Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Rags' First Round Mock
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
Bruh. Not a chance we pass on Thomas for Cook. Cook has no business in the top-10.

I was very close to giving them Solomon there. The one thing that stopped me is that they need to find ways to keep Cam from getting beat to hell again. That trumps everything else. And Cook helps them do that. Especially with Stewart hitting 30. But it's a deep RB draft, so if they really like some 2nd round guys, you could very well be right.
Lasus83

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
Cypher wrote:
Bruh. Not a chance we pass on Thomas for Cook. Cook has no business in the top-10.

I was very close to giving them Solomon there. The one thing that stopped me is that they need to find ways to keep Cam from getting beat to hell again. That trumps everything else. And Cook helps them do that. Especially with Stewart hitting 30. But it's a deep RB draft, so if they really like some 2nd round guys, you could very well be right.

... well, that and Cook mistreated puppies... so that too.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lasus83 wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
Cypher wrote:

Eh, if Mixon can get video taped knocking out a chick and still be a likely 2nd round pick, then Cook can go in the top half of the first.
jcm412

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big no to a ILB for the Steelers in the first.
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jcm412 wrote:
Big no to a ILB for the Steelers in the first.

Dead set on them going edge rusher?
bananabucket

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd lean towards Barnett or Charlton but I definitely wouldnt complain about taking Reddick.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Rags' First Round Mock Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:

Washington - John Ross - With Desean gone, they have no deep threat. Ross fixes that quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Today I learned a 6'4" WR who ran a 4.38 40 yd dash isn't a deep threat (Pryor).

Nor is a more athletic version of Allen Robinson (Doctson).
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Rags' First Round Mock Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:

Washington - John Ross - With Desean gone, they have no deep threat. Ross fixes that quick, fast, and in a hurry.

Today I learned a 6'4" WR who ran a 4.38 40 yd dash isn't a deep threat (Pryor).

The guy who is signed to a one year deal with one year of production and a guy with numerous Achilles injuries are not reasons to pass on Ross
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Rags' First Round Mock Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:

The guy who is signed to a one year deal with one year of production and a guy with numerous Achilles injuries are not reasons to pass on Ross

Have you checked out Ross's injury history?

And now you're shifting the argument. You said we don't have a deep threat on our roster. That's far from true.
Myth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm seriously concerned about Barnett's lack of athleticism. The odds of an unathletic DE being successful in the NFL are very low. And Bob Quinn has been scouting every athletic freak who came out of the combine and a lot of the athletic freaks who weren't. Analytics will be a greater factor in his decision-making if what they've done so far in scouting is any indication.

While the pass rush is still a priority for the Lions, the inability to get pressure from the middle was actually a far greater concern. There's no 3T DT worthy of 21 unfortunately. And a closed end LDE can be found later in the draft, too.

And I'm sure other teams' fans are aware that LBs are allowed to blitz. But I'm still trying to convince other Lion fans that this is so, because it's been so long since we've seen it.

The weakest position on the team by far is LB. If they don't take a LB (and I don't care whether it's MLB or OLB) in the first (when you have Jared Davis available and it's not a reach) then they will have to do something weird like trading or reaching to get their LB in the 2nd. Based on the athletic models Quinn seems to like, Tyus Bowser's and T.J. Watt's names are also in contention if Reuben Foster (yeah, he will be gone), Hassan Reddick (eh, there is still a slim chance he reaches us at 21), Davis & Zach Cunningham are all gone.

Seriously LB is so bad we are looking at free agent pick-up Paul Worilow to be our starting MLB. By all that is holy, save us Lions fans from such madness.
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:26 pm    Post subject: Re: Rags' First Round Mock Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:

And now you're shifting the argument. You said we don't have a deep threat on our roster. That's far from true.

Yeah, and the injuries are a bit of a concern. But those were pretty freaky things, which is different than Doctson's chronic achilles issues that lasted all season.

You can't call Doctson a deep threat because he's barely shown anything in the NFL. And Pryor had exactly 4 catches over 40 yards last year. That's not exactly deep-threat material.
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Rags' First Round Mock Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:

Yeah, and the injuries are a bit of a concern. But those were pretty freaky things, which is different than Doctson's chronic achilles issues that lasted all season.

You can't call Doctson a deep threat because he's barely shown anything in the NFL. And Pryor had exactly 4 catches over 40 yards last year. That's not exactly deep-threat material.

Pryor played with 6 different QB's last year. All of them terrible. If I'm the Redskins FO, I'm going to assume his production all over the field increases significantly with Cousins throwing him the ball.

And yes, Doctson's Achilles tendonitis is a concern (it's not numerous injuries btw). He recently tweeted out that he's 100%, and he has been working with Cousins this offseason, along with Pryor and Crowder, without any setbacks, so I'm hopeful there. This is really the only major injury Doctson has ever had, so I don't think the Redskins FO should just write him off after one season.

Josh Doctson‏Verified account @JDoc_son Mar 28
100%

Ross, on the other hand, has an extensive injury history involving both knees. Freak injuries or not, that is extremely concerning. Not to mention, if you can't put a label on Doctson because he's barely shown anything in the NFL, how can you put a label on Ross?
Ragnarok

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Rags' First Round Mock Reply with quote

HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
HTTRG3Dynasty wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:

Pryor played with 6 different QB's last year. All of them terrible. If I'm the Redskins FO, I'm going to assume his production all over the field increases significantly with Cousins throwing him the ball.

And yes, Doctson's Achilles tendonitis is a concern (it's not numerous injuries btw). He recently tweeted out that he's 100%, and he has been working with Cousins this offseason, along with Pryor and Crowder, without any setbacks, so I'm hopeful there. This is really the only major injury Doctson has ever had, so I don't think the Redskins FO should just write him off after one season.

Josh Doctson‏Verified account @JDoc_son Mar 28
100%

Ross, on the other hand, has an extensive injury history involving both knees. Freak injuries or not, that is extremely concerning. Not to mention, if you can't put a label on Doctson because he's barely shown anything in the NFL, how can you put a label on Ross?

You can assume that production will increase and I don't think that's unreasonable, but I still think that Pryor is a better big-bodied target than deep threat-type.

Personally, I think that one injury that lingers the way his achilles has is more concerning than a couple of freak injuries. Especially when it's clear that Ross is fully recovered from those injuries.

Also, I think that taking Ross would be a good move in terms of planning past this year. If Pryor balls out this year, do they pay Pryor like a #1 or does he walk? If they have Ross, they can afford to let him walk.
Lasus83

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragnarok wrote:
Lasus83 wrote:
Ragnarok wrote:
Cypher wrote:

Eh, if Mixon can get video taped knocking out a chick and still be a likely 2nd round pick, then Cook can go in the top half of the first.

Sure... but not to the panthers. After Hardy (and arguably before him too), this team will absolutely not touch either player... especially Mixon.

FFMD 15 - General Manager
FFMD 16 - Asst. General Manager
Counselor

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ragu this sucks Cool

48 1/2ers wrote:
Ostriches have inverted knees and they're pretty athletic...

GIF of Ostrich Running Here...

The Wheat Grass Shooting Hippies made me get rid of it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: