Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys trade for Ravens LB Rolando McClain; LB Lee to IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
coors wrote:
When I first heard it, sounded kind of odd to me that they were trading for a guy who is retired, and if he's unretired he seems to have no motivation whatsoever to play the game. I feel like the only reason that he would be coming back out of his "retirement" is because he realized that those checks weren't coming in anymore.. needs that $$$$

I don't think it has to do with money at all, really. If it was, he'd have at least tried to do something when we essentially handed opportunities to him to get his life back on track including letting him figure out his personal life and then come back when he's ready. Came back, was late the first day, failed conditioning and then retired again.

I don't know what the motivation is but I'm sure glad the Cowboys believed in him enough to let us get something out of him.

Jerruh calls Rolando...

Jerruh: Hey there, son. This is Jerruh Jones
Rolando: Hello sir
Jerruh: I'm sure you heard the news that the Dallas Cowboys, Murica's Team, traded for your rights
Rolando: Yes sir, I did. I appreciate it but unfortunately I just don't have the same love for the game I once did.
Jerruh: Son, you're not hearing me. I'm giving you the opportunity to play for Murica's Team.
Rolando: Yeah, I hear ya, but my heart's not in it. I'm sorry.
Jerruh: Murica's Team
Rolando: .....Yes, a lot of history in Dallas. Doesn't change my feelings.
Jerruh: Knock Knock
Rolando: Who's there?
Jerruh: Murica
Rolando: ............
Jerruh: ..............
Rolando: ............
Jerruh: See what I did there?
Rolando: I gotta go

I definitely read all of that in George Dubya's voice and pictured his gestures and it was even better.

Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Thank you, made my day

BIG BEN 122/177 68.9 comp % 1365 yds 7tds 2int 100.1 QB Rating Yeah that's not MVP @ all
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
688 Total Yards
460 yds Rushing 1 td
228 yards receiving (9.5 yard avg)
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, the trade could literally cost Dallas absolutely nothing...

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4729716/mcclain-trade-could-cost-cowboys-nothing

Quote:
According to multiple sources, if McClain, who was acquired Tuesday, does not make the team or is not on the Cowboys' 53-man roster for five games or 46-man game-day roster for three games in 2014, then the Ravens will not receive any compensation.

Or the Ravens and Cowboys could simply swap 7th rounders....

Quote:
As it stands right now, the trade calls for the Cowboys to give up their seventh-rounder in 2016 if McClain is on the 53-man roster for five games or 46-man roster for three games only if their pick is better than the Ravens' pick in the round. If it is, then the teams will swap selections.

Or if McClain plays in 50% of the Cowboys defensive snaps, then Baltimore would receive Dallas' 6th and we get Baltimore's 7th.

But...yeah. This is same ol' Jerry stupidity Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^boo... so basically nothing's going to happen.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4729716/mcclain-trade-could-cost-cowboys-nothing

Quote:
According to multiple sources, if McClain, who was acquired Tuesday, does not make the team or is not on the Cowboys' 53-man roster for five games or 46-man game-day roster for three games in 2014, then the Ravens will not receive any compensation.

Quote:
As it stands right now, the trade calls for the Cowboys to give up their seventh-rounder in 2016 if McClain is on the 53-man roster for five games or 46-man roster for three games only if their pick is better than the Ravens' pick in the round. If it is, then the teams will swap selections.

Or if McClain plays in 50% of the Cowboys defensive snaps, then Baltimore would receive Dallas' 6th and we get Baltimore's 7th.

Have to love when people fail to read or have no common sense - it's rampant throughout this forum unfortunately

Sig courtesy of mack.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Have to love when people fail to read or have no common sense - it's rampant throughout this forum unfortunately

Rolling Eyes A completely unfair assessment. None of these details were available when the story came out yesterday or even on reports from earlier today.
BenderRodriguez

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Don't get mad man, UPS is hiring.

Why trade for a player who hasn't done squat, and his previous team doesn't want? They could not find anyone better, 32 teams and there was no one better. Who was their competition that they had to offer a 6th round pick. Should have been nothing more than a conditional 7th round pick.

BIG BEN 122/177 68.9 comp % 1365 yds 7tds 2int 100.1 QB Rating Yeah that's not MVP @ all
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
688 Total Yards
460 yds Rushing 1 td
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BenderRodriguez wrote:
CowboysTilIDie wrote:

Quote:

Quote:

Don't get mad man, UPS is hiring.

Why trade for a player who hasn't done squat, and his previous team doesn't want? They could not find anyone better, 32 teams and there was no one better. Who was their competition that they had to offer a 6th round pick. Should have been nothing more than a conditional 7th round pick.

So getting a starter for swapping a 6th for a 7th and paying nothing otherwise is worse than giving up a 7th that could escalate? Or do you not know what a conditional 7th round pick means?

Sig courtesy of mack.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:

None of these details were known until maybe an hour ago. Calm down.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

Exactly. MH in rage mode.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

I don't know about rage mode, but I think 4 pages of hate based on an uneducated opinion or pure ignorance is on the posters. Anyone trying to absolve themselves of blame because they lacked the integrity or intellectual honesty to actually check into it and do due diligence and instead chose to run with a 10-word tweet from Adam Schefter isn't something that should be considered okay.

If you want to jump to conclusions based on a tweet, go for it - when it's wrong, be prepared to be held accountable.

At the end of the day this is Dallas giving up nothing for a guy who will not make our roster. Even if he does, we will give up nothing unless he's an every day starter which either means we're unbelievably bad at that spot and NEED him, or he's resurrected himself into a decent player and is worth it. Either way, this wasn't Ozzie fleecing Jerry or "Jerruh" going full-Eli.

Sig courtesy of mack.
Art_Vandalay

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry bruh, in the future I'll text Adam Schefter and ask him to elaborate.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Art_Vandalay wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:

I don't know about rage mode, but I think 4 pages of hate based on an uneducated opinion or pure ignorance is on the posters. Anyone trying to absolve themselves of blame because they lacked the integrity or intellectual honesty to actually check into it and do due diligence and instead chose to run with a 10-word tweet from Adam Schefter isn't something that should be considered okay.

If you want to jump to conclusions based on a tweet, go for it - when it's wrong, be prepared to be held accountable.

At the end of the day this is Dallas giving up nothing for a guy who will not make our roster. Even if he does, we will give up nothing unless he's an every day starter which either means we're unbelievably bad at that spot and NEED him, or he's resurrected himself into a decent player and is worth it. Either way, this wasn't Ozzie fleecing Jerry or "Jerruh" going full-Eli.

You're acting as though those details were made available when these posts were made -- they weren't. All of the information available lent itself to being exactly what the tweet said. It wasn't until just a few hours ago these finer details came to light. I don't quite see how that's ignorance in the slightest -- they could have looked all day and not found anything more.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of agree with MH here. We shouldn't be quick to bash a team until we get all the details on transactions like this. It happens all the time in trades that there's conditions/escalators. Same thing happens with contracts, everyone was quick to say the 49ers overpaid for Kaep and then when the exact details came out, they changed their tune and said Kaep was an idiot for signing that team friendly deal.

People shouldn't be so quick to criticize until they get the details...
BenderRodriguez

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still against it. There could be much better players available at cut downs. Not saying you will get a starter but you could very well get a serviceable player, and McClain has proven to be anything but.

Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
688 Total Yards
460 yds Rushing 1 td

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7

Jump to: