Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Best 2017 Mock Draft
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:42 am    Post subject: Best 2017 Mock Draft Reply with quote

I don't include the details in the trades because I don't care about that part. This isn't "what I would do", this is my guess at what happens. I don't plan to make another mock draft, so comments about how I could do better next time are probably a waste of your time.

1. Cleveland Browns: EDGE Myles Garrett, Texas A&M
2. San Francisco 49ers: DB Malik Hooker, Ohio State

Trade: The Chicago Bears trade down with the Carolina Panthers

3. Carolina Panthers (from the Chicago Bears): RB Leonard Fournette, LSU

Trade: The Jacksonville Jaguars trade down with the New York Jets

4. New York Jets (from the Jacksonville Jaguars): CB Marshon Lattimore, Ohio State
5. Tennessee Titans (from the Los Angeles Rams): WR Corey Davis, Western Michigan
6. Jacksonville Jaguars (from the New York Jets): OL Cam Robinson, Alabama

Trade: The Los Angeles Chargers trade down with the Cleveland Browns

7. Cleveland Browns (from the Los Angeles Chargers): QB Mitch Trubisky, North Carolina
8. Chicago Bears (from the Carolina Panthers): OL Garett Bolles, Utah
9. Cincinnati Bengals: EDGE Jonathan Allen, Alabama
10. Buffalo Bills: WR John Ross, Washington
11. New Orleans Saints: EDGE Solomon Thomas, Stanford
12. Los Angeles Chargers (from the Philadelphia Eagles via the Cleveland Browns): WR Mike Williams, Clemson

Trade: The Arizona Cardinals trade down with the Dallas Cowboys

13. Dallas Cowboys (from the Arizona Cardinals): DB Jamal Adams, LSU
14. Philadelphia Eagles (from the Minnesota Vikings): RB Christian McCraffey, Stanford
15. Indianapolis Colts: CB Gareon Conley, Ohio State
16. Baltimore Ravens: LB Haason Reddick, Temple
17. Washington Racial Slurs: EDGE Derek Barnett, Tennessee
18. Tennessee Titans: TE OJ Howard, Alabama

Trade: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers trade down with the Seattle Seahawks

19. Seattle Seahawks (from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers): OL Forrest Lamp, Western Kentucky
20. Denver Broncos: OL Ryan Ramczyk, Wisconsin

Trade: The Detroit Lions trade down with the Pittsburgh Steelers

21. Pittsburgh Steelers (from the Detroit Lions): EDGE Derek Rivers, Youngstown State
22. Miami Dolphins: DB Jabrill Peppers, Michigan
23. New York Giants: TE David Njoku, Miami

Trade: The Oakland Raiders trade down with the New Orleans Saints

24. New Orleans Saints (from the Oakland Raiders): QB Patrick Mahomes, Texas Tech
25. Houston Texans: QB Deshaun Watson, Clemson
26. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (from the Seattle Seahawks): RB Dalvin Cook, Florida State
27. Kansas City Chiefs: LB Jarrad Davis, Florida
28. Arizona Cardinals (from the Dallas Cowboys): QB DeShone Kizer, Notre Dame
29. Green Bay Packers: EDGE Jordan Willis, Kansas State
30. Detroit Lions (from the Pittsburgh Steelers): DL Malik McDowell, Michigan State
31. Atlanta Falcons: DB Budda Baker, Washington
32. Oakland Raiders (from the New England Patriots via the New Orleans Saints): DB Obi Melifonwu, Connecticut

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
bananabucket

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the Colts Conley next time.
JPeezy55

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivers is good, but don't see any need to move up 9 spots for him. Plenty of talent going to be available at 30 and the Steelers don't typically move up for a guy unless its someone they love and he's sliding.

Welcome to Sixburgh.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bananabucket wrote:
Give the Colts Conley next time.
oh you think you're sooooo funny

"Strength is meaningless in o-line play if there is no explosive, or speed-strength, quality to the strength."
- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Cypher

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be utterly disgusted. Taking a back top-10 is offensive enough. Trading up for one is just gross. If we make that horrendous mistake, Gettleman better pray he's Adrian Peterson part deux.

AkronsWitness wrote:
The Browns are a football team, run by baseball people, making smart basketball trades...#Analytics
FalconFan13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't hate the pick i think Baker is a fine FS and one who fits our team amazingly well. I personally go with Taco or Takk there at edge rusher as they are much higher value as they are probably top 25 players and Baker is probably a early to mid 2nd rounder. Plus Edge rusher is probably a bigger need.

If we really wanted Baker i think it would be in our best interest to trade down a few picks and pick up a 3rd or 4th to make up for the 6th rounder we lost to the noise gate thing. Taco, Takk, Watt, Harris, Baker, Feeney allows us to trade down easily and still come away with a great player and some picks.
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JPeezy55 wrote:
Rivers is good, but don't see any need to move up 9 spots for him. Plenty of talent going to be available at 30 and the Steelers don't typically move up for a guy unless its someone they love and he's sliding.
if only...

He's a hell of a player and he's a perfect fit. The only available guy who might be better is Tim Williams, but the off field concerns will drop him.

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cypher wrote:
I'd be utterly disgusted. Taking a back top-10 is offensive enough. Trading up for one is just gross. If we make that horrendous mistake, Gettleman better pray he's Adrian Peterson part deux.
I agree, it would be pretty stupid, but the Panthers need to be desperate at this point to get any help for Cam. A desperate team is one that trades up into the top 3 for a RB.

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Zithers

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
Cypher wrote:
I agree, it would be pretty stupid, but the Panthers need to be desperate at this point to get any help for Cam. A desperate team is one that trades up into the top 3 for a RB.

mccaffrey would be there at 8.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fail. At least give them the right ILB.

J

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zithers wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
Cypher wrote:

mccaffrey would be there at 8.
so?

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:

Fail. At least give them the right ILB.

J
I did give them the right ILB

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
Trentwannabe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ross is a bad choice for the Bills.

Davis and Williams make more sense.

Thank you NickChowaniec!

Draft Wish List:
*Trade Back*
1. Corey Davis 2: Budda Baker 3a: Duke Riley
3b: Sidney Jones 5a: Connor McDermott 5b: Nate Hairston 6: Xavier Woods 7: Jeremiah Ledbetter
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FalconFan13 wrote:

I don't hate the pick i think Baker is a fine FS and one who fits our team amazingly well. I personally go with Taco or Takk there at edge rusher as they are much higher value as they are probably top 25 players and Baker is probably a early to mid 2nd rounder. Plus Edge rusher is probably a bigger need.
Taco Charlton and Takk McKinnley are both very overrated, neither are worth a selection at this point. You can't find another player like Baker who can be a great slot defender but also roll back to FS and be just as good. You can find better and more versatile defensive lineman with your next pick.

FalconFan13 wrote:
If we really wanted Baker i think it would be in our best interest to trade down a few picks and pick up a 3rd or 4th to make up for the 6th rounder we lost to the noise gate thing. Taco, Takk, Watt, Harris, Baker, Feeney allows us to trade down easily and still come away with a great player and some picks.
You see, in order to trade down, someone has to be willing to trade up. With so many highly thought of players left, nobody is going to want to send away a 3rd or 4th round pick just to take a player who isn't really better than what they would have drafted at their original spot. If there was a quarterback still available, then perhaps a trade down would be viable.

You're also making the false assumption that you could get him after trading down. Odds are, Oakland takes him right after you if you let him slide.

- LeCharles Bentley

R.I.P. Stylish
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the fact that you have Allen and Thomas fall to the Bengals. I may be wrong, but given a choice between the two, I think most, if not all, would prefer Thomas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: