Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rags' First Round Mock
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Rags' First Round Mock Reply with quote

First mock here. I'm one of a number of guys who moved our BDL fantasy dynasty league. Feel free to check us out.

I tried to make not-completely-consensus picks, but go ahead and rip this mock up. That's half the fun.

Cleveland - Myles Garrett - Ok, this one is consensus. They almost have to.

San Francisco - Marshon Lattimore - They've gone DL the past two years so no Allen, but need CB help badly.

Chicago - Jonathan Allen - He would help give the Bears a great front seven so they have an identity to build around.

Jacksonville - Jamal Adams - They like going defense early, and with Cyprien gone, Adams and Gipson would make a great safety tandem.

Tennessee - Marlon Humphrey - CB is one of their biggest needs and Humphrey is someone they like.

NY Jets - Leonard Fournette - A tiny slide, but the Jets would love it. Fournette would be a huge help to whoever starts at QB.

LA Chargers - Malik Hooker - FS has been a huge need since Weddle left. This seems like an obvious match.

Carolina - Dalvin Cook - Stewart is 30 and they need another back so Cam doesn't get beat to hell again.

Cincinnati - Solomon Thomas - He would be a perfect fit as he could play outside early and slide inside next to Atkins on passing downs.

Buffalo - O.J. Howard - They need more weapons for Tyrod and I have Howard higher than the WRs. Plus Clay has been crap.

New Orleans - Reuben Foster - They signed Te'o, but he sucks. They need to shore up their front seven and they can get a edge guys later.

Cleveland - Mitchell Trubisky - Another common pick, but a needed one. You think they'd love to have their pick of QBs here.

Arizona - Pat Mahomes - Palmer might actually die soon and Mahomes fits what Arians likes in his ability to air it out. A year on the bench with Arians could help fix a lot of Mahomes mechanics.

Philadelphia - Mike Williams - Jeffrey is one a one year deal and Wentz needs a long-term WR to grow with.

Indianapolis - Haason Reddick - They need talent everywhere and Reddick can be moved around depending on the situation.

Baltimore - Ryan Ramczyk - A new RT is needed and Ramczyk is the best OT imo. He and Stanley would make a nice pair.

Washington - John Ross - With Desean gone, they have no deep threat. Ross fixes that quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Tennessee - Corey Davis - Pretty sure TN would run this card up. Davis would be a great target for Mariota and fill a huge need.

Tampa Bay - Christian McCaffrey - They want to get more talent around Jameis and they have nothing set at RB. McCaffrey, Desean, and Evans is a great group to put around him.

Denver - Cam Robinson - They had major issues at RT last year and Cam would start from day 1.

Detroit - Derek Barnett - They need more production at DE and Barnett is great value here as he slips a bit due to some athletic concerns.

Miami - Taco Charlton - Wake can't play forever and they need youth on the edge. Another great value pick.

NY Giants - Forrest Lamp - Their line sucked last year and I think Lamp can play a couple positions on the OL. He could shore up RT or RG.

Oakland - David Njoku - They don't have much at TE, and Njoku could exploit the middle of the field with teams focused on Amari and Crabtree. Especially if they add Lynch.

Houston - Jabril Peppers - I could see BOB actually starting Savage this year. Peppers could thrive in this defense as he could be moved around depending on the opponent.

Seattle - Gareon Conley - They could use CB help and Gareon is 6'0". He is also great value here as he could go much higher.

Kansas City - Deshaun Watson - I could definitely see Andy Reid making this pick if Watson slides this far. They need a QB after Alex and Deshaun could use some time to refine his footwork.

Dallas - Charles Harris - Dallas is going heavy on defense this draft and edge rush is desperately needed even if Demarcus Lawrence hits his potential.

Green Bay - Adoree Jackson - Randall was awful last year, Shields never saw the field, and Rollins was forced to play out of position(he's pure slot imo). Adoree has great speed and can run with anyone.

Pittsburgh - Jarrad Davis - Timmons is gone and they love taking LBs in the first. I debated edge here, but Davis and Shazier would be a very athletic ILB tandem.

Atlanta - T.J. Watt - They need another edge rusher and Watt seems to fit the type of player they want to draft.

New Orleans - Tre'Davious White - More defense for NO and I chose White but there are a ton of CBs in this same tier. I chose White as I think he has great feet and instincts to shadow WRs.

Last edited by Ragnarok on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atlanta - T.J. Watt - They need another edge rusher and Watt seems to fit the type of player they want to draft.

I like the Falcons going edge rusher in the 1st round and i could see Watt as being a guy we like alot. I personally wouldn't take him over Takk as i see Takk along the lines of a Taco type value as both are top 20 to 25 players to me. Watt is a early 2nd round guy to me so it's not much of a stretch and i could see him being a Falcon come draft day. Still hope we get Takk or Taco though Smile
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:

I like the Falcons going edge rusher in the 1st round and i could see Watt as being a guy we like alot. I personally wouldn't take him over Takk as i see Takk along the lines of a Taco type value as both are top 20 to 25 players to me. Watt is a early 2nd round guy to me so it's not much of a stretch and i could see him being a Falcon come draft day. Still hope we get Takk or Taco though Smile

I personally think Takk is overrated. He gets crushed in the ground game from what I've seen and I don't think he has the bend or pass rush moves to make up for it. I think Watt is much more well-rounded and has the agility scores y'all seemed to go after last year. But edge rushers are so deep this year that everyone has a favorite.
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

I personally think Takk is overrated. He gets crushed in the ground game from what I've seen and I don't think he has the bend or pass rush moves to make up for it. I think Watt is much more well-rounded and has the agility scores y'all seemed to go after last year. But edge rushers are so deep this year that everyone has a favorite.

Agreed im not mad to much as long as the value is similar and it actually hits a need. Now if you were to give us say a Willis over both of those guys then i think i would complain about it more as i don't have him as a 1st round guy at all.
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
FalconFan13 wrote:

Agreed im not mad to much as long as the value is similar and it actually hits a need. Now if you were to give us say a Willis over both of those guys then i think i would complain about it more as i don't have him as a 1st round guy at all.

I don't think he is a first round guy either, so we agree there. But considering some think Watt could go in the middle of the first, I like the value a lot.
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely love the Bengals pick. I just hope he slips to us.
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lobe the Howard pick and explanation that he is better then the WR. You're incorrect about Clay though. It has driven Bills fans nuts how open he is every game and the trigger isn't pulled. He's also a tremendous blocker for Shady.

Adding OJ would allow Clay to play more H-back where he can excel because he'd actually get the ball in his hand.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Trust the Process.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dream pick

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trentwannabe wrote:
Lobe the Howard pick and explanation that he is better then the WR. You're incorrect about Clay though. It has driven Bills fans nuts how open he is every game and the trigger isn't pulled. He's also a tremendous blocker for Shady.

Adding OJ would allow Clay to play more H-back where he can excel because he'd actually get the ball in his hand.

In fairness, I haven't seen a ton of the Bills since they got him. I do agree that Clay is a great blocker and I love the two-TE sets he and Howard would provide. But I'll have to take your word that he is open in every game, I just know his production dropped like a rock after week 4.
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Humphrey at 5 would be an absolute joke. Hooker should be the pick in this case. Davis is great at 18.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Bo-Raider

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raiders have just signed Jared Cook, I doubt it's for him to be second TE.

We have one of the best offenses in the NFL and one of the worst defenses, no reason for us not to go defense with our first pick, we have needs almost everywhere on Defense.
Cypher

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruh. Not a chance we pass on Thomas for Cook. Cook has no business in the top-10.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
Lasus83

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Bruh. Not a chance we pass on Thomas for Cook. Cook has no business in the top-10.

+1

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bo-Raider wrote:
Raiders have just signed Jared Cook, I doubt it's for him to be second TE.

We have one of the best offenses in the NFL and one of the worst defenses, no reason for us not to go defense with our first pick, we have needs almost everywhere on Defense.

I get that, but Cook is 30, injury-prone, drops a fair number of passes, a subpar blocker, and only signed for two years. Njoku would be a long term fix at the position.

However, I seriously debated Conley and Jarrad Davis as well. I particularly think Davis would be a great fit in the middle of that defense.
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
Humphrey at 5 would be an absolute joke. Hooker should be the pick in this case. Davis is great at 18.

The choice was between those two. And everything does seem to point at the Titans being higher on Hooker and Adams than the CBs. But CB is a higher priority position. Not to mention they signed Cyprien and like Byard a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if they went CB over S at 5.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: