Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Minor league football to begin in October
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
NFLisnewNBA wrote:
NFL easily makes enough to pay for whatever it takes to maintain a D-league. It would be beneficial to the sport and to everyone playing it.

Why? Is the NFL having trouble getting players? evaluating players?

The NFL has a developmental league that they don't have to spend a dime on.... it's called the NCAA.

Why waste money if there is no need to do so?

Yes, they do.

And it wouldn't hurt to have a gap in between. Some guys just don't get the coaching or get "found" as easily. You also have guys who moved to football late or hell, who never played college ball who could give this a shot. It WOULD find players for the NFL that wouldn't have made it, guaranteed. How many stars would it find? Not many, but still would find some decent players that slipped through.

So who is going to fund a league that will not make money so that a few players are possibly discovered?

I mean the CBA lasted for how long running itself before it basically became the NBADL? It's not like it's impossible. And the NFL should have one of these as it is.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
I wasn't aware the NFL "product on the field" was in need of improving!

That's such a lousy point. Nobody is saying it's bad or really needs improvement but if you can get better and do it without much cost/difficulty what does it hurt?

I don't know how people can be so against this. They act like the money for the damn thing comes out of their pocket or if these attempts fail that it affects them somehow. Guess what, it doesn't.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

That's such a lousy point. Nobody is saying it's bad or really needs improvement but if you can get better and do it without much cost/difficulty what does it hurt?

I don't know how people can be so against this. They act like the money for the damn thing comes out of their pocket or if these attempts fail that it affects them somehow. Guess what, it doesn't.

Not at all against it. Very much for it. I just don't see the NFL sinking money into a league destined to fail when there isn't any great need for league improvement and when they still have a free "league" in the NCAA to pull talent from. Seems rather simple if you asked me.

Get some billionaires who just want to own a team and don't mind losing money to build franchises and maybe it would work.

Don't use the cop out that I'm acting like its my money. It's all business and in the end the NFL would not get involved in bad business decisions that come with VERY little upside.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
NormSizedMidget wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

Not at all against it. Very much for it. I just don't see the NFL sinking money into a league destined to fail when there isn't any great need for league improvement and when they still have a free "league" in the NCAA to pull talent from. Seems rather simple if you asked me.

Get some billionaires who just want to own a team and don't mind losing money to build franchises and maybe it would work.

Don't use the cop out that I'm acting like its my money. It's all business and in the end the NFL would not get involved in bad business decisions that come with VERY little upside.

A. You're under the assumption it could not sustain itself in time. That's not a truth.

B. I already explained the NCAA and the NFL and how there should be a bridge in between the gap for those who fall through. If you think the NCAA is perfect at preparing every single player to be ready for an NFL roster you're delusional.

You just repeat the same things people have said for 10 years about it.

"It would cost too much"

"The NFL already has good players"

"The NCAA is perfect at developing talent for the NFL"

Okay......that's your view. That's great. Nobody is saying the NFL needs to be saved by adding a DL. Nobody is saying it would or definitely would not make money. And most people realize that people slip through cracks in between the NCAA and NFL and this could help.

But since it might not make money, the NCAA exists, and the NFL has good talent it's pointless.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a point?

You give your view points for it and I give mine against it working.

You question why I don't think it will work so I say why I don't think it will work.

So you're allowed to say what you think of the issue but for some reason I'm not?

There is NO truth to if it can sustain itself since its never happened so don't blatantly lie to make my your opinion seem more true.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
Do you have a point?

You question why I don't think it will work so I say why I don't think it will work.

So you're allowed to say what you think of the issue but for some reason I'm not?

There is NO truth to if it can sustain itself since its never happened so don't blatantly lie to make my your opinion seem more true.

No, I have no point, sorry I ever questioned someone so clearly superior. It would only fail and we have the NCAA and the NFL already has all the players it would ever need.

My apologies sir.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a business standpoint, I dont see a reason why the NFL needs to get involved with its own minor league program or farm system. Why throw money on something that isn't necessary? It seems the only support for a developmental league would come from coaches, it is not a logical business decision if it is a financial drain. The NFL isnt void of talent at this point.

However, if another entity wants to run this developmental league at their expense, i dont see an issue with this. However, they will have to make a profit to keep it going and that will likely be a near impossible task.Just look at the failure of other leagues. Why will this one be any different?

I am not sure there are enough fans who care to watch second rate players, this would be a niche league that only die hard fans will follow.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:

Without much cost? I'd think that creating a developmental league would be quite costly and I don't think NFL owners would vote to approve spending league funds on it.
dannyz

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why everyone is against this? This is a league to help players who might need a little more to get ready.

I look at this for players like Lawrence Okoye and Daniel Adongo guys who are great athletes and have upside for teams but are super raw and only get real game action in the preseason, what's so bad about sending a guy like that to play six games but their getting live action and game situations.

If this league has Success and shows that people will come watch and they help develop not just players but coaches and refs why shouldn't the NFL consider supporting this? People in the nfl have said they need something like this and this league already has the cities and venues set if they can show that they will last the NFL should support.

As you can tell I want this league to to be a hit and it also means more football for me in Omaha. Very Happy

Peppers90 on this Great Sig.
JDLefebvre

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dannyz wrote:
I don't know why everyone is against this? This is a league to help players who might need a little more to get ready.

Why do people assume we are against it if we don't think it could, would work? Just because we don't think it will work doesn't mean we are against it.

It's unrealistic to believe it will work when many leagues have tried and failed. It could have a better chance of working if the NFL backed it... but It's unrealistic to think the NFL will sink a lot of money into a league that will not be of much benefit and most likely fail.

It is our opinion that it will not work but that does not mean we are against it if they try to make it happen.

KCCO!!!
oderint dum metuant
bills123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This will be a flop like the UFL.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
dannyz wrote:

Why do people assume we are against it if we don't think it could, would work? Just because we don't think it will work doesn't mean we are against it.

It's unrealistic to believe it will work when many leagues have tried and failed. It could have a better chance of working if the NFL backed it... but It's unrealistic to think the NFL will sink a lot of money into a league that will not be of much benefit and most likely fail.

It is our opinion that it will not work but that does not mean we are against it if they try to make it happen.

No idea, my man. Snippets of this site would make for great content for a lesson on logic and debate, though, I know that much.

I like ice cream, however, not wanting to put a commercial-level ice cream maker in my house doesn't make me anti-ice cream, just that I recognize less costly, more efficient alternatives that keep (or very possibly improve) the quality of ice cream I'm consuming.

Similarly, I think an NFL d-league or minor league would be cool, and I have some ideas on how it could work, but I accept that there are numerous hurdles to making it a viable idea. This position in no way makes me anti-NFL Minor League.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's going to be during the NFL season, it has to be NFL affiliated.

This doesn't really work.
NormSizedMidget

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JDLefebvre wrote:
dannyz wrote:

If you keep saying the NCAA is the development league then you are basically saying it's not worth it. You've heavily implied that you don't think it's necessary with the NCAA part and also mentioning that the NFL has enough talent.

I feel like you saying those two things then saying you're for it is speaking out of both sides of your mouth. I haven't seen you say one thing "for" it other than just saying you are for it. But why are you for it if it cost too much, the NFL doesn't need more talent, and the NCAA is already the DL?

Serious question.
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormSizedMidget wrote:
JDLefebvre wrote:
Do you have a point?

No, I have no point, sorry I ever questioned someone so clearly superior. It would only fail and we have the NCAA and the NFL already has all the players it would ever need.

My apologies sir.

wow.

He gave a simple explanation as to why it may not work. He looked at things from a different point of view, something much different from yours.

He never claimed to be "clearly superior". He didn't say the NCAA is "perfect". He didn't say any of these things. You just got emotional as soon as someone challenged your thoughts.

Personally, I don't mind more football, but I don't expect this league to last very long.

Not your typical Vikings anymore.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: