You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 3: Ask not JJ Watt, ask JJ Why (Texans @ Patriots on)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
NWE
72%
 72%  [ 13 ]
HOU
27%
 27%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 18

Starless

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Week 3: Ask not JJ Watt, ask JJ Why (Texans @ Patriots on) Reply with quote

Belichick deciding to live dangerously this week, with Jacoby Brissett being the only healthy QB on the roster and Julian Edelman presumably serving as his backup.

Meanwhile the Texans come into the game wearing figurative letterman jackets with their defense ranked #3 in the league, allowing an average of 13 points per game (but giving up 4.9 yards a pop on the ground).

Also, for what it's worth, Brissett, barring some miraculous recovery by Garoppolo, will become the first African-American QB ever to start a game for the Patriots.
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This game is right before my four day break at work so im stoked.

The defense is about to make some noise this game. Being home for this stretch is extremely helpful and depending on Gronk and Hightowers avaliablity will make the game change.

24-20 Patriots.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we win but I see this as an L.

Too many missing pieces. I don't want Gronk back this game either. I don't see Brisset having a good game against this Texans D and Brock has done well last two weeks.

I would much rather be conservative and get guys healthy for the Bills and stay ahead in the division.
DMG

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't be "conservative" this early in the season. We don't know how the AFC East race will look in the future. If Gronk, Polo, etc. can play, I better see them out there.

If we do lose, what happens if NYJ beat KC?

This can't possibly be an autocorrect for Asante Samuel.....
ChazStandard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted in the Week 2 GDT, with a few days to prepare I can see McDaniels putting together a gameplan that works well for a young QB. A lot of runs, a lot of screens, a lot misdirections and bootlegs with only 1 read.

Texans have a great pass-rushing DL, but against a 3rd string QB I can see them getting over-aggressive and biting hard on play-action and misdirection.

Hopkins and Fuller are going to be a big test for the CBs, who gave up a lot of yards to Parker/Landry yesterday.
2016 - Julian Edelman WR: Rec: 98 Yds: 1106 TD: 3
Starless

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMG wrote:
You can't be "conservative" this early in the season. We don't know how the AFC East race will look in the future. If Gronk, Polo, etc. can play, I better see them out there.

If you're looking at the standings this early in the season, you're doing it wrong.
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DMG wrote:

1-No one knows anyones injury status on the Patriots so stating its being conservative is just flat out incorrect. This team and the culture is one game at a time. Gronk has a hammy, Hightower has had knee issues for years and rushing Jimmy back would be a mistake as we need him to backup Tom when hes back.

2-If NYJ beat KC they beat KC. Its week 3 man its not even November yet.

Were good bro relax.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know the background of Edelman so I have to ask... when was the last time he played QB?

I don't wish injury on Brissett... but I would be really, really interested to see how that would turn out if he has to go in at QB.

Nacho Simulation Football League
VTPatsFan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
I really don't know the background of Edelman so I have to ask... when was the last time he played QB?

I don't wish injury on Brissett... but I would be really, really interested to see how that would turn out if he has to go in at QB.

College. He started at the College of San Mateo before transferring to Kent State where he was a 3-year starter. He was...not great as a passer; he had a 56% completion rate and 1820 yards in his senior (although he did lead the team in rushing with 1370 yards on 6.4 ypc).

So...that's probably the LAST thing the team wants, but I guess it's better than bringing someone in who doesn't know the system at all...maybe...
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
PoWww

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing they'll dress Jimmy as an emergency QB. Similar to what Pittsburgh has done in the past with Big Ben.

I'm excited to see Jacoby. For some reason, I think he's going to play well and we're going to win. Just a hunch.
TheKillerNacho

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deadpulse wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

I was aware of this. But with all due respect, a trick play is not the same as actually playing QB.

Nacho Simulation Football League
keysersoze3421

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like JJ Watt is the most unlikeable of the likeable NFL "stars."

animaltested wrote:
On a scale from Kitten to Hitler, being close minded about music, and only listening to one or two genres is about a Boss Tweed.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:
Deadpulse wrote:
TheKillerNacho wrote:

I was aware of this. But with all due respect, a trick play is not the same as actually playing QB.

Laughing I wasnt suggesting it was

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
GoldenboyGB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheKillerNacho wrote:

https://youtu.be/Sqr-fAkrcV8

Edit-in kent state which is a different competition level in itself but you can see why the Patriots didnt think of him as a seventh round pick more as a guy who needed to develop which thankfully he rewarded the team for being patient.

I honestly would probably make a bag of popcorn if he had to play QB as the offense would turn into an option read with him spamming Amendola lol.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: