You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 4: Send in the Clowns [BUF @ NE)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Winner?
Rex & Rob's Ridiculous Road Show
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
Boring Bill's Businesslike Bonanza
61%
 61%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 18

Author Message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 32062
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UniversalAuthor wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
UniversalAuthor wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
UniversalAuthor wrote:
I hope I never see Brissett on this field ever again, he sucks.


Little harsh given the circumstances, no?


No, he is pretty bad, I hope he is not the future, if so then the Pats are in trouble, I hate QB's that try to run, especially ones with horrible ball security, they need to keep Jimmy G.


He is bad in his 2nd full game as a starter as a raw prospect coming out of school against a good defense with everything else (D, ST, OL) working against him.

I understand being frustrated with today's result. I really don't understand the rash and reactionary "evaluations" of Brissett's ability.


He just reminds me of Josh Freeman. Terrible.


Not sure which is worse, calling a raw QB prospect forced into action against a good D "terrible" or then comparing him to a guy who, other than physical similarities, was quite different both as a prospect and as a pro.

He hasn't been good today. And he might suck going forward. But he's not even in the top 3 of problems today.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
terbo559


Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Posts: 3388
Location: California
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our defense is garbage, I knew last week was a fluke. Play calling on defense is too soft, this is why we cant stop the pass.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 32062
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
Can we exclude Cyrus Jones from the return game, please?


Yeah, that's clearly not working out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UniversalAuthor


Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Posts: 2272
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There had to be at least 20 penalties and 20 missed tackles, feel bad for the fans that paid to watch it live.
_________________

UniversalAuthor Signature Banners Click There
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 32062
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terbo559 wrote:
Our defense is garbage, I knew last week was a fluke. Play calling on defense is too soft, this is why we cant stop the pass.


What do you suggest they do differently on defense?

The pass D sucks because the interior DL is hot garbage in the pass game. Malcom Brown is badly miscast as a 3-technique and Branch is just a space eater.

Maybe once Ninkovich is back, they can kick Flowers or Sheard inside more often and that will help.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Starless


Joined: 05 Jan 2015
Posts: 11301
Location: The worst of all possible realities
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

terbo559 wrote:
Our defense is garbage, I knew last week was a fluke. Play calling on defense is too soft, this is why we cant stop the pass.
Let's be fair, a lot of that was just poor execution. The Bills got a TON of yards after contact in this game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 32062
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starless wrote:
terbo559 wrote:
Our defense is garbage, I knew last week was a fluke. Play calling on defense is too soft, this is why we cant stop the pass.
Let's be fair, a lot of that was just poor execution. The Bills got a TON of yards after contact in this game.


They were also getting wide open receivers on 2nd and long and 3rd down thanks to the lack of interior rush.

Sounds crazy after spending their last 2 1st round picks on DT, but they need to hit that position again in the spring and get someone who can actually penetrate.

Really wish they had been able to keep Akiem Hicks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
y*so*blu


Joined: 11 Aug 2011
Posts: 1498
Location: Valhalla, MN
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was spooky how they just seemed to give up at the end.

Well, that's a wrap. Insanity. Did not expect this to be the Pats' first-ever shutout at Gillette, and this will raise some question marks about Brissett. Personally I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. His team didn't do much to help him with all those penalties.

On the bright side, Brady will be back next week and the Patriots will be starving to move on from this game. I'd give New England a 99% chance of winning next week, with a 1% margin for error.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
logixn


Joined: 25 Sep 2016
Posts: 41
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next man up: Tom Brady
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 32062
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y*so*blu wrote:
It was spooky how they just seemed to give up at the end.

Well, that's a wrap. Insanity. Did not expect this to be the Pats' first-ever shutout at Gillette, and this will raise some question marks about Brissett. Personally I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. His team didn't do much to help him with all those penalties.

On the bright side, Brady will be back next week and the Patriots will be starving to move on from this game. I'd give New England a 99% chance of winning next week, with a 1% margin for error.


Any question marks against Brissett after today should have been the same question marks when he was drafted, when they were in camp and after last week.

The team around him played like trash. Not excusing the mistakes Brissett made, but he's getting way, way too much blame for this one. The gameplan was questionable on both sides of the ball. The penalties were awful. The stupidity by Cyrus Jones cost them crucial field position. The D couldn't tackle. The pass rush is outright bad. The normally great kicker missed a long but makeable FG. The refs were out of position on a crucial play

It's tough to win with any QB when nothing goes right for you anywhere else.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UniversalAuthor


Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Posts: 2272
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
y*so*blu wrote:
It was spooky how they just seemed to give up at the end.

Well, that's a wrap. Insanity. Did not expect this to be the Pats' first-ever shutout at Gillette, and this will raise some question marks about Brissett. Personally I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. His team didn't do much to help him with all those penalties.

On the bright side, Brady will be back next week and the Patriots will be starving to move on from this game. I'd give New England a 99% chance of winning next week, with a 1% margin for error.


Any question marks against Brissett after today should have been the same question marks when he was drafted, when they were in camp and after last week.

The team around him played like trash. Not excusing the mistakes Brissett made, but he's getting way, way too much blame for this one. The gameplan was questionable on both sides of the ball. The penalties were awful. The stupidity by Cyrus Jones cost them crucial field position. The D couldn't tackle. The pass rush is outright bad. The normally great kicker missed a long but makeable FG. The refs were out of position on a crucial play

It's tough to win with any QB when nothing goes right for you anywhere else.


You know and I know if Brady or a healthy Jimmy was in, would have been a different game, Brissett couldn't make the plays to get the ball in the endzone, even the defense still kept the game in reach even though they were terrible too. It may not be fair to say he sucks after 2 games, but as of now, it's the truth.
_________________

UniversalAuthor Signature Banners Click There
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lancerman


Joined: 06 Feb 2011
Posts: 8685
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UniversalAuthor wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
y*so*blu wrote:
It was spooky how they just seemed to give up at the end.

Well, that's a wrap. Insanity. Did not expect this to be the Pats' first-ever shutout at Gillette, and this will raise some question marks about Brissett. Personally I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. His team didn't do much to help him with all those penalties.

On the bright side, Brady will be back next week and the Patriots will be starving to move on from this game. I'd give New England a 99% chance of winning next week, with a 1% margin for error.


Any question marks against Brissett after today should have been the same question marks when he was drafted, when they were in camp and after last week.

The team around him played like trash. Not excusing the mistakes Brissett made, but he's getting way, way too much blame for this one. The gameplan was questionable on both sides of the ball. The penalties were awful. The stupidity by Cyrus Jones cost them crucial field position. The D couldn't tackle. The pass rush is outright bad. The normally great kicker missed a long but makeable FG. The refs were out of position on a crucial play

It's tough to win with any QB when nothing goes right for you anywhere else.


You know and I know if Brady or a healthy Jimmy was in, would have been a different game, Brissett couldn't make the plays to get the ball in the endzone, even the defense still kept the game in reach even though they were terrible too. It may not be fair to say he sucks after 2 games, but as of now, it's the truth.


Brissett also had an injury on his throwing hand.

And not for nothing, the offense was far from the only problem with the game. The defense couldn't stop Shady, put no pressure on Taylor, and was getting murdered on the pass. Special teams had the whole game on a bad foot with crap field positioning from the beginning. Gostowski missed a field goal.

The coaching lacked.

And back on offense, Jacoby was getting mauled by the pass rush.

Garrapolo would have struggled with similar circumstances. Brady probably would have made up the difference to keep it competitive. But that's Brady.

As far as I'm concerned, Bennet's the only player who played a winning game.
_________________
Signature
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mcmurtry86


Joined: 02 Mar 2010
Posts: 32062
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UniversalAuthor wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
y*so*blu wrote:
It was spooky how they just seemed to give up at the end.

Well, that's a wrap. Insanity. Did not expect this to be the Pats' first-ever shutout at Gillette, and this will raise some question marks about Brissett. Personally I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. His team didn't do much to help him with all those penalties.

On the bright side, Brady will be back next week and the Patriots will be starving to move on from this game. I'd give New England a 99% chance of winning next week, with a 1% margin for error.


Any question marks against Brissett after today should have been the same question marks when he was drafted, when they were in camp and after last week.

The team around him played like trash. Not excusing the mistakes Brissett made, but he's getting way, way too much blame for this one. The gameplan was questionable on both sides of the ball. The penalties were awful. The stupidity by Cyrus Jones cost them crucial field position. The D couldn't tackle. The pass rush is outright bad. The normally great kicker missed a long but makeable FG. The refs were out of position on a crucial play

It's tough to win with any QB when nothing goes right for you anywhere else.


You know and I know if Brady or a healthy Jimmy was in, would have been a different game, Brissett couldn't make the plays to get the ball in the endzone, even the defense still kept the game in reach even though they were terrible too. It may not be fair to say he sucks after 2 games, but as of now, it's the truth.


You and I have both been fans long enough (surely in my case, presumably in yours) to know that Brady has looked terrible at times and has lost games when the rest of the team has stunk around him.

Did Brissett play well? No. He played like you'd expect an overwhelmed rookie QB to play. Categorically saying he sucks is almost as laughable as people anointing Garoppolo as a franchise QB after 5 quarters of play.

People are so spoiled by Brady that a mediocre/below average QB performance is apparently enough to get a guy banished forever (i.e. the "he sucks", "extend Garoppolo", "hope we never see him again" nonsense).

Next time Brady struggles because the OL plays like crap, the team takes crippling penalties and the D can't get off the field, hopefully everyone starts saying he, too, sucks.

Any judgment of Brissett beyond "he's raw, still needs work" based on today's game is clearly reactionary and not based on any actual facts. Just like the "Brady is done" garbage 2 years ago was reactionary and not based on actual facts.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UniversalAuthor


Joined: 31 Dec 2013
Posts: 2272
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmurtry86 wrote:
UniversalAuthor wrote:
mcmurtry86 wrote:
y*so*blu wrote:
It was spooky how they just seemed to give up at the end.

Well, that's a wrap. Insanity. Did not expect this to be the Pats' first-ever shutout at Gillette, and this will raise some question marks about Brissett. Personally I'm inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt. His team didn't do much to help him with all those penalties.

On the bright side, Brady will be back next week and the Patriots will be starving to move on from this game. I'd give New England a 99% chance of winning next week, with a 1% margin for error.


Any question marks against Brissett after today should have been the same question marks when he was drafted, when they were in camp and after last week.

The team around him played like trash. Not excusing the mistakes Brissett made, but he's getting way, way too much blame for this one. The gameplan was questionable on both sides of the ball. The penalties were awful. The stupidity by Cyrus Jones cost them crucial field position. The D couldn't tackle. The pass rush is outright bad. The normally great kicker missed a long but makeable FG. The refs were out of position on a crucial play

It's tough to win with any QB when nothing goes right for you anywhere else.


You know and I know if Brady or a healthy Jimmy was in, would have been a different game, Brissett couldn't make the plays to get the ball in the endzone, even the defense still kept the game in reach even though they were terrible too. It may not be fair to say he sucks after 2 games, but as of now, it's the truth.


You and I have both been fans long enough (surely in my case, presumably in yours) to know that Brady has looked terrible at times and has lost games when the rest of the team has stunk around him.

Did Brissett play well? No. He played like you'd expect an overwhelmed rookie QB to play. Categorically saying he sucks is almost as laughable as people anointing Garoppolo as a franchise QB after 5 quarters of play.

People are so spoiled by Brady that a mediocre/below average QB performance is apparently enough to get a guy banished forever (i.e. the "he sucks", "extend Garoppolo", "hope we never see him again" nonsense).

Next time Brady struggles because the OL plays like crap, the team takes crippling penalties and the D can't get off the field, hopefully everyone starts saying he, too, sucks.

Any judgment of Brissett beyond "he's raw, still needs work" based on today's game is clearly reactionary and not based on any actual facts. Just like the "Brady is done" garbage 2 years ago was reactionary and not based on actual facts.


Well obviously if the O-Line sucks no QB will succeed but the O-Line played OK, Brissett not so much, he held the ball too long and missed some key throws, not to mention his lack of ball security. He sucks right now and yes he needs all the work and practice he can get, that being said he's not the QB I want to see under center after Brady retires.
_________________

UniversalAuthor Signature Banners Click There
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Hunter2_1


Joined: 24 Mar 2014
Posts: 3400
Location: Auld England
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just realised, my man love for Brady has increased another notch. I wasn't aware that was possible. Just visualise him - about to take the snap yelling "ALPHA" next week. Cool


What I'd like to know, is with 2 days we put together a great gameplan on attack, and were excellent on defense against Houston - but with 9 days or so - we look utterly clueless on both sides, plus ST.
_________________
Undisputed best looking team in the League
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New England Patriots All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group