You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode VIII)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Random, but why does Dagobah have earth like creatures like snakes and lizards?

Legit question. Its been bothering me
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HorizontoZenith


Joined: 03 Mar 2016
Posts: 5911
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Random, but why does Dagobah have earth like creatures like snakes and lizards?

Legit question. Its been bothering me

Because they couldn't afford CGI back then and wanted to represent an exotic, tropical type of ecosystem. That's something completely stupid to be bothered about. Also, iguanas probably weren't anywhere near as popular as a pet in the 70's, when Empire Strikes Back was filmed.

Edit: I mean, seriously. You're talking about a galaxy where there are humans and where the humans speak English and you're bothered by a few iguanas and pythons showing up in Dagaba in a movie released in 1980?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12777
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
Random, but why does Dagobah have earth like creatures like snakes and lizards?

Legit question. Its been bothering me


Bro, those are snaekes and lyzards, not our earth variety reptiles.
_________________
Bednarik60 wrote:
Also you should get the ban hammer for being against Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawerence gifs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thrILL!


Joined: 28 Feb 2007
Posts: 23622
Location: Los Angeles CA
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Ep VII, Maz tells Rey about Luke's lightsaber and how it was Anakin's before him. Obviously that means it's the lightsaber Luke lost when Vader severed his hand in Cloud City. I'm looking fwd to seeing how the lightsaber was recovered. Did Luke double back for it after Ep VI? Did one of Lando's ppl recover it?
_________________


ROLL TIDE ROLL

GRINDIN' wrote:
No more late night Boggle with Paul Giamatti.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 17840
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
In Ep VII, Maz tells Rey about Luke's lightsaber and how it was Anakin's before him. Obviously that means it's the lightsaber Luke lost when Vader severed his hand in Cloud City. I'm looking fwd to seeing how the lightsaber was recovered. Did Luke double back for it after Ep VI? Did one of Lando's ppl recover it?


I'd have to imagine someone in Cloud City is the one who found it. Given that the city is still under the control of the Empire after the events of ESB either it made it's way back to the higher ups or some lowly maintenance dude sold it on the black market.

Unless they pull the old "the force guided it this way" card for whatever story they wanted to push.

If it is going to be a relevant point, a real cool sequence before the title crawl could be how it was discovered leading to a dramatic conclusion and then BAM, the star wars splash and music then the title crawl. It'll never happen because they won't deviate from the A Long Time Ago in a Galaxy Far, Far Away.... opening. At least not in the main trilogies (and yes, I expect more after Ep 9).
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pastor Dillon


Joined: 12 Jan 2007
Posts: 17039
Location: Melbourne, Arkansas
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They really need to do a trilogy about the formation of the Jedi and Sith orders, a war between the two and the Jedi ultimately winning and the Sith rule of 2 being established.
_________________

^S/o to El Ramster for the amazing sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12777
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
In Ep VII, Maz tells Rey about Luke's lightsaber and how it was Anakin's before him. Obviously that means it's the lightsaber Luke lost when Vader severed his hand in Cloud City. I'm looking fwd to seeing how the lightsaber was recovered. Did Luke double back for it after Ep VI? Did one of Lando's ppl recover it?


I dismissed this as plot convenience. Not sure the writers feel the needs to explain anything. Just like they didn't feel the need to explain how the First Order was so powerful and wealthy.
_________________
Bednarik60 wrote:
Also you should get the ban hammer for being against Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawerence gifs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OleXmad


Joined: 09 Jan 2017
Posts: 601
Location: Baltimore, Maryland.
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
In Ep VII, Maz tells Rey about Luke's lightsaber and how it was Anakin's before him. Obviously that means it's the lightsaber Luke lost when Vader severed his hand in Cloud City. I'm looking fwd to seeing how the lightsaber was recovered. Did Luke double back for it after Ep VI? Did one of Lando's ppl recover it?


I dismissed this as plot convenience. Not sure the writers feel the needs to explain anything. Just like they didn't feel the need to explain how the First Order was so powerful and wealthy.


They had 25+ years to build an army in the unknown regions of space unchecked by the new republic government, The movie didn't cover it but that's what the books are for.
_________________
I'm not an honest person, I'm just 50 honest hamsters in a trench coat that learned to type.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tyty


Joined: 05 Sep 2015
Posts: 5469
Location: do what you want ea I'm not your mother
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL! wrote:
In Ep VII, Maz tells Rey about Luke's lightsaber and how it was Anakin's before him. Obviously that means it's the lightsaber Luke lost when Vader severed his hand in Cloud City. I'm looking fwd to seeing how the lightsaber was recovered. Did Luke double back for it after Ep VI? Did one of Lando's ppl recover it?


Eh his reaction at the end of 7 kinda seemed to say he hadn't seen it for a long time.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cddolphin


Joined: 23 Mar 2009
Posts: 12777
Location: Florida
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OleXmad wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
In Ep VII, Maz tells Rey about Luke's lightsaber and how it was Anakin's before him. Obviously that means it's the lightsaber Luke lost when Vader severed his hand in Cloud City. I'm looking fwd to seeing how the lightsaber was recovered. Did Luke double back for it after Ep VI? Did one of Lando's ppl recover it?


I dismissed this as plot convenience. Not sure the writers feel the needs to explain anything. Just like they didn't feel the need to explain how the First Order was so powerful and wealthy.


They had 25+ years to build an army in the unknown regions of space unchecked by the new republic government, The movie didn't cover it but that's what the books are for.


Would've been nice to at least briefly touch on in the movie.

They had a terribly written cringey scene where they talked about the "bigger death star" ("How do we blow it up? There's always a way to blow it up.") Rolling Eyes , but they didn't address how since the end of the last movie the Republic vs Empire/First Order dynamic changed.

I get that a lot of fans hated the "space politics" of the prequel trilogy, but they glossed over these details entirely in VII.
_________________
Bednarik60 wrote:
Also you should get the ban hammer for being against Kate Upton and Jennifer Lawerence gifs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
OleXmad


Joined: 09 Jan 2017
Posts: 601
Location: Baltimore, Maryland.
PostPosted: Wed May 03, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cddolphin wrote:
OleXmad wrote:
cddolphin wrote:
thrILL! wrote:
In Ep VII, Maz tells Rey about Luke's lightsaber and how it was Anakin's before him. Obviously that means it's the lightsaber Luke lost when Vader severed his hand in Cloud City. I'm looking fwd to seeing how the lightsaber was recovered. Did Luke double back for it after Ep VI? Did one of Lando's ppl recover it?


I dismissed this as plot convenience. Not sure the writers feel the needs to explain anything. Just like they didn't feel the need to explain how the First Order was so powerful and wealthy.


They had 25+ years to build an army in the unknown regions of space unchecked by the new republic government, The movie didn't cover it but that's what the books are for.


Would've been nice to at least briefly touch on in the movie.

They had a terribly written cringey scene where they talked about the "bigger death star" ("How do we blow it up? There's always a way to blow it up.") Rolling Eyes , but they didn't address how since the end of the last movie the Republic vs Empire/First Order dynamic changed.

I get that a lot of fans hated the "space politics" of the prequel trilogy, but they glossed over these details entirely in VII.


I blame Jar Jar Abrams.
_________________
I'm not an honest person, I'm just 50 honest hamsters in a trench coat that learned to type.

Current owner of the Portland Horned Owls in the Bizzaro Dynasty League, I'm a Ravens fan and I regret every second of it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 7808
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May The Fourth Be With You
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SteelKing728


Joined: 23 Aug 2008
Posts: 23563
Location: PGH
PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:
Random, but why does Dagobah have earth like creatures like snakes and lizards?

Legit question. Its been bothering me

Because they couldn't afford CGI back then and wanted to represent an exotic, tropical type of ecosystem. That's something completely stupid to be bothered about. Also, iguanas probably weren't anywhere near as popular as a pet in the 70's, when Empire Strikes Back was filmed.

Edit: I mean, seriously. You're talking about a galaxy where there are humans and where the humans speak English and you're bothered by a few iguanas and pythons showing up in Dagaba in a movie released in 1980?


Haha, yeah I know how ridiculous it sounds.

I know you can't have a completely realistic set with a Star Wars/space theme, especially for that films day and Ade. Still, that bothered me!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
seminoles1


Joined: 10 Jan 2005
Posts: 42289
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil Lord and Christopher Miller just left the production of the Han Solo film, 4 months into production...

"Creative differences" and they apparently clashed with Kathleen Kennedy.
_________________

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
TankWilliams


Joined: 11 Dec 2007
Posts: 17075
Location: Chicago
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller just left the production of the Han Solo film, 4 months into production...

"Creative differences" and they apparently clashed with Kathleen Kennedy.


Apparently they clashed with Lawrence Kasdan. Kasdan is definitely the guy who I'd rather have more creative control if I'm being honest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 20 of 22

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group