You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Star Wars: The Last Jedi (Episode VIII)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
Phil Lord and Christopher Miller just left the production of the Han Solo film, 4 months into production...

"Creative differences" and they apparently clashed with Kathleen Kennedy.

It was more Kennedy and Kasdan clashed with them and what they wanted.

They demanded reshoots like with Edwards, Edwards capitulated, they said [inappropriate/removed] no take our names off the movie.

Kasdan was angry they wanted to improv instead of using his script treatments for his pet project. Didn't like the slightly lighter tone they took.

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad they stepped down honestly. I like the direction Disney and ALL of the producers are going with Star Wars and I WANT it to feel familiar. Lucas tried something different with the prequel trilogy. We all know how that worked. Star Wars works when it's Star Wars.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
I'm glad they stepped down honestly. I like the direction Disney and ALL of the producers are going with Star Wars and I WANT it to feel familiar. Lucas tried something different with the prequel trilogy. We all know how that worked. Star Wars works when it's Star Wars.

I mean then why not just have an in house stable that you rotate movies through then?

If you're going to bring in directors who have a specific style and vision, how can you then turn around and see that the movie was in their style and go "No this sucks".

HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

I mean then why not just have an in house stable that you rotate movies through then?

If you're going to bring in directors who have a specific style and vision, how can you then turn around and see that the movie was in their style and go "No this sucks".

Please. The guys who made a few TV shows and 21 Jump Street do not have a specific style. Do you ever wonder why directors like these guys are given chances with Disney? With Marvel? Because they want to give somebody like them a credit for doing what they want them to do in a movie.

It was a blessing for the two guys and they blew it. They weren't hired to provide their specific style, they were hired to do what they were told in the grand scheme of things, and they refused.

They screwed themselves.
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

Please. The guys who made a few TV shows and 21 Jump Street do not have a specific style. Do you ever wonder why directors like these guys are given chances with Disney? With Marvel? Because they want to give somebody like them a credit for doing what they want them to do in a movie.

It was a blessing for the two guys and they blew it. They weren't hired to provide their specific style, they were hired to do what they were told in the grand scheme of things, and they refused.

They screwed themselves.

In what universe do Lord and Miller not have a style? Laughing It's not a "blessing" to work on a big studio project, these guys just got done working with WB and were allowed carte blanche with a budget to make an animated Batman movie, DC's most important and critical property.

They absolutely have a style, they've done more than "a few TV shows and 21 Jump Street" like come on, that's disingenuous on it's best day. You're just trying to feed into your narrative that Lucasfilm being so ridiculously controlling that 3/4 of these films have had serious production/post production issues isn't a problem. Lord and Miller are very improv heavy, "we'll set the scene but if you feel it go off-script and work with it" guys.

Marvel absolutely brings directors in to impart their style onto each individual film. IM3 is a Shane Black movie to its core, Thor is a Kenneth Brannagh movie, the Avengers is absolutely a Joss Whedon movie, First Avenger is absolutely a Joe Johnston movie and on and on and on. I mean [inappropriate/removed], Force Awakens is a SUPER J.J. Abrams movie. It's far beyond "giving them a name credit on a project". Kevin Feige isn't directing all these films from the shadows.

Each director is allowed their own creative reign on a project with brand oversight.

If Kasdan wanted the movie to be his way or the highway then he needed to just do it himself. If Lucasfilm isn't willing to allow them to work within their own style because Kasdan has his pet project he's wanted to do for 20 years then that's on the studio for buying a pepperoni pizza then going "but I really wanted ham" when the pizza is at the door.

HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'd have to define style. You're acting like Lord and the other guy are some budding auteurs. They're not. Are you saying they have a humor style, or are you saying they have a clear and obvious directing style? You telling me you could pick apart their framing from any other director? You saying they got mise-en-scene down? They don't have style. They have a type of humor. Laughing

TV shows are not to be used in the same sentence as films. If you think they are, they aren't. TV is TV and film is film.

Iron Man 3 is Shane Black in that it had a kid in it. Maybe one or two witty lines of dialogue. And maybe narration. Was there narration in Iron Man 3?

I lol'd at Thor being Branagh. Enlighten me, how? Laughing

Who was it, was it Joss Whedon or was it not Joss Whedon who said that working with Marvel became very unpleasant? I think it was Joss Whedon.

How many people were hired/fired as directors for Marvel movies?

You gonna sit there and tell me that the Russo brothers have style? They don't. They were picked for the same reason Lord and the other guy were picked. They're puppets.

Granted on Joe Johnston. They specifically picked him because they wanted Captain America to look like The Rocketeer. That's the key there though. They wanted it to look like a movie he'd made.

The Force Awakens had to have a director behind it. It had to have Abrams. Still, look at how different Star Wars and most other Abrams movies look and feel. Force Awakens was Star Wars 4-6 more than it was anything Abrams.

Quote:
Each director is allowed their own creative reign on a project with brand oversight.

Tell that to Whedon, Wright, Jenkins and DuVernay. Five directors to leave Marvel movies just screams creative reign. That doesn't even include the directors who've stopped working with Marvel as directors. Branagh. Favreau. Others. Laughing

You think I'm wrong because you want me to be wrong, not because I'm wrong because I'm not wrong.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^^^^^^
We haven't seen enough Star Wars to know for sure what's going on there, but I have complete faith in Kathleen Kennedy. If she chose to let Lord & Miller go, then so be it.

As for Feige and Marvel, you're 100% right HZ. Marvel allows a director to come in and add their flavor, but everything goes thru Feige. That was one of Joss Whedon's biggest complaints that (specifically on Age of Ultron) he wasn't able to do the things he wanted to do.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Tyty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tl;dr all your paragraphs there but I wouldn't mind if the Han Solo movie got dropped altogether and they made a Kenobi movie with Ewan on tattoine looking over young Luke while doing his own thing.
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Tl;dr all your paragraphs there but I wouldn't mind if the Han Solo movie got dropped altogether and they made a Kenobi movie with Ewan on tattoine looking over young Luke while doing his own thing.

Im all but positive that a kenobi movie will happen, but I really hope there is more to it than just a tatooine story.
Crickett

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just going to say this: MAKE KOTOR THE MOVIE!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Tyty wrote:

Im all but positive that a kenobi movie will happen, but I really hope there is more to it than just a tatooine story.

He'll secretly be a Sith Lord too since he said "only a Sith deals in absolutes"
TankWilliams

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crickett wrote:

We know lucasfilm heard you because you said it in big bold size 24 letters.
Crickett

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TankWilliams wrote:
Crickett wrote:

We know lucasfilm heard you because you said it in big bold size 24 letters.

Don't care, had to say it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://deadline.com/2017/06/ron-howard-han-solo-star-wars-movie-replace-phil-lord-christopher-miller-directors-1202117289/

Looks like Ron Howard may be taking over.
Tyty

PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All those years of meditating alone has finally put Luke on a new level

Welcome, Mark Camel

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 20, 21, 22  Next
Page 21 of 22

Jump to: