Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cowboys#1's first 4 rounder! Be nice, cuz it's probably bad
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What grade do you give my entire mock, not just your own team
A
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
B
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
C
30%
 30%  [ 9 ]
D
6%
 6%  [ 2 ]
F
33%
 33%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 30

SychoSkin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the redksind will not take griffth , they just signed kenny wright and wroten still avaible will not happen
texansfan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys#1's first 4 rounder! Be nice, cuz it's probably Reply with quote

nickel wrote:
Cowboys#1 wrote:
I disagree. I'm from Texas and there is major talk that they (HOUSTON) draft OL with 5 of their first 7 picks
I'm from Texas too. What's your point?
I've walked restricted areas of Reliant Stadium. So what.

With respect, I think you're mistaken. Where is this "major talk" of Houston taking five OL in this draft? (Please don't say the bar or the water cooler at work.) It's no secret that the current coaching staff thinks they will get better production out of this group of O linemen. And the reason they've brought in some OL depth via free agency is specifically so they can address other areas of need in the draft.

My money says they'll draft one OL on the first day, but certainly not three. In case you haven't noticed, Houston has needs at FS, CB, ILB, and OLB.

Exactly. If Winston is there at the top of the 2nd, we'd jump all over him. He's a future star at the LT spot and would be a great addition.

Good mock aside from our 3rd rounders. A better mock would be:

1st: Reggie Bush
2nd: Eric Winston
3rd: Abdul Hodge
3rd: Martin Nance/Anthony Smith/Roman Harper
4th: Stanley Mcclover

In my opinion, we will draft Reggie Bush and then an OT, Safety and OG/WR/LB/CB/TE/DE with our other 3 first day selections. What order they are in will be determined by the BPA on the board at the time.
Steegles46

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys#1's first 4 rounder! Be nice, cuz it's probably Reply with quote

Cowboys#1 wrote:
14 14 Philadelphia - Chad Greenway, OLB, Iowa
13 45 Philadelphia - Jason Allen, DB, Tennessee
12 76 Philadelphia - John McCargo, DT, N.C. State
11 108 Philadelphia - Greg Jennings, WR, Western Michigan
19 116 Philadelphia (from Dallas) - Wali Lundy, RB, Virginia
30 127 Philadelphia (from Indianapolis) - Will Allen, OG, Texas

God bless you sir! Applause
This draft couldn't have worked out better. We get Greenway, Allen, McCargo and Jennings with our first four picks without having to trade anything. This is a dream come true. Dancing
Maverick41

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys#1's first 4 rounder! Be nice, cuz it's probably Reply with quote

nickel wrote:
Cowboys#1 wrote:
I disagree. I'm from Texas and there is major talk that they (HOUSTON) draft OL with 5 of their first 7 picks
I'm from Texas too. What's your point?
I've walked restricted areas of Reliant Stadium. So what.

With respect, I think you're mistaken. Where is this "major talk" of Houston taking five OL in this draft? (Please don't say the bar or the water cooler at work.) It's no secret that the current coaching staff thinks they will get better production out of this group of O linemen. And the reason they've brought in some OL depth via free agency is specifically so they can address other areas of need in the draft.

My money says they'll draft one OL on the first day, but certainly not three. In case you haven't noticed, Houston has needs at FS, CB, ILB, and OLB.

ESPN radio in Dallas talks a lot of Texans during the offseason and they said as much.

Thank you for the kind words Steegles

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:
Michael Floyd is on track for 13K yards this season

dude you don't know what K means
thedynasty

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the niners own the redskins third round pick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Cowboys#1's first 4 rounder! Be nice, cuz it's probably Reply with quote

Cowboys#1 wrote:
ESPN radio in Dallas talks a lot of Texans during the offseason and they said as much.
Well I guess they don't always take team needs and free agent signings into account. I could understand an initial "thought" of five O linemen based on previous Texans struggles. They just haven't looked as deep as you need to or haven't gotten good information.

Still a pretty good looking mock outside of the Texans.
Maverick41

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figure that if Houston drafts five OL than they're almost bound to hit on two of them, and that's what Houston really needs

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

nickel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys#1 wrote:
I figure that if Houston drafts five OL than they're almost bound to hit on two of them, and that's what Houston really needs
But Houston has needs elsewhere. How do you not acknowledge that? They simply cannot afford to draft that many O linemen. Period. In addition to OL, Houston could use:
-- Good ILB
-- Good OLB
-- Good FS
-- Good CB
-- Better TE
-- Better DE
-- 4th DT

If the Texans draft five O linemen in this draft, I'll drive up to Dallas and kiss your Jerry Jones lovin' Cowbay ace. But it ain't happen' -- not three on the first day, and not five overall.
jagz4life

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Jaguars mock... no real complaints here.
Maverick41

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nickel wrote:
Cowboys#1 wrote:
But Houston has needs elsewhere. How do you not acknowledge that? They simply cannot afford to draft that many O linemen. Period. In addition to OL, Houston could use:
-- Good ILB
-- Good OLB
-- Good FS
-- Good CB
-- Better TE
-- Better DE
-- 4th DT

If the Texans draft five O linemen in this draft, I'll drive up to Dallas and kiss your Jerry Jones lovin' Cowbay ace. But it ain't happen' -- not three on the first day, and not five overall.

I actually hate Jerry Jones.

I asked Texan fans what they needed and no one really gave me a lot of info, so I had to go with no help except the Dallas media

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

S. Taylor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Cedric Griffin, but with the signing of Kenny Wright, the best LB available is more likely.
Maverick41

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S. Taylor wrote:
I like Cedric Griffin, but with the signing of Kenny Wright, the best LB available is more likely.

I made this mock before the Wright signing after Blknite01 told me CB is where you guys would go in the 2nd

Jaguarfan wrote:
holeman1 wrote:

49er Faithful

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pretty good but remember the NINERS have the redskins 3rd rounder, they got it in that Lloyd trade. Make sure u get the order right. I like the Hester pick in the 4th Smile

Last edited by 49er Faithful on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
nickel

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cowboys#1 wrote:
I actually hate Jerry Jones.

Good man. I freaking grew up in Dallas, and eventually threw my hands up because of all the crap Jones pulls. I can't root for his team -- his ego.

Cowboys#1 wrote:
I asked Texan fans what they needed and no one really gave me a lot of info, so I had to go with no help except the Dallas media
Gotcha.

Unrelated, Ced Griffin may be falling on some teams draft boards -- and not because of anything that happens on the field.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: