You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

IT - Stephen King Remake
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:39 pm    Post subject: IT - Stephen King Remake Reply with quote

I'm sure there's a thread for it somewhere buried since this movie has been in the works for a while and searching for "it" would be a challenge so here's a new thread for the trailer just released.

I hope they make it a little less "TV friendly" than the last one. So much potential.... so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnCdOQsX5kc

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be rated R, and it's going to have shut up and take my money written all over it. From the trailer it looks like they're changing up all the terrors, and that's a very good thing because the terrors in the book just weren't good or scary. This movie is going to be the horror version of Stranger Things and it is going to be amazing.
lancerman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean most of the stuff in the trailer looks like some type of adaptation of the book.

-The original sewer scene. Which is iconic and was always going to make the cut.

-The haunted house on Neibolt street.

-The leper scene was shown for a second in the trailer and is pretty much confirmed.

-The bloody sink.

-The slideshow scene is obviously a modernized version of the scrapbook scene.

I like that it looks like it has a good atmosphere. The book is largely about the atmosphere and the study of what growing up feels like and how it accentuates things like horror.
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks hot as hell tbh.. Waiting for Jfin to turn into a killer clown after watching this movie.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lancerman wrote:
I mean most of the stuff in the trailer looks like some type of adaptation of the book.

I wasn't referring to what was in the trailer, but what wasn't. Blood and creepy homeless prostitute men are universal and timeless terrors. There was no giant bird, no mummy, no wolfman or a few of the other not remotely scary terrors that were in the book. I'm glad they kept some of them, but I'm hoping they update the others so that the movie feels fresh rather than a better production of the miniseries. And it looks like they've done it. Can't. Effing. Wait.
lancerman

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
lancerman wrote:

I wasn't referring to what was in the trailer, but what wasn't. Blood and creepy homeless prostitute men are universal and timeless terrors. There was no giant bird, no mummy, no wolfman or a few of the other not remotely scary terrors that were in the book. I'm glad they kept some of them, but I'm hoping they update the others so that the movie feels fresh rather than a better production of the miniseries. And it looks like they've done it. Can't. Effing. Wait.

Oh screw the giant bird crap. That's the worst part of the book.

Not so upset about the Wolfman part because by that point they teased werewolves so much and it's really the first time the kids seek out IT and it's kinda the whole impetus for the silver dollar slingshot. It's a bit more well layered and not played for a cliche "oh we need a horror monster", it was relevant to the set up.

I think the one I hate the most is that stupid giant Paul Bunyan statue. But that one looks like it's in the movie.
Tyty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be the first scary movie I ever see in theaters, not including The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian
Tyty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Beverly doesn't even sleep with all the other 11 year old boys I'm out
Tyty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
lancerman wrote:

For a dude that jerks off to old movies you'd think you'd understand why that "not even remotely scary" stuff was in there Laughing. It's about kids in the 50s and that's what kids in the 50's were scared of lol. You hoping the kids in this one are scared of Freddy Krueger and Jigsaw and the babadook?
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It wasn't that I didn't understand it, doofus. It was that I didn't like it. And I don't want them to be afraid of any movies, I want their fears to manifest in ways I haven't seen before.
candyman93

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really liked the trailer other than the kid running into the sign. The funny nature of that scene kinda kills the mood of the trailer.
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just keep the stupid space alien spider out and I'll be happy. Worst deconstruction of a horror monster ever.

Live like you're down 3-1
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:
Just keep the stupid space alien spider out and I'll be happy. Worst deconstruction of a horror monster ever.

I agree completely.
Tyty

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iPwn wrote:

The book really lost me there
iPwn

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
iPwn wrote:

The book really lost me there
Did it actually turn into a spider in the book too? I haven't read it, but I know it had the deadlights be the actual source of Pennywise's projection. How did the deadlights actually manifest in the book?

Live like you're down 3-1

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: