Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2006 NFL Mock Draft H Town Texas
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Where will Vince Young go in the Draft?
Texans
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Titans
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
Jets
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Raiders
52%
 52%  [ 12 ]
Somewhere Else
30%
 30%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 23

DonovanFMcNabb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:38 am    Post subject: 2006 NFL Mock Draft H Town Texas Reply with quote

This is just a little mock I did late last night. Got a little bored a felt like posting it up here. Let me know what you guys think, and please be as blunt as you need to be.
1. Houston Texans - Reggie Bush - RB - USC
He's the best available player. I don't think they stay with the pick. The really need DBrickshaw but if they stay here they take Bush or they take V Young. The line is the biggest hole, specifically the right side. If they get DBrickshaw then they can move wiegert or Pitts to RT.

2. New Orlean Saints - DBrickshaw Ferguson-OT-Virginia. They could easily pick Mario Williams here but I have them taking Ferguson since they have Will Smith and Charles Grant as their starting DEs, which isnt bad at all. Ferguson would fill in the hole at LT and would solidify a strong oline with 2nd year man Jamal Brown, Jermaine Matberry, and Montrae Holland(First FSU Rep of the draft.)

3. Tenn Titans-Matt Leinart-QB-USC. Pretty easy here. The future is in this pick. They have Norm Chow, it works. McNair is at least 34. chow has gotta be praying for this, but McNair could be pleading for V Young. I still say this is the most logical pick.

4. NY Jets-Mario Williams-DE-NC St. They losy Abraham and they draft potentially the next Julious Peppers. Williams isa freak and has a lot of upside for a team that lacks a pass rushing end.

5. GB Packers-AJ Hawk-OLB-OHio St. They resigned Kampman and are happy with him to complement KGB(The pass rusher not the Russian Mob). They need LB help after they cut Nail Diggs. Hes the 2nd coming of Brian Urlacher, hes a phenomenal playmaker.

6. SF 49ers - Vernon Davis-TE-Maryland. Ive been talknig all offseason about them taking Jimmy Williams here, but their offense is pathetic. A young QB can always use a great TE and Davis has upside up the ying yang.

7. Oakland Raiders-Vince Young-QB-Texas. Well it is the land of the misfit toys and what better toy to have than an athletic, strong armed, speedy, illiterate fool like V Young. Aaron Brooks deal is only 2 years and thats enough time to groom the QB of the future. Young playing with Porter and Moss could really be sick. Moss wanted C Pepper back and he just might be getting a faster slighttly dumber version of the sex boat QB.

8. Buff Bills-Haloti Ngata-DT-Oregon. They lost Sam Adams this year and Pat Williams last year. They need line help and Ngata is one hell of an athlete.

9.Det Lions-Winston Justice-OT-USC. They could really use help on the line. And I wanna see my boy Josh McCown succeed any which way possible so they should strengthen the line.

10. Arizona Cardinals-Michael Huff-DB-Texas. This was a tough pick but I think they could use the help in the secondary, whether Huff plays CB or plays S alongside Adrian Wilson. They could take Cutler here.

11. St Louis Rams - Jimmy Williams-CB-V Tech. They have an awful secondary. Thats just it. I believe Jimmy Williams still stands 6'3 and 200 plus, so hes a safe pick here.

12. Clev Browns-Broderick Bunkley-FSU-DT. They play the 3-4 he can play DE or DT here. Hes a quick 300 pounder and can definitely help them immediately.

13. Bal Ravens- Chad Greenway-OLB-Iowa. They would prefer a DT but I don't think they would take Gabe Watson here. .

14. Phil Eagles-Lendale White-Its either White or McNeil here. I love the pick, hes the best available player. He score 25 plyus TDs the last 2 years. Hes a monster and the perfect complement to B Westbrook.

15. Den Broncos- Santonio Holmes-WR-Ohi St. They win the jackpot here.LOL. They can use WR help and he can get in the return game

16. Mia Dolphins- Tye Hill-CB-Clemson. They cut Sam Madison and they lost Pat Surtain the year before. He will start immediately and help them out on an already strong defense.

17. Min Vikings- Jay Cutler-QB-Vanderbilt. They need a QB for the future since Brad Johnson cant play forever. Its common sense.

18. Dallas Cowboys- Marcus McNeil-OT-Auburn. The line was gettin up there and before Parcells and company let Larry the Cable..... Larry Allen go. They would have to take an athlete like this if he was still available.

19. SD Chargers- Chad Jackson-WR-Florida. Wouldnt hurt to add to the receiver group. They could draft a corner here.

20. KC Chiefs- Mannie Lawson-DE-NC ST. An ideal tweener who would give the Chiefs a pass rush they have certainly lacked over the last few seasons.

21. NE Patriots- Antonio Cromartie. He's 6'3 200 plus. runs a 4'3 AND IS A FLAT OUT FREAK at corner.

22. Den Broncos-Ko Simpson-S-South Carolina. They simply need a safety and Simpson is the best available.

23. TB Bucs-Eric Winston-OT-Miami. They need line help, Kenyatta Walker is awful. I couldnt justify giving them a DE with Rice and Spicer.

24. Cin Bengals -Gabe Watson-DT-Michigan. They could use some help on the line and Watson is huge. 334 pounder would fill a much needed hole at dT.

25. NY Giants-Ashton Youboty-CB-Ohio St. They need to continue to add to the secondary and Youboty could prove to be a prize at this point in the draft.

26.Chi Bears-Leonard Pope-TE-Georgia. They need a TE and hes the biggest of the 1st day. He isnt a great blocker but hes a better blocker than Marcedes Lewis or Vernon Davis.

27. CAr Panthers- Deangelo Williams-RB-Memphis. He can complement the injury prone Deshaun Foster. They need some kind of insurance

28.Jax Jaguars-Demeco Ryans-OLB-Alabama. They could use an athletic LB and Ryans is as good as they come at this point.

29. NY Jets- Nick Mangold-C-Ohio St. Sorry about the other pick. i had Wimbley here even though I had Mario Williams go to them at 4. I'm sleep typing. This would make since . They could still potentially take Cutler or Young at 4, but they could be willing to wait on someone later on in the draft. Maybe they take Brodie Croyle in the 3rd.

30. Ind Colts-Lawrence Maroney-RB-Minnesota. Mr Maroney meet Mr. Manning and say goodbye to the edge. He starts from day 1 and easily rushes for 1200 plus.

31. Sea Seahawks-Max Gean Giles-OG-Georgia. They need a Guard now since they decided to become retarded and let Steve Hutchinson walk away. They could go S here, but I wouldnt take Bing or Donte Whitner this early.

32. Pitt Steelers- Ernie Simms-OLB-FSU. They could take a olineman but Simms seems to good to pass up here.

Last edited by DonovanFMcNabb on Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
ToastedOats

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad draft but Shanahan has stated that if one of the three qb's falls to 15 he will draft that guy.
Steegles46

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:32 am    Post subject: Re: 2006 NFL Mock Draft H Town Texas Reply with quote

DonovanFMcNabb wrote:
14. Phil Eagles-Lendale White-Its either White or McNeil here. I love the pick, hes the best available player. He score 25 plyus TDs the last 2 years. Hes a monster and the perfect complement to B Westbrook.

With Greenway available, I just don't see how we can pass him up.
DonovanFMcNabb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I would love to take Greenway but I always hear all the talk about Reid not wanting to draft LBs in the 1st. Well you saw where that got us last year with McCoy and a couple of years ago with Quinton Caver. We need a playmaking LB. Reid won't draft him but AJ Nicholson is a hell of a playmaker. He just has a lot baggage. I just keep thinking that we need a big change of pace back. Now I love Westbrook, but I can't justify the 5 year 25 million contract unless he gets 20 plus touches. I don't think that he's capable of that many carries though. He is lvery likely to get injured again. I like Buckhalter but we cant count on him staying healthy one bit. He sure played well in 2003 though. If he could stay healthy he would be the power back. Moats is the spitting image of Westbrook though and even though I think hes a decent player, I still don't know why we drafted him and resigned Westbrook long term. They have simialr running styles. Westbrook clearly has better hands but they run an awful lot alike.
frazierfan86

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A) Your sig is too big.

2) Kamerion Wimbley?!? Not a first round pick, plus the Ravens have more pressing needs.

icecoldbruschi wrote:
The Ravens are a poor man's Jets... And Joe Flacco is mediocre.
DonovanFMcNabb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By Todd McShay
Scouts Inc.

27. Carolina Panthers (11-5)
Top five needs: SS/OLB, WR, TE, OG, RB
The pick: Kamerion Wimbley, DE/OLB, Florida State
Wimbley is building steam at just the right time. He built on a strong senior campaign by turning in an impressive combine workout. At just 248 pounds, Wimbley could emerge as a future starter at outside linebacker for the Panthers. In the meantime, he is ready to contribute immediately as a situational pass-rusher.

By Mel Kiper Jr.

29. Denver Kamerion Wimbley, DE Florida St.

Rob Rang / Sports Xchange
Posted: 19 hours ago

18. Cowboys Kamerion Wimbley DE/OLB Florida State
With the addition of free agents Terrell Owens and Jason Fabini, the
Cowboys likely will be looking for another pass rusher with this choice. They are clearly gearing up for a Super Bowl run this season, and Wimbley would provide an immediate impact opposite young star DeMarcus Ware.
patriot12

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not bad Rolling Eyes
The Gnat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good Vikings pick.

Gang_Green03

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 29th pick makes sense but Mario doesn't make any sense. He doesn't fit the 3-4. Even if we did take him then we wouldn't take Wimbley. We won't take 2 DEs in the 1st. DE isn't even a need we need a rush OLB and a NT. So we'd get Wimbley to provide a pass rush and with the 4th pick either Hawk or trade down but I highly doubt we take 2 defensive players in the 1st round. That would be stupid because we need to add talent to our offense, our defense isn't the problem.
DonovanFMcNabb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I didnt even realize I did that. I've been back and forth between studying and typing on here. You guys are probably more likely to go DE with the 29 than the 4. Especially if the Saints don't take DBrickshaw. Than you could take him at 4 and still get Wimbley or Kiwanuka or Mannie Lawson at 29.
travrock1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frazierfan86 wrote:
A) Your sig is too big.

2) Kamerion Wimbley?!? Not a first round pick, plus the Ravens have more pressing needs.

Never take advice from a man whose lists go A, 2, D, #, ....
Wimbley is a first round pick and is on the rise.
Deve09

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good mock

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Bronco picks.
sdcowboy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gosh, i'm getting tired of saying this. no way dallas takes an OT in the first round unless Justice falls that far. Carpenter will most likely be the pick but any defensive player would be better choice
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Jags pick.. Id rather have Sims though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: