Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys trade for Ravens LB Rolando McClain; LB Lee to IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
I kind of agree with MH here. We shouldn't be quick to bash a team until we get all the details on transactions like this. It happens all the time in trades that there's conditions/escalators. Same thing happens with contracts, everyone was quick to say the 49ers overpaid for Kaep and then when the exact details came out, they changed their tune and said Kaep was an idiot for signing that team friendly deal.

People shouldn't be so quick to criticize until they get the details...

I agree with the logic, I don't agree with the approach nor the assumption that people are "ignorant". "Quick to judge"? Sure, but ignorance doesn't apply here -- the details weren't out there to be discovered. I personally assumed there was something more than we knew so I was sure to not bash the Cowboys, but to call out people for ignorance when it clearly is not that, IMO, is petty.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
I kind of agree with MH here. We shouldn't be quick to bash a team until we get all the details on transactions like this. It happens all the time in trades that there's conditions/escalators. Same thing happens with contracts, everyone was quick to say the 49ers overpaid for Kaep and then when the exact details came out, they changed their tune and said Kaep was an idiot for signing that team friendly deal.

I agree with the logic, I don't agree with the approach nor the assumption that people are "ignorant". "Quick to judge"? Sure, but ignorance doesn't apply here -- the details weren't out there to be discovered. I personally assumed there was something more than we knew so I was sure to not bash the Cowboys, but to call out people for ignorance when it clearly is not that, IMO, is petty.

Define ignorant for me then look at your explanation above. Just b/c you were ignorant of the details doesn't make you a bad person, but that's clearly what this was.

Sig courtesy of mack.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Sorry bruh, in the future I'll text Adam Schefter and ask him to elaborate.

You my doe still - we cool brah

Sig courtesy of mack.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaddHatter wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

Define ignorant for me then look at your explanation above. Just b/c you were ignorant of the details doesn't make you a bad person, but that's clearly what this was.

I think you are the one who needs a refresher on the definition, friend.

When details are not out there, you cannot be ignorant to them. That's my point. Unless you define literally every single thing yet unknown to mankind being talked about as ignorance, then you don't have a leg to stand on in this case. If people were saying these things after the details came out then yes, but as was the case for the vast majority of the posts, the details were not out there and as such, "ignorance" does not apply.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jokes going to be on us when McClain rediscovers his love for the game and plays to the best of his ability, which is pretty damn good. I fear a Vontaze Burfict like career revival.

~Bird Watch 2014 | Nick Foles~
1,628 yards, 10 TDs, 7 INTs, 82.0 Passer Rating
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

When details are not out there, you cannot be ignorant to them. That's my point. Unless you define literally every single thing yet unknown to mankind being talked about as ignorance, then you don't have a leg to stand on in this case. If people were saying these things after the details came out then yes, but as was the case for the vast majority of the posts, the details were not out there and as such, "ignorance" does not apply.

ig·no·rance
ˈignərəns/
noun
noun: ignorance

lack of knowledge or information.

There was a lack of information (no matter the reason) so there was ignorance. I'm ignorant of a lot of things. I'm ignorant about how televisions work. I'm ignorant about what tomorrow will bring. The word isn't as nasty as people seem to think.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

ig·no·rance
ˈignərəns/
noun

There was a lack of information (no matter the reason) so there was ignorance. I'm ignorant of a lot of things. I'm ignorant about how televisions work. I'm ignorant about what tomorrow will bring. The word isn't as nasty as people seem to think.

I agree that the word isn't as nasty as many think.

My point is that the information was not out there -- unlike, for you, how televisions work.

That was the point I was getting at -- are all doctors ignorant on how cancer can be cured? Or is it just unknown at this point? If the information is not out there (and unknown all together), you can't be ignorant to it. At the time of the trade, it was not known that further conditions were involved. Just like right now, it is not known what cures cancer. But, we don't call doctor's ignorant on the topic of curing cancer, do we?

Edit: Not to mention, the implication (based on other adjectives used) was that people failed to read/just wanted to bash the Cowboys rather than being ignorant to facts. So, there's that too. Bottom line, he got sensitive that people were bashing his team in the beginning and once further details came out, he attacked back calling them out yet using an argument as if they knew the details beforehand, and I found it quite petty.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
MaddHatter wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:

ig·no·rance
ˈignərəns/
noun

I agree that the word isn't as nasty as many think.

My point is that the information was not out there -- unlike, for you, how televisions work.

That was the point I was getting at -- are all doctors ignorant on how cancer can be cured? Or is it just unknown at this point? If the information is not out there (and unknown all together), you can't be ignorant to it. At the time of the trade, it was not known that further conditions were involved. Just like right now, it is not known what cures cancer. But, we don't call doctor's ignorant on the topic of curing cancer, do we?

Edit: Not to mention, the implication (based on other adjectives used) was that people failed to read/just wanted to bash the Cowboys rather than being ignorant to facts. So, there's that too. Bottom line, he got sensitive that people were bashing his team in the beginning and once further details came out, he attacked back calling them out yet using an argument as if they knew the details beforehand, and I found it quite petty.

Ignorance is ignorance whether you can get the knowledge or not. Yes, doctors are ignorant of the cure for cancer. Ignorance is anything you do not know whether you are capable of knowing it or not.

I'm not going to debate MH's intent because I don't really care, i'm just here for the ignorance.

Also, ignorance is bliss.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should simply serve as a lesson in prudence. Perhaps making assumptions & mockery prior to knowing the facts isn't the smartest course of action.

Goes for life, not just NFL section.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:

Ignorance is ignorance whether you can get the knowledge or not. Yes, doctors are ignorant of the cure for cancer. Ignorance is anything you do not know whether you are capable of knowing it or not.

I'm not going to debate MH's intent because I don't really care, i'm just here for the ignorance.

Agree to disagree because then ignorance is essentially a meaningless word if it literally means "something unknown" rather than "unlearned/uninformed".

Last edited by Flaccomania on Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
This should simply serve as a lesson in prudence. Perhaps making assumptions & mockery prior to knowing the facts isn't the smartest course of action.

Agree with this.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I prefer not to take life lessons from a criminal.

I came to the conclusion that you are a criminal by your user name. Seems like a safe assumption to me.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Agree to disagree because then ignorance is essentially a meaningless word if it literally means "something unknown" rather than "unlearned/uninformed".

Oh it may or may not, I'm pretty ignorant on the subject to be honest. I just like to hear myself talk (type).
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing

But crimin...er...I am speaking from experience!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Cowboys sent a 7th rounder to #Ravens for Rolando McClain & a 7th rounder yesterday, the team now says. Picks are for 2016 draft, not 2015

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/484455392299057152
Tom Brady Tribute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: