You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Spider-Man: Homecoming (July 2017)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
Some of the writing in this movie was humorously bad.

Good Spider-man. Good villain. Everything else could have been thrown away.

Iron Man was shoehorned into the movie just to have Iron Man in it, and the reasons that he didnt want Sprider-man to fight were just plain stupid.

Definitely one of, it not the, worst MCU movies.

You mean not wanting a 16 year old to put himself in danger that could possibly get himself or others killed, that he would feel responsible for? Like the ferry accident.
devils1854

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Doyle Rules wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Iron Man was shoehorned into the movie just to have Iron Man in it, and the reasons that he didnt want Sprider-man to fight were just plain stupid.

You mean not wanting a 16 year old to put himself in danger that could possibly get himself or others killed, that he would feel responsible for? Like the ferry accident.

Stark sure didnt feel that way when it served his needs in Civil War.

Lets go down the time line.

-(Pre-Civil War)Spider-Man did something or multiple things that were impressive that caught the eye of Stark.
-(Civil War)Spider-Man is put in major danger when he faced off against some of the most powerful beings in the world, and holds his own, and does major damage against the likes of Falcon and Winter Soldier.
-(Homecoming)Parker is now some bumbling idiot that doesnt know what he can do with his powers, and has major problems against threats that he should be able to vanquish with little problem based on what we saw previously.

Its bad writing that helped to force Stark in this movie, and it doesnt fit the narrative of what we saw previously.

#JDI
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say point blank in Civil War that they were all holding back against one another to try and mitigate damage and not kill each other. It's evident that Cap and Spidey are toying with each other during the whole Brooklyn/Queens exchange.

Tony says if Cap wanted to take him out with ease, he could.

Note that you never see Spider-Man throw a punch in either film, he's always just trying to figure things out on the fly. Because he's a kid, with minimal combat experience. He struggles because he doesn't know the situations he's going into.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Bianconero

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

Lmaoooo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

I couldnt disagree more with this

This movie captured a Spiderman Comic to the fullest
devils1854

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
They say point blank in Civil War that they were all holding back against one another to try and mitigate damage and not kill each other. It's evident that Cap and Spidey are toying with each other during the whole Brooklyn/Queens exchange.

Tony says if Cap wanted to take him out with ease, he could.

Note that you never see Spider-Man throw a punch in either film, he's always just trying to figure things out on the fly. Because he's a kid, with minimal combat experience. He struggles because he doesn't know the situations he's going into.

I just went back through and watched the scenes in Civil War with Spider-Man.

The only line that gives any truth to what you say is at the beginning of the fight when Iron Man's team initial gets beat and he says "Plan was to go easy on them, want to switch it up?" After that its all out.

What did Spider-Man do during the fight?
-Catches a punch from Winter Soldier with one hand.
-Completely immobilized Winter Soldier and Falcon in the terminal
-Almost singlehandedly takes down Giant Man after he makes the Empire Strikes Back remark
-Cap does take him down, but Spider-Man does well in the beginning.

The Spider-Man in Civil War is nothing like the one we see in Homecoming which is supposed to take place 6 months later.

All this doesnt even take into account the other continuity issues that we see.

When Parker meets Stark for the first time, they are in a totally different apartment than in Homecoming. His bedroom is totally different, and Aunt May isnt dressed down like an old lady. She looks hot in Civil War.

We could also talk about the whole thing at the beginning that says the movie takes place 8 years after the first Avengers. That was in 2012. That would mean Homecoming takes place in 2020, which is wrong since it also says its 6 months after Civil War, which is in 2015.

#JDI
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of Peter's bumbles are involving civilians and getting in over his head in DEADLY situations. None of which is comparable to the fight in Civil War because there were no civilians and they were all good guys and no one was killing anyone in that fight.

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
RamRod

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:
We could also talk about the whole thing at the beginning that says the movie takes place 8 years after the first Avengers. That was in 2012. That would mean Homecoming takes place in 2020, which is wrong since it also says its 6 months after Civil War, which is in 2015.

Hasn't Kevin Feige said something like the movies don't take place in specific years and that the year the movies come out don't really reflect the year the movie takes place?
Bianconero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6lu5ov/the_marvel_cinematic_universe_timeline_with_new/

Read this, champ

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6lu5ov/the_marvel_cinematic_universe_timeline_with_new/

Read this, champ

In his defense, the MCU timeline is somewhere between mildly confusing and straight up stupid. Half the movies take place a few months to a year outside of when the movie is actually released. Which never really mattered or actually got mentioned in the movies until this year with GOTG and Spiderman, where the dates shown on screen expressly mentioned it, and I think it's understandable that people then became slightly confused. For instance, Iron Man 2, Hulk, and Thor, all happen in a single week, but it never mattered to the plot and never got mentioned in the movies, so most viewers presumably just imagined they happened in release order with similar distance between them. I got caught mentally trying to do the math when the 8 years message popped up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definitely did enjoy the movie. Some of the humor was on point. I liked quite a few of the characters. And I liked it having the friendly neighborhood spiderman vibe, for most of it.

They did go too far with making him incompetent, though. There's being naive and inexperienced, but they took it to a point where it seems like he's not incredibly intelligent or doesn't have superhuman reaction time or he doesn't know how to use his powers. The Iron Man AI didn't help that, at times, either. Him struggling with the suit was fine, him struggling with Vulture was fine, but there should've been some scenes with him easily handling some of the more basic thugs he went up against. Struggling against the bank robbers and arms dealers isn't something Spiderman, even at this point, would do. I get that the Civil War fights weren't entirely legit, but that was still a much more competent Spiderman than we got for the majority of this movie. If this movie had been set before Civil War, I would've been more fine with it. But it feels like they wanted to be able to show off Spidey in Civil War while still getting to start from scratch here, and it just didn't feel right, to me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought this movie was fantastic and honestly it's probably one of my favorite Marvel movies to come out. I thought the humor was great and kind of liked the whole "learning to be a superhero" vibe. I haven't read any of the comics so if there were any deviations or changes I didn't notice or care. I thought Michael Keaton was phenomenal as Vulture and it was kind of cool having a villain who wasn't flat out crazy.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice … is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
devils1854

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bianconero wrote:
devils1854 wrote:

Read this, champ

Only problem with that is that they just assume Avengers was in 2010. There is no evidence for it.

Before we go through the looking glass, let’s first get everyone on the same page in regards to the accepted timeline.

http://screenrant.com/spider-man-homecoming-mcu-timeline-plot-hole-2020/2/

Quote:
Phase 1 was pretty much made up as it unfolded and the in-universe flow reflects this. You have Iron Man, then a year later in movie time Iron Man 2, which due to various easter eggs is also set in the same week as The Incredible Hulk and Thor. This was all retconned to have the first film in 2010 and “Fury’s Big Week” happening in 2011, with Cap’s defrosting in the present day bookends of The First Avenger occurring in 2012 ahead of The Avengers that same year. Complicated, but clearly placing the team-up provided a neat baseline going forward.

#JDI
KManX89

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

devils1854 wrote:

So you're saying it's on the level of Thor: the Dark World, Iron Man 2 & 3, and Captain America: the First Avenger? I don't think so.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't a bad movie by any means, but I found it pretty forgettable. At times, I felt like I was watching a Disney movie. I get it, he was barely a high schooler, and they really wanted to implement a young Spiderman. I just thought they completely failed to draw the line where they should have catered to both a young and older audience. And I find an issue with that, being Spiderman is part of the Avengers, and the tone of those movie have been exactly that and the Marvel universe has done a pretty good job executing that up to this point. Some of the dialogue and sequences with the teenagers bordered 8-11 year old audiences.

I also wasn't a fan of the CGI, specifically pertaining to Spiderman. He looked extremely awkward and his movement speeds were completely offsetting. I just felt it was butchered overall.

The production team seems to have missed a major nostalgic component of Spiderman too. Just having scenes of him exploring the city and getting angles from vantage points only he can access. They could have added a lot to the cinematography with that and scenes like that go a long way in character development (alone time, learning who he was, observing the place he grew up in and loves etc...).

I'm all for diversity but it literally seems they threw darts at actors to play all the fictional characters in the movie. I mean, Flash....really...??

It's not a bad film and worth the watch, but I'd put it in the middle of the pack compared to the rest of the Marvel movies.

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
Page 41 of 43

Jump to: