Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Let's give a 7-rounder a go
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zithers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Re: Let's give a 7-rounder a go Reply with quote

I would be incredibly disappointed with Carolina's draft if this is how it works out. The pick that excites me most is... the fullback...

8. Panthers, Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee
If I still had hair, I would rip it out if we took Barnett instead of Jamal Adams.

40. Panthers, Kevin King, CB, Washington
Don't think Carolina would be interested in him. Shorter arms than either Bradberry and Worley (the team likes a big wingspan) and too stiff.

64. Panthers, Alvin Kamara, RB, Tennessee
Solid.

98. Panthers, Will Holden, OT, Vanderbilt
Eh this OT class is bad. Drafting terrible rookies won't help our OT struggles at all. Would rather tough it out with Kalil/Oher/Williams and try to get a vet in the preseason or a better rookie next year.

115. Panthers, John Johnson, FS, Boston College
He could be a good special teamer until Kurt Coleman leaves.

152. Panthers, Jonnu Smith, TE, Florida International
Bad hands and is about the same size and Benji and Funchess. Don't need someone like that on the team imo.

192. Panthers, Sam Rogers, FB, Virginia Tech
Awesome pick.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Outside of the CB pick in the 3rd or 4th round i don't think you really did to bad at all for the Falcons. But that pick is a pretty bad pick as he truthfully won't make the team more than likely. Our CB positions is fricken loaded top to bottom on the top 5 CB's.

Now even though it might mess up a good bit of ya mock this is how i would have drafted in each round based on who was available and need at each pick that fits our scheme.

1st - Takk - No complaints at all here A+ pick

2nd - Desmond King - FS - Perfect style player and fit for our centerfield Zone FS type we use in this scheme. He's a so so CB but would be much better using his instincts in zone back there for us at FS.

3rd - Jordan Leggett - Normally i don't do TE's this early but considering who we can get in the next round for a position of need and Leggett being good value here im making the exception.

4th - Danny Isidora - RG - Outside of Feeney maybe the best ZBS OG in the draft. I would have taken him in the 3rd round but you let him slide to us in the 4th which is a blessing Very Happy

5th - Eddie Vanderdoes - DT - This guy could have went 2 rounds earlier easily and just like Grady Jarrettwe took in the 5th he would be a steal for us in the 5th round this year.

7th - Harvey - LB - No complaints on IB depth in the 7th round and possible good ST player. Nice draft pick here.

As said i don't dislike your draft that much i just think we need to his actual needs in the 1st few rounds with good scheme fit players. Dorian is a really good OG i would be happy with him in the draft and if a legit FS fell to us instead of the CB i would have taken your whole draft as it sits.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:15 am    Post subject: Re: Let's give a 7-rounder a go Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
40. Panthers, Kevin King, CB, Washington
Don't think Carolina would be interested in him. Shorter arms than either Bradberry and Worley (the team likes a big wingspan) and too stiff.
Shocked Shocked Shocked Explain?

#1 ET Supporter
HTTRG3Dynasty

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Perfect draft for the Redskins.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: