You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Wolf6151...2016 mock draft.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:28 pm    Post subject: Wolf6151...2016 mock draft. Reply with quote

This was harder than expected with only 6 draft picks and so many needs, priorities and tough choices will have to made, but we need a lot of help on offense. I used CBS current rankings and my own judgment.

1. Carson Wentz-QB, I know others believe that he'll go higher but he's currently ranked in our range at pick #22. It will be a big jump from FCS to the NFL but this guy has all the tools you look for. I really like his quick release, arm strength, accuracy, and athleticism. I've seen limited film but I really liked what I saw. He needs work on staring down his WR's though, but that's fixable. I think he sits for half of 2016 behind Hoyer and then gets some playing time after the bye week depending on how Hoyer is playing at the time.

2. Alex Collins-RB, I'm a strong believer that good RB's can be found in later rounds but this pick will be a starter. Foster will not be back and Blue, Grimes, Polk, or Hilliard are not the answer. Collins runs with authority, quick moves, and good burst of speed.

3. Kyle Murphy-OT, Duane Brown might not be back for the start of next season so between re-signing Chris Clark, who I thought played very well against Jacksonville and KC, and drafting Murphy we should have a starter at LT. Murphy might also compete for the starting spot at RT, maybe move Newton to LG. At the very least he offers high quality depth where we desperately need it.

4. Bralon Addison-WR, not the biggest guy, listed at 5'10", but he's got good hands, moves, and speeeeeeeed. We need team speeeeeeed. He can also handle PR/KR duties. This pick might take a little luck as he's listed as early 4th round though.

5. Dadi Nicolas-OLB, good size/length, speed, and quickness for the position but needs to add a little weight, currently listed at 236 lbs.. He's played DE and OLB at Va. Tech. and plays with his head up, good awareness and reactions. Nicolas should be faster better depth than Simon and offer us insurance against the next Clowney injury.

5b. D.J. Reader-NT, Wilfork might be gone and Nix was a bust. Reader has good positional size, good athleticism for such a big man, decent quickness, and strength.

I would have liked to have picked a Safety and a C/OG, but with limited picks....
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the first two picks obviously as evidence in my mock. Dont have a problem with the other picks. I agree with you in that we need speed. We need speed on both sides of the ball. Assuming we cant resign Brooks and Jones we might have to go OL earlier than expected. Overall good mock.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say I know a great deal about picks 3-6 but I think you have our needs covered.

Also like 1 & 2

ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, personally do like the selection of Wentz for us. Him, Savage and maybe Weeden? I'm fine with that.
ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Re: Wolf6151...2016 mock draft. Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
1. Carson Wentz

I think he sits for half of 2016 behind Hoyer and then gets some playing time after the bye week depending on how Hoyer is playing at the time.

Anyone who thinks Brian Hoyer should be on our roster beyond this point is mind blowing to me and if he is still this team's starting QB come Week 1 I will not be a happy camper.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolf6151...2016 mock draft. Reply with quote

ManInTheMirror wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
1. Carson Wentz

I think he sits for half of 2016 behind Hoyer and then gets some playing time after the bye week depending on how Hoyer is playing at the time.

Anyone who thinks Brian Hoyer should be on our roster beyond this point is mind blowing to me and if he is still this team's starting QB come Week 1 I will not be a happy camper.

I'm not saying he should be just that he probably will be. O'Brien likes him.
ManInTheMirror

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolf6151...2016 mock draft. Reply with quote

Wolf6151 wrote:
ManInTheMirror wrote:
Wolf6151 wrote:
1. Carson Wentz

I'm not saying he should be just that he probably will be. O'Brien likes him.

Fine but I am pretty certain of one thing O'Brien doesn't like and that's getting blown out in the first playoff game.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: