Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RedandGolds Super 2nd rounder
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should I do a 3rd round?
Yes because the 1st 2 were great
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
No... Get the 1st 2 rounds right then try
50%
 50%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 14

RedandGold

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: RedandGolds Super 2nd rounder Reply with quote

1. Houston Texans
Reggie Bush RB USC
If Houston keeps the pick its pretty obvious that they will in fact take Bush. Bush is an all around playmaker that can run catch and block much like Faulk. Versitility will be the key.
Its gonna tae quite an offer to get teh Texans to trade.

2. New Orleans Saints
D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT Virginia
If the Saints stay it looks like D'Brick gets the call it looks like hes gonna anchor the offensive line for quite some time. Other possibilities here are trade down, Leinart or Hawk.

3. Tennessee Titans
Matt Leinart QB USC
Norm Chow and Matt Leinart reunited again. Especially with things involving McNair's contract, age, injury, cap number and now thrown out of the gym incident. Any way ya look at it hes not gonna stick around much longer and a franchise QB is the call

4. New York Jets
A.J. Hawk OLB Ohio State
Shawn Ellis and Bryan Thomas are already starting at DE so taking Williams might not be the best choice. Bigger need is OLB and many feel Hawk is the best defensive player in the entire draft.

5. Green Bay Packers
Mario Williams DE North Carolina State
Packers start their rebuilding process on defense but get an awesome prospect in Williams. Often described as the 2nd coming of Peppes hes big and extremely fast (4.6 40) Strong enough to play both pass and run the Packers jump at the opportunity to add a player of his caliber.

6. San Francisco 49ers
Vernon Davis TE Maryland
San Fran needs playmakers all over the board. Smith had a rough rookie year as the 9ers start revamping both sides of the team... Davis is the fastest TE to ever show up at the combine....Big and running a 4.3 40 is gonna force defenses to commit a CB to him.

7. Oakland Raiders
Vince Young QB Texas
Brooks is on a short term contract and the other QBs havent stepped up and proven themselves. Young has all the qualities ya want in an NFL QB. Height, arm strength, accuracy, mobility etc.

8. Buffalo Bills
Haloti Ngata DT Oregon
Bills get their run stuffing defensive lineman here. They can address offensive line needs a little later on. Ngata will be an instant starter and a force on the field as the Bills look to shut down the run.

9. Detroit Lions
Michael Huff CB/S Texas
If Huff does fall this far Detroit will be quick to grab him. Huff is a true playmaker and can play either CB or S. Extremely fast and a very solid hitter.

10. Arizona Cardinals
Jay Cutler QB Vanderbilt
Tough call here but with Huff and Davis off the board the Cards move on to their next need QB.... OK Cards fans don't rip on it too much considering Warner is 35 and injury prone. Not to mention McCown is now in Detroit leavin very little depth and no other potential starters.

11. St. Louis Rams
Manny Lawson OLB/DE North Carolina State
Sims is a nice prospect but right now the Rams need someone that can play the strong side and Sims only plays the weak side. Lawson holds well against the runa nd is a top notch pass rusher. Other possibilities are Cutler, trade down, Hill.

12. Cleveland Browns
Broderick Bunkley DT Florida State
Bunkley is a talent and can collapse the pocket from the inside. Big enough to play NT and fast enough to play DE he will be an instant force ont he field.

13. Baltimore Ravens
Winston Justice OT USC
Interior or the line still needs work but at least the Ravens now have bookend OTs.

14. Philadelphia Eagles
Ernie Sims OLB Florida State
Sims will make plays sideline to sideline and become an immediate starter for the Eagles. Other needs like OLine and RB can be addressed later on in the draft.

15. Denver Broncos
Chad Jackson WR Florida
Broncos are preparing for life after Rod Smith retires and get excellent value here. Jackson has both size and speed to make DBs take notice.

16. Miami Dolphins
Tye Hill CB Clemson
Ok Fins fans I want ya all to know I went to your draft page and looked around....Seems many of ya want Lawson but hes gone...after that I couldnt find a consensus person or even position for that matter. Secondary depth seems pretty thin even witht he signing of Allen. Please feel free to put in actual input here...not the simple I hate this pick....name a player thats still on the board.

17. Minnesota Vikings
Chad Greenway OLB Iowa
Vikes finally solve their problem at OLB with Greenway... He's a high motor player and I've often seen it written hes an extra coach on the field. He didnt test well at the combine which is why hes available here.

18. Dallas Cowboys
Jimmy Williams CB/S Virginia Tech
Offensive line needs an upgrade very badly but Williams has great value and potential to play CB or S and will really strengthen the secondary.

19. San Diego Chargers
Eric Winston OT Miami
The Chargers can go alot of different ways with this pick WR S CB OLB etc but Offensive line has been a need for the past 5 years. Finally Marty gives in and goes offense for a change.

20. Kansas City Chiefs
Antonio Cromartie CB Florida State
Number 1 priority for the Chiefs is CB nd to thier good fortune there are several good ones in this years draft. Sure they could consider DE here but that will have to wait till round 2.

21. New England Patriots
DeAngelo Williams RB Memphis
With Whites poor workout it seems Williams is the 2nd best RB int he draft at the moment and with Dillon aging and injury prone, Williams can start sharing time immediately this year and take over next.

22. Denver Broncos
Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College
Broncos fans should love this pick because Kiwi is a top notch DE and possibly the BPA left in the draft. Losing Pryce hurts but Kiwi will start filling that void .

23. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Marcus McNeill OT Auburn
An instant upgrade on the offensive line and former teammate of Caddy. Gruden loves offense and although the Line played surprisingly well last year, theres a lot of room for improvement.

24. Cincinnati Bengals
Jason Allen CB/S Tennseese
Bengals shore up their secondary by taking Allen....I'll be the 1st to say I'm not as high on Allen as some but it seems like alot of Bengals fans love this pick so Allen gets the nod.

25. New York Giants
Santonio Holmes WR Ohio State
Giants did so well in FA that they can afford to make this pick. Holmes will pair very nicely with Plexico and give yet another target to Eli. Yes yes I know OLB is a very realistic possibility but value says take Holmes.

26. Chicago Bears
Leonard Pope TE Georgia
The Bears havent had a solid TE ina very long time and Pope is a Big target at 6'7". Rex will love a safety valve at that size.

27. Carolina Panthers
Gabe Watson DT Michign
Age and injury force this pick as the Panthers look to get stronger in the middle.

28. Jacksonville Jaguars
Laurance Maroney RB Minnesota
Finally there is a potential successor to Fred Taylor. Fragile Fred cant stay healthy for more then 6 games at a time and the Jags need soemone they can count on. And best of all Maroney had no significant injuries in his college career.

29. New York Jets
Max Jean-Gilles OG Georgia
OTs are pretty similiar at thsi point but the Jets can take the best OG off the Board to help their offensive line.

30. Indianapolis Colts
LenDale White RB USC
The poor pro day really dropped White badly... some say not motivated blah blah blah but I have no doubt between seeing White play at USC and Dungy's coaching ability that White can be an immediate top back in the league. Besides after White theres a significant drop off in talent and Cots number 1 need is RB.

31.Seattle Seahawks
Davin Joseph OG Oklahoma
OG is the Top priority especially after losing Hutchinson. If Alexander wants another rushing title the Interior of the line needs help in a big way....Especially with Hutchinson gone and Gray at 35 years old. So I say the Hawks have no choice but to make a little reach here.

32. Pittsburgh Steelers
Sinorice Moss WR Miami
Steelers never really replaced Plex and Randle El left via FA so another receiver to go with Ward is a must. Moss is alot like Randle El in the way hes used...Small but extremely quick.

Round 2
33. Houston Texans
Jon Scott OT Texas
Texans must get their offensive line in order or Carr is gonna set yet another record for being sacked.

34. New Orleans Saints
D'Qwell Jackson ILB Maryland
If thers one thing the Saints need its LBs int he worst way and they get the top ILB right here at the top of the 2nd.

35. New York Jets
Nick Mangold OC Ohio State
Jets go offensive line again here as they add some strength to the interior.

36. Green Bay Packers
Claude Wroten DT LSU
Wroten and Williams will give a whole new look to the Green Bay defense...if this keeps up they will have to think of a cool niickname for it.

37. San Francisco 49ers
Ko Simpson FS South Carolina
Simpson will combine with Parrish and become an immediate force in th secondary.... Simpson is a ballhawk and will improve the 32nd vs the pass team.

38. Oakland Raiders
Tamba Hali DE Penn State
Grand Larceny right here but the Raiders wont mind at all. They got their QB of the future in round 1 and now some help on defense in round 2.

39. Tennessee Titans
DeMarco Ryans OLB Alabama
Titans are in full swing rebuilding mode as they shore up the OLB position. Future is starting to look bright.

40. Detroit Lions
Abdul Hodge ILB Iowa
Huff and Hodge will change the way people view the Detroit Defense.

41. Arizona Cardinals
Donte Whitner FS Ohio State
Cards get a top notch safety to pair with last years picks. Cards have been drafting strong since Denny Green took over so look for more of the same.

42. Buffalo Bills
Daryn College OT Boise State
A bodygaurd for whoever the starting quarterback is

43. Cleveland Browns
Bobby Carpenter OLB Ohio State
Getting Carpenter here is a steal especially when ya consider his pass rushign abilities

44. Baltimore Ravens
Charles Spencer OG Pittsburgh
Spencer is a mauler and will fight to open holes for the Ravens.

45. Philadelphia Eagles
Joseph Addai RB LSU
After watching last season its very obvious that RB is one of the top priorities in this years draft...No team should be forced to throw 40 times per game...not to mention Westbrook is too small to go between the tackles andhis size makes him an injury risk....Moats is a career back up at best.

46. St. Louis Rams
Ashton Youboty CB Ohio State
Lawson in the 1st and Youboty here is gonna really help a poor defense.

47. Atlanta Falcons
Jonathon Joseph CB South Carolina
Joseph could be long gone by this point and some drafts even have him sneaking into round 1...With blazing 4.3 speed, Atlanta wouldnt think twice about takign him giving the Falcons 2 of the fastest CBs in the league.

48. Minnesota Vikings
Darnell Bing SS USC
Exccellent value pick and fills the void left by Chavous.

49. Dallas Cowboys
Jeremy Trueblood OT Boston College
The O line was abused last year.

50. San Diego Chargers
Daniel Bullocks S Nebraska
Toss up between WR and S but i see better value at S.

51. Minnesota Vikings
Brodie Croyle QB Alabama
Dante is gone and Johnson is a short term solution...Cryole is a classic pocket passer with potential.

52. New England Patriots
Demario Minter CB Georgia
Even with the signing or Warfield the Pats are still thin with their aging and injury prone secondary.

53. Washington Redskins
Darryl Tapp DE Va Tech
Skins should go either DE or TE os its Tapp or Lewis I'm giving a slight edge to Tapp for now.

54. Kansas City Chiefs
Kamerion Wimbley OLB/DE Flordia State
Unfortunately for Wimbley tweeners usually fall a little since they have to learn a new position and arent usually as productive in their 1st year. Herm wont mind though.

55. Cincinnati Bengals
Mercedes Lewis TE UCLA
TE is a need and having taken care of their secondary in round 1 all thats left to improve is the front 4.

56. New York Giants
Thomas Howard OLB UTEP
Giants were able to make the 1st round pick because talent at OLB is good in this years draft crop and they get an OLB that can make plays sideline to sideline.

57. Chicago Bears
Kelly Jennings CB Miami
With Pope in the 1st now the Bears continue to add talent to the top defense.

58. Carolina Panthers
Roger McIntosh OLB Miami
Witherspoon is gone and someoen needs to come in and play the weak side....McIntosh is a very fast OLB with great instincts.

59. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Elvis Dumervil DE Lousiville
I dont expect Rice to be in Tampa after next year

60. Jacksonville Jaguars
Richard Marshall CB Fresno State
Marshall has been flying up draft boards as of late and now is considered a solid 2nd rounder...has the tools and the speed to succeed.

61. Denver Broncos
Bernard Pollard S Purdue
Pollard is often regaurded as a young John Lynch...who better to learn from?

62. Indianapolis Colts
Jon Alston OLB Stanford
A.J.Nicholson probably is a better LB but Alston doesnt have the character issues so Tony plays it safe.

63. Seattle Seahawks
Orien Harris DT Miami
Current DTs on rotation are mediocre at best.

64. Pittsburgh Steelers
Ray Edwards DE Purdue
Kimo is gone and his replacement is picked here

Last edited by RedandGold on Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:41 pm; edited 5 times in total
The Gmen10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow one of the best if not the best giants mock ive ever seen
Applause
RavensWin520

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens will not pass on Winston Justice. They loved him at the USC Pro Day.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad Vikings draft but i would rather have Sims rather than Greenway.
RedandGold

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sims was gone already to Philly or he would have been yours
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Vikings picks. I wonder a little about Croyle durabilitly, but you hit on needs with each pick.

Danish49ers

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't see the 9ers picking Ko Simpson ahead of Bobby Carpenter or Donte Whitner.
LIEY8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a huge fan of the Cowboys draft.

Life Goes On
JuggaLotus

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Re: RedandGolds Super 2nd rounder Reply with quote

RedandGold wrote:

63. Seattle Seahawks
Orien Harris DT Miami
Current DTs on rotation are mediocre at best.

Uh our starting DTs led the NFL in sacks for starters on a team, we also have great depth. Also on our first, you say Gray is 35, but he is our back up now so who cares?

Red Bryant-9 tack, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 FF, 2 FR, 3 qb Hits
magscivic

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

give the Rams Mercedes Lewis in the 2nd and you almost have a perfect first two rounds for the Rams.

fansincela wrote:
RamsFan101 wrote:
If the Rams select Bradford I'll jump off a very high building

I'll be right next to you. Suh is a rare talent
Pacman=future

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good titans draft

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well since you obviously have no clue. I will now inform you on Eagles needs.

Priority needs:
Defensive Tackle
Strongside Linebacker
Offensive Guard

secondary needs:
Back up MLB
Kick returner/punt returner
Deep threat WR
Fullback
Offensive Tackle
5th Defensive End
Third String Quarter Back
Running Back

Now both of your Eagles picks suck. Ernie Sims is a weakside linebacker and is too small to play strongside for us. We don't need a weakside linebacker.

Also I see you are still stubborn about a runningback to the Eagles. I don't know why you won't listen to a fan of the team like you know more than me. When you clearly don't if you think Andy Reid will ever select a running back in the second round.

We were not forced to throw that many times, Andy Reid wanted to throw that many times. He is just a horrible play caller it was never because we needed a running back.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Small d = pastry
Rams_Trojans_#1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ABSOLUTLY LOVE the rams draft, lewis is ok byrd n the 3rd, would be nice too but i like it.

I Bleed Cardnial n Gold on Saturdays & Blue n Gold on Sundays!

Rey Malaluga, Brian Cushing, and Taylor Mays want to be rams in next years draft (They told me)
immuhguy10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya the DT for seattle in the 2nd is awful and the explantion is RIDICULOUS!

Props to Kempes on the sig.
socalsaints

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would much rather see the Saints take the local boy DeMeco Ryans in the 2nd, but I would not lose much sleep if D'Qwell was the pick.

DeMeco is just going to be a better player IMO.

Thanks to Broncos_Baby for the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: