Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys trade for Ravens LB Rolando McClain; LB Lee to IR
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Legacyof52


Joined: 14 Nov 2013
Posts: 260
Location: far from home
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Ignorance is ignorance whether you can get the knowledge or not. Yes, doctors are ignorant of the cure for cancer. Ignorance is anything you do not know whether you are capable of knowing it or not.

I'm not going to debate MH's intent because I don't really care, i'm just here for the ignorance.

Also, ignorance is bliss.


Agree to disagree because then ignorance is essentially a meaningless word if it literally means "something unknown" rather than "unlearned/uninformed".
You are wrong. Ignorance is lacking information. Information wasn't available and people jumped to conclusions without knowing all the details. The lack of information caused a misunderstanding. There was a lack of knowledge since it was unknown at that time.

I won't call this a great move but getting anything for him at this point is definitely a good thing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 7306
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
Quote:
#Cowboys sent a 7th rounder to #Ravens for Rolando McClain & a 7th rounder yesterday, the team now says. Picks are for 2016 draft, not 2015


https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/484455392299057152


Huh? I'm so confused.

We got rid of him and still Rolando McClain is giving me a headache. Good Luck with him, Cowboys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BABPITT


Joined: 14 Jan 2014
Posts: 113
Location: THE BLACK HOLE
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Art_Vandalay wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
coors wrote:
When I first heard it, sounded kind of odd to me that they were trading for a guy who is retired, and if he's unretired he seems to have no motivation whatsoever to play the game. I feel like the only reason that he would be coming back out of his "retirement" is because he realized that those checks weren't coming in anymore.. needs that $$$$


I don't think it has to do with money at all, really. If it was, he'd have at least tried to do something when we essentially handed opportunities to him to get his life back on track including letting him figure out his personal life and then come back when he's ready. Came back, was late the first day, failed conditioning and then retired again.

I don't know what the motivation is but I'm sure glad the Cowboys believed in him enough to let us get something out of him.

Jerruh calls Rolando...

Jerruh: Hey there, son. This is Jerruh Jones
Rolando: Hello sir
Jerruh: I'm sure you heard the news that the Dallas Cowboys, Murica's Team, traded for your rights
Rolando: Yes sir, I did. I appreciate it but unfortunately I just don't have the same love for the game I once did.
Jerruh: Son, you're not hearing me. I'm giving you the opportunity to play for Murica's Team.
Rolando: Yeah, I hear ya, but my heart's not in it. I'm sorry.
Jerruh: Murica's Team
Rolando: .....Yes, a lot of history in Dallas. Doesn't change my feelings.
Jerruh: Knock Knock
Rolando: Who's there?
Jerruh: Murica
Rolando: ............
Jerruh: ..............
Rolando: ............
Jerruh: See what I did there?
Rolando: I gotta go
LMAO CTFU Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Justin Hoover82


Joined: 18 Jan 2013
Posts: 2530
Location: Ft.Worth Texas
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't mind this at all. Nothing really lost here and who knows, maybe you catch lightning in a bottle. It's happened before. I highly highly doubt it but again who knows. Cowboys are desperate at LB after losing S.Lee and an already weak position. I expect Cowboys defense to be awful again this yr, like record breaking awful Crying or Very sad
_________________
AMERICA'S TEAM and 5x SB CHAMPIONS = DALLAS COWBOYS!!!!!

Joe_is_the_best on the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Marcus21


Joined: 19 Mar 2012
Posts: 1230
Location: North Carolina
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean no disrespect to Cowboys fans...Im not hear to troll, but this seems like a desperate move for a team will little options. McClain wasnt really that good when he was trying to play. Now he lost his "passion for the game". I probably would have kept my 6th round pick, and tried to develope a kid that was hungry and wanted to play. Hopefully, Bruce Cater will play up to his potential for you guys and help mask the loss of Lee. As a die hard Tarheel fan, I really want to see him do well!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3912
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has to be one of the most confusing trades in NFL history. If the Cowboys are better than the Ravens but Rolando doesn't play then no trade occurs? But if the Ravens are better and Rolando plays then they swap 7th rounders. But if Rolando plays a lot then the Ravens get a 6th Rounder?

Seems to me the Ravens are betting on two things. 1) The Cowboys not being a very good team next year. 2) Rolando McClain playing in a lot of games.

These two things could very well be related.
_________________
The Ultimate Fantasy Football Challenge
FootballsFuture Fantasy Scrubs League
Discussion Thread Link
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 2485
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I was really thinking of Jameel McClain when I saw this. He was the only McClain that I knew of that played for the Ravens until I looked him up.

I can't this bum is still in the league. Good move by Ravens though by taking advantage of a horribly desperate team.


LOL Same here. I was thinking man Jameel was always a pretty good player not sure why he is getting trashed that bad in here. Finally saw your post and had to double check.
_________________


Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28981
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I mean no disrespect to Cowboys fans...Im not hear to troll, but this seems like a desperate move for a team will little options. McClain wasnt really that good when he was trying to play. Now he lost his "passion for the game". I probably would have kept my 6th round pick, and tried to develope a kid that was hungry and wanted to play. Hopefully, Bruce Cater will play up to his potential for you guys and help mask the loss of Lee. As a die hard Tarheel fan, I really want to see him do well!!


This doesn't stop us from having a younger player compete for the job. At all.

All this does is add another player - a former 1st rounder no less - to compete for the job at the expense of a 6th round pick at most.

If he doesn't make the opening day roster, we give up nothing.
_________________

^^^Deadpulse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
BenderRodriguez


Joined: 14 May 2014
Posts: 2727
Location: #SteelerNation-We have six Lombardie's and you don't. Haters Hate
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote



I am pretty sure McClain will start, and the first tackle he makes, this will be Jerry.
_________________

BIG BEN 122/177 68.9 comp % 1365 yds 7tds 2int 100.1 QB Rating Yeah that's not MVP @ all
Quote:
LE'VEON BELL TRACKER
688 Total Yards
460 yds Rushing 1 td
228 yards receiving (9.5 yard avg)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nova


Joined: 19 Sep 2013
Posts: 441
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus21 wrote:
I mean no disrespect to Cowboys fans...Im not hear to troll, but this seems like a desperate move for a team will little options. McClain wasnt really that good when he was trying to play. Now he lost his "passion for the game". I probably would have kept my 6th round pick, and tried to develope a kid that was hungry and wanted to play. Hopefully, Bruce Cater will play up to his potential for you guys and help mask the loss of Lee. As a die hard Tarheel fan, I really want to see him do well!!


Yeah. I didn't like it at first either, but the 0 liability all upside aspect of the deal has me happy.

I'm not hopeful, but hey... we've recently pulled Ernie Sims out of retirement and he played pretty well for us for 2 years.
_________________
Elsewhere: Ntegrase96
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
sp6488


Joined: 14 Mar 2005
Posts: 9512
Location: MD
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Legacyof52 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Ignorance is ignorance whether you can get the knowledge or not. Yes, doctors are ignorant of the cure for cancer. Ignorance is anything you do not know whether you are capable of knowing it or not.

I'm not going to debate MH's intent because I don't really care, i'm just here for the ignorance.

Also, ignorance is bliss.


Agree to disagree because then ignorance is essentially a meaningless word if it literally means "something unknown" rather than "unlearned/uninformed".
You are wrong. Ignorance is lacking information. Information wasn't available and people jumped to conclusions without knowing all the details. The lack of information caused a misunderstanding. There was a lack of knowledge since it was unknown at that time.

I won't call this a great move but getting anything for him at this point is definitely a good thing.


He's not wrong. "Ignorance" implies not knowing something for which the ability to know said information is possible. Even reading the common expression, "ignorance is bliss," that was just mentioned a few posts befor yours, implies this meaning. The expression doesn't refer to not understanding how to cure cancer or the mysteries of the universe, rather it refers to things like not knowing exactly how the sausage is made. You could look behind the curtain if you wanted to, but not knowing is a happier existence.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Thomas5737


Joined: 23 Dec 2009
Posts: 6146
Location: 1313 Mockingbird Lane
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Legacyof52 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Ignorance is ignorance whether you can get the knowledge or not. Yes, doctors are ignorant of the cure for cancer. Ignorance is anything you do not know whether you are capable of knowing it or not.

I'm not going to debate MH's intent because I don't really care, i'm just here for the ignorance.

Also, ignorance is bliss.


Agree to disagree because then ignorance is essentially a meaningless word if it literally means "something unknown" rather than "unlearned/uninformed".
You are wrong. Ignorance is lacking information. Information wasn't available and people jumped to conclusions without knowing all the details. The lack of information caused a misunderstanding. There was a lack of knowledge since it was unknown at that time.

I won't call this a great move but getting anything for him at this point is definitely a good thing.


He's not wrong. "Ignorance" implies not knowing something for which the ability to know said information is possible. Even reading the common expression, "ignorance is bliss," that was just mentioned a few posts befor yours, implies this meaning. The expression doesn't refer to not understanding how to cure cancer or the mysteries of the universe, rather it refers to things like not knowing exactly how the sausage is made. You could look behind the curtain if you wanted to, but not knowing is a happier existence.


Even so, once the trade was made there were details, they did exist, even if they weren't readily available. We were ignorant to those details because we weren't privy to them, so our assumptions were out of ignorance via impatience.

Which makes for good discussion which is why we are here, in ignorant fashion or otherwise. So MadHatter called us out on it, I don't have an issue with it either way. The eagerness to discuss it trumps the patience to get it right...at least here on a message board.

I'll take the lashing and learn nothing from it, its the way I roll.


_________________
Adopt a Brown:
Jordan Cameron: 13 catches 250 yards 1 TD
Billy Winn: 11 tackles 1 stuff and 1 badass FG block
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fitz2k2


Joined: 18 Dec 2007
Posts: 7754
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bahahaha
_________________
Save Me Barry!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MaddHatter


Joined: 29 Nov 2006
Posts: 45251
Location: ROH Class of 14
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So we get a guy who won't in all likelihood make our roster, for nothing.

If he does make our roster, and he lasts more than 5 games on our 53, our 3 games on our 46, we might swap our 2016 7th rounders, but only if we are a worse team than the Ravens in 2015.

If he starts the entire 2014 season (plays 50% of our snaps), then we will trade a 2016 6th for a 2016 7th.

That clear enough for everyone? Laughing

EDIT: I also love how we had to debate the definition of the word ignorance...
_________________


Sig courtesy of mack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Legacyof52


Joined: 14 Nov 2013
Posts: 260
Location: far from home
PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
Legacyof52 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
Thomas5737 wrote:

Ignorance is ignorance whether you can get the knowledge or not. Yes, doctors are ignorant of the cure for cancer. Ignorance is anything you do not know whether you are capable of knowing it or not.

I'm not going to debate MH's intent because I don't really care, i'm just here for the ignorance.

Also, ignorance is bliss.


Agree to disagree because then ignorance is essentially a meaningless word if it literally means "something unknown" rather than "unlearned/uninformed".
You are wrong. Ignorance is lacking information. Information wasn't available and people jumped to conclusions without knowing all the details. The lack of information caused a misunderstanding. There was a lack of knowledge since it was unknown at that time.

I won't call this a great move but getting anything for him at this point is definitely a good thing.


He's not wrong. "Ignorance" implies not knowing something for which the ability to know said information is possible. Even reading the common expression, "ignorance is bliss," that was just mentioned a few posts befor yours, implies this meaning. The expression doesn't refer to not understanding how to cure cancer or the mysteries of the universe, rather it refers to things like not knowing exactly how the sausage is made. You could look behind the curtain if you wanted to, but not knowing is a happier existence.
The information did exist, it just wasn't known by the members of this forum. WTH? Some people should be slapped. You act like the information didn't exist at all Laughing Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL News All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group