You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The MCU Thread: Phase 3 set
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12705
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Which superheroes are even affected or even use guns except Iron Man.


I'm on your side on this, but I felt like playing devil's advocate here












_________________

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12705
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Reading your posts, it sounds like you more have a problem with the character and culture of Wakanda rather than this trailer/movie. Your big complaint is ripped straight out of the comics, so my suggestion to you would be to either stop watching or caring about comic book properties or learn to accept it. This certainly inst the first time in the MCU that unconventional weapons were used.

Yeah, if the culture of Wakanda is to use swords and spears instead of vibranium-tipped bullets, I have a problem with the culture of Wakanda.


Most of their weapons are both for melee purposes made with vibranium and shoot laser blasts. You do get a tease of such futuristic weapons at 1:28 or thereabouts.
_________________

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HorizontoZenith


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 5911
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Reading your posts, it sounds like you more have a problem with the character and culture of Wakanda rather than this trailer/movie. Your big complaint is ripped straight out of the comics, so my suggestion to you would be to either stop watching or caring about comic book properties or learn to accept it. This certainly inst the first time in the MCU that unconventional weapons were used.

Yeah, if the culture of Wakanda is to use swords and spears instead of vibranium-tipped bullets, I have a problem with the culture of Wakanda.


Most of their weapons are both for melee purposes made with vibranium and shoot laser blasts. You do get a tease of such futuristic weapons at 1:28 or thereabouts.

Laser swords I'm fine with. Regular swords are dumb. That's why I liked The Last Samurai so much. It was a movie all about how the sword is futile now and there is no reason anybody should ever pick up a regular sword in a world where guns exist.

Also, Raiders of the Lost Ark. And on and on. There's even a saying about bringing a sword to a gun fight or something.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12705
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
Reading your posts, it sounds like you more have a problem with the character and culture of Wakanda rather than this trailer/movie. Your big complaint is ripped straight out of the comics, so my suggestion to you would be to either stop watching or caring about comic book properties or learn to accept it. This certainly inst the first time in the MCU that unconventional weapons were used.

Yeah, if the culture of Wakanda is to use swords and spears instead of vibranium-tipped bullets, I have a problem with the culture of Wakanda.


Most of their weapons are both for melee purposes made with vibranium and shoot laser blasts. You do get a tease of such futuristic weapons at 1:28 or thereabouts.

Laser swords I'm fine with. Regular swords are dumb. That's why I liked The Last Samurai so much. It was a movie all about how the sword is futile now and there is no reason anybody should ever pick up a regular sword in a world where guns exist.

Also, Raiders of the Lost Ark. And on and on. There's even a saying about bringing a sword to a gun fight or something.


I'd hardly qualify these swords and spears as "regular". They probably can't be put up their with the light saber, but they are the next best thing being made out of a metal that can protect the wearer from damn near anything and when used as a weapon can cut through damn near anything.
_________________

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 12128
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Acgott wrote:
The Dora Mijaje are the all female bodyguards of the Black Panther.

What brought the gun war to this thread? Which superheroes are even affected or even use guns except Iron Man. I don't remember this outrage for Wolverine

Vibranium spears can cut through anyway like a lightsaber. It's no ordinary substance

Like I said, it's purely and wholly and strictly and entirely my dislike for swords. They're dumb, and literally every time I see a sword fight in a movie (except for Star Wars), I fast forward it. I also dock a movie a full point on the 1-10 rating if there's a baby crying anywhere in the movie.

It's literally just me. I get that it's stupid, but it's my type of stupid and my own personal stupid.

Wolverine can use claws because he doesn't need to dodge bullets.

And Batman? Spider-Man? Daredevil? Is there a hero you like?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HorizontoZenith


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 5911
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
Wolverine can use claws because he doesn't need to dodge bullets.

And Batman? Spider-Man? Daredevil?

Batman is a conscientious objector to guns and he uses projectiles to incapacitate his enemies so as not to kill them.

Spider-Man isn't old enough to buy a gun and he is a hero, so therefore he cannot break the law. He also has projectile webbing, not a spider sword.

Daredevil is a stupid superhero, but he is also blind and it would not be very wise for a blind man to have a gun.

Any other questions? Because I got answers for all of them. Wink

Quote:
Is there a hero you like?

I like The Punisher most. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 12128
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
I'm on your side on this, but I felt like playing devil's advocate here.

Touché, although all have another primarily way to defeat their enemy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Deadpulse


Joined: 16 Oct 2008
Posts: 12705
Location: Boston MA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acgott wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
I'm on your side on this, but I felt like playing devil's advocate here.

Touché, although all have another primarily way to defeat their enemy


Comics would be super boring if heroes used guns most of time
_________________

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Acgott


Moderator
Joined: 14 Jan 2007
Posts: 12128
Location: USA
PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
Acgott wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
I'm on your side on this, but I felt like playing devil's advocate here.

Touché, although all have another primarily way to defeat their enemy


Comics would be super boring if heroes used guns most of time

As Batman once said
Quote:
A gun is a coward's weapon. A liar's weapon. We kill too often because we've made it easy... too easy... sparing ourselves the mess and the work.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19894
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

And most of the time, I think guns are boring as ish. Gimme swords all day every day.

Also, about the whole guns > thing. As long as you're 20+ feet away maybe. Closer than that (like, you know, where super heroes do most of their fighting), nah; gimme the blade every time.
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HorizontoZenith


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 5911
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of you right now:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlaqOptic


Joined: 14 Feb 2007
Posts: 43632
PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Acgott wrote:
The Dora Milaje are coming led by Danai Gurira and Lupita Nyong'o and people are arguing about guns... in a superhero movie... the Wakandan armor is bulletproof anyway as seen in Civil War and the trailer. If more guns came, they'll just wear more armor

I don't know what that first part means, and are you telling me bulletproof armor isn't sword-proof, too? Yes, it's something most people could suspend disbelief for me, but swords have always been stupid to me, and it's something that will hold it back for me. I'm not exactly trying to sway anybody, I'm just talking about it. To me, that's stupid. If they wear more armor, shoot them in the head. If they put armor on their head, we're getting into Iron Man territory and it should have more missiles and still less swords and spears.

Bottom line, unless it's Loki's spear that can shoot stuff, or a lightsaber, swords and spears are dumb and I don't like them.


But their spears DO and likely WILL shoot lasers and do other things. Like, the Dora Milaje are secretly advanced like much of Wakanda... It's heavily implied in the trailer.
_________________
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Quote:
I like PFF.

Go straight to hell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
fretgod99


Moderator
Joined: 05 Aug 2005
Posts: 19894
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
All of you right now:

So, if I post the video of that firearms instructor shooting himself in the leg, do I win?
_________________

MrDrew wrote:
Can somebody give me a good reason there's not a giant statue to fret somewhere?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crickett


Joined: 27 Nov 2004
Posts: 4904
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, thanks to Mark Ruffalo we have a pretty good idea which characters are going to die in Avengers: Infinity War.

Quote:
Everyone dies. The end.


Laughing
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
raiderrocker18


Joined: 09 Dec 2014
Posts: 5148
Location: Los Angeles
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

leaked trailer for Avengers: Infinity War - https://streamable.com/zeuhc

full trailer for Thor: Ragnarok - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ue80QwXMRHg
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 29 of 30

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group