Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former Titans 3rd overall pick, Vince Young retires from NFL
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArodFanboy

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talked to him on numerous occasions at Packers training camp before he was cut, a true class act he was in his short time with GB. Told him I wished him the best and that he'd make the team, I'll always consider him a friend for some of the things he did for me in his short time here and this news hits me hard. Wish he'd have found a place somewhere. I still think if Ted would of brought him into training camp earlier here, he'd have made the team over Tolzein and Coleman.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does "Definitely official, I think" mean?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit

FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
coors wrote:
VY is in the top 3 of best college football players I ever saw personally. Crazy how that doesn't translate into NFL success one bit.

Vince Young might not have had the best career.

But he DID have NFL success. It wasn't sustained, but before he was benched he was playing the best football of his career.

Yeah, that post was overboard. We started off 0-7 with Kerry Collins one year before our owner forced Fisher into starting Vince. A 8-1 run ensued, he did have success and while his numbers weren't brilliant, he did a good enough job for us to win games.

I never got why Fisher seemed to hate him. He just seemed to find a way to win games for you guys.

Still think/thought he could have done something in the NFL.

Other than the fact that he had terrible mechanics, couldn't read defenses, was wildly inaccurate, a diva, a run-first guy, and horribly immature?

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
ShowtimeSanders

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
coors wrote:
VY is in the top 3 of best college football players I ever saw personally. Crazy how that doesn't translate into NFL success one bit.

But he DID have NFL success. It wasn't sustained, but before he was benched he was playing the best football of his career.

Yeah, that post was overboard. We started off 0-7 with Kerry Collins one year before our owner forced Fisher into starting Vince. A 8-1 run ensued, he did have success and while his numbers weren't brilliant, he did a good enough job for us to win games.

I never got why Fisher seemed to hate him. He just seemed to find a way to win games for you guys.

Other than the fact that he had terrible mechanics, couldn't read defenses, was wildly inaccurate, a diva, a run-first guy, and horribly immature?

I rather have a guy that wins then a quarterback that has perfect mechanics and read defenses "pass" first and still loses
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
coors wrote:

If he wasn't horrible, and wasn't a distraction, he would be on an NFL team.

He's just not a good player.

down but not out. I still believe!
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had the talent. He could've been a hell of a player. Fisher didn't like him because Young was a diva. So many stories of being late to meetings, practice, etc. The whole shoulder pad throwing incident just finally put the nail in the coffin for him in Tennessee. The rumor was Fisher wanted Cutler, Adams wanted Young, and Norm Chow wanted Leinart. If Cutler was picked, Fisher might still have a job now as the Titans HC. To sum it up, Young was an immature punk that didn't want to put the work in to get better. The last two QBs the Titans have taken in the first were complete opposites. Put Lockers heart and determination in Young and you get a top 10 QB who'd still be playing. Sadly both were/are injury prone
coors

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
coors wrote:

'

you're right. He did have early success, it just wasn't sustained. And I have always been a fan of VY so I wasn't trying to hate on him.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish Vince got a chance to be on a team that was built around his strengths. Today, coaches aren't afraid to think outside if the box and play to the strength of the QB. I would've instantly changed my offense around a special talent. Especially with Bo Scaife being your most reliable target.

I think Vince was 5 years to early because he be great playing for some of these coaches today in some of these offenses.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShowtimeSanders wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
coors wrote:

I rather have a guy that wins then a quarterback that has perfect mechanics and read defenses "pass" first and still loses

If you would prefer the Tim Tebows and Vince Youngs of the world because "they win", that's on you. But there is a reason both are out of the NFL. If you dont see that reason I dont know what to tell you. Just dont quit your day job to focus on your dream of becoming a general manager some day.

CK on the sig
DABEARSLCF04

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Retires or can't keep a backup job anymore.

Adopt a Bear.... Ka'Deem Carey.... HB.... Arizona
22att for 97 yards 4.4avg. HALL OF FAME!
Malik

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skeet wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
Its always comical when a player that no one wants decides to officially retire.

What else are they supposed to do? Not retire and keep paying union dues?

Clearly. I really don't understand the snide remarks consider he has had much more of a career than the majority of QBs drafted the same year and since then than him. I'd much rather have Vince Young's NFL career than Matt Leinart's.
ShowtimeSanders

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J Pep 4 Step wrote:
ShowtimeSanders wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
coors wrote:

If you would prefer the Tim Tebows and Vince Youngs of the world because "they win", that's on you. But there is a reason both are out of the NFL. If you dont see that reason I dont know what to tell you. Just dont quit your day job to focus on your dream of becoming a general manager some day.

Hey I wouldn't want you to quit your day job either buddy 😉. But the fact isa quarterback that supposedly just win is always worth a look as long as there doing just that which is winning. Once the losing seasons happen then sure dump him. But quarterbacks that do win always deserves chances.
J Pep 4 Step

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShowtimeSanders wrote:
J Pep 4 Step wrote:
ShowtimeSanders wrote:
plan9misfit wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Victor Cruz Pun wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
coors wrote:

Hey I wouldn't want you to quit your day job either buddy 😉. But the fact isa quarterback that supposedly just win is always worth a look as long as there doing just that which is winning. Once the losing seasons happen then sure dump him. But quarterbacks that do win always deserves chances.

Teams win. Not quarterbacks. Which is why players like Young and Tebow are washing cars and bagging groceries.

CK on the sig
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to see him wrest the title of 'Worst Analyst on NFL Network' away from every other guy on that network.

I adopted some kid named Malcolm Butler
If anyone sees him, let me know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: