He is only here because of his presence in the locker room. On the field, he is a complete liability.

And yet, he's still on the field for some reason despite a new coaching staff and GM. His main problem was the false starts, which were not as bad when he was moved to guard. In the end, he's currently out best OG until someone else steps up. I doubt we can cut him without an injury settlement of some kind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
game3525


Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Posts: 6037
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenos wrote:
game3525 wrote:
Xenos wrote:
Boltstrikes wrote:
Clary was not decent at guard. Clary sucks. Far more then any player I've ever seen start as many games as Clary has. Flowers would be a huge signing for us as it allows us to not be cornered into Verrett starting week 1.

Could he be better? Definitely. But he didn't sucked in my opinion. He's just the fan's favorite whipping boy for a while since 2008 for some reason (he basically took over for Jammer as the new hated player). Even though his play didn't really drop off until 2011. He's always been the definition of solid. It's the reason why he's still on the team despite supposed better FA options available (and a new GM and coaching staff). And yes, I thought his time was past after 2012, but he's a good option to have though incredibly overpaid at guard. DJ Fluker credited him greatly for helping him at RT.


Nah....Clary sucks man.

He is only here because of his presence in the locker room. On the field, he is a complete liability.

And yet, he's still on the field for some reason despite a new coaching staff and GM. His main problem was the false starts, which were not as bad when he was moved to guard. In the end, he's currently out best OG until someone else steps up. I doubt we can cut him without an injury settlement of some kind.


False starts weren't the only issue. He is a terrible run-blocker(especially at pulling....). And he was clearly not the best OG on this team, Rinehart is a notch above him and Troutman showed more upside, but lacked experience when he played.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xenos


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 603
Location: State of Nirvana
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brandon Taylor just got waived. Disappointing since he showed potential before all his various injuries. But I wonder if it means we're making room for another Brandon...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Boltstrikes


Moderator
Joined: 15 Feb 2006
Posts: 6193
Location: LA MIRADA, CA
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Xenos wrote:
Brandon Taylor just got waived. Disappointing since he showed potential before all his various injuries. But I wonder if it means we're making room for another Brandon...


My hopes are pretty high but if I had a dollar for every time the Chargers have broke my heart...
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Xenos


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 603
Location: State of Nirvana
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boltstrikes wrote:
Xenos wrote:
Brandon Taylor just got waived. Disappointing since he showed potential before all his various injuries. But I wonder if it means we're making room for another Brandon...


My hopes are pretty high but if I had a dollar for every time the Chargers have broke my heart...

This isn't really a break your heart thing. If they don't sign him then at least they tried. I don't want them to overpay for someone who may not be the player he was in the past.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
game3525


Joined: 03 Oct 2009
Posts: 6037
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a laugh go read Acee twitter feed. This fool is seriously trying to spin that Flowers isn't much of an upgrade from Marshall. I know his job is to spin, but come on no one is buying that ****. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SoundTheCharge


Joined: 12 Jul 2007
Posts: 305
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

game3525 wrote:
If you want a laugh go read Acee twitter feed. This fool is seriously trying to spin that Flowers isn't much of an upgrade from Marshall. I know his job is to spin, but come on no one is buying that ****. Rolling Eyes




Acee is a muckraker, and has been for quite some time. He's very good at it, and it has allowed him to stay in the business.

As for Flower....I would love to see this happen. Obviously any secondary would have struggled with the pass rush that we had last year, but there is no doubt that we simply lacked talent at the cornerback position last year. Flowers has shown to be a consistent presence at the position, and can excel in the type of defense that we play. Plus, he can mentor some of the youngsters that we have at CB. Adding him takes away some of the pressure from Verrett as well. I think it would be a very good move.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group