Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

ROCK MOCK 1st round w/ multiple trades
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:23 pm    Post subject: ROCK MOCK 1st round w/ multiple trades Reply with quote

Here's my best guess at the top 32 how things shake out. Never done this before so be kind. I took some time to try and get a grasp on other teams needs but it's hard. Curious to see how I do so I wanted to get it on paper before tomorrow. Like always we will see some shockers some may disagree with but whatever. I'll put a brief description for each pick so you can see my reasoning.

1. CLE - Garrett (obvious)

2. SF - Adams (Natural leader and safe pick for SF to build around)

3. CHI - Thomas (good fit and Adams was gone, I think they like Glennon so no QB here)

4. JAC - Watson (I think they are done with Bortles, Watson is a winner and a gamer. They spent a ton of money and I think they have a full blown QB comp in TC, this is the first shocker of the draft

5. CLE - Turbisky (trade from CLE #12, #33, CLE 5th. CLE gets their man and TEN gets what they want more picks)

6. NYJ - Malik Hooker (Jets are desperate to trade out but CLE gets same deal for #5 and Jets are stuck with Hooker. Saying stuck with Hooker sounds bad because this guy has a skyscraper type ceiling and Jets get a game changer)

7. SD - Jonathan Allen (SD has a top 5 talent fall to them like Williams feel to the Jets two years ago. Bosa and Allen form a scary DL.)

8. CAR - McCaffrey (Yep they pass Fournette with the 2nd shocker of the draft and grab the better all around back. The things the OC can do in a read option with CAM and McCaffrey is scary.

9. TEN - Lattimore (trade from TEN #12, #83. TEN adds #33 and still gets their guy using one of two 3rd rounds they have to move back up, they probably needed to jump BUF and/or NO for him)

10. BUF - Howard (BUF is tough, they can go many different ways but settle on a the stud TE to help Taylor, Shady and Watkins)

11. NO - Barnett (NO grabs a much needed pass rusher since Reddick/Lattimore are gone and Conley is dropping)

12. CIN - Reddick (CIN traded down because they had similar grades on a few guys, they add a 3rd which helps and land a stud LB who can help all over the field, he slots nicely into the WILL for them)

13. IND - Fournette (trade from INDY #15 and 4th. INDY has many needs on D but they had no choice since Fournette was there and PHI was licking their chops, they are not shy about getting their guy and giving Luck running game like Fournette was too good to pass up)

14. PHI - Jackson (PHI fans are pissed at INDY but settle on a much needed CB. In a bit of a shock Jackson jumps Humprhey because of upside.

15. ARI - Mahomes (ARI grabs an extra pick but lands their future in Mahomes. Love his attitude and arm as does ARI. Perfect landing spot since Mahomes is a project)

16. BAL - Robinson (I like Robinson more than most and think BAL is getting great value here. Ozzie loves Saban's guys and they take their future RT to form a bookend with Stanley.)

17. WAS - Williams (WR is a need and the best one slipped further than they thought. If they hope to win they need to score and with D-Jax/Garcon gone WR is a big need. Williams fits and is a nice red zone threat to pair with Doctson/Crowder.

18. TEN - Harris (They need a WR but just missed Williams. They stick to BPA and go with another need pass rusher and look to address WR at #33)

19. TB - Davis (I was thinking safety but didn't see the value so instead went with Jarrod Davis who will slot right in at LB for TB.)

20. DEN - Ramczyk - (DEN has big needs at OT and this could be an immediate upgrade for them. I considered Foster as well since DEN has the locker room to keep him in check and the talent is hard to pass on but went with the bigger need)

21. DET - Charlton (DET is thrilled to see Taco on the board here as he could go higher than expected but another rusher opposite Ziggy is key for their defense)

22. MIA - Foster (Tannenbaum has a flare for the dramatic and as a major need in their defense MIA takes the risk on Foster. They did it last year with Tunsil and grab another stud later then usual with Foster.)

23. NYG - Njoku (NYG would have ran to the podium if Foster was there but since him and Davis is gone they settle on a huge need a TE.)

24. OAK - King (OAK is a few pieces away from contending and CB is one. They consider Humphrey but go with the guy with the higher ceiling)

25. HOU - Webb (A bit of a panic move by HOU since the top 3 guys are gone and they couldn't move up to get one. Webb fits BOB's system better than Kizer so Webb gets the nod here)

26. ATL - Lamp (ATL trades up using #31, 4th and future 4th to land the best guard to bolster their run game. ATL loves to run the ball and Lamp is great value here. SEA has great success with mid rounders and adds two more)

27. KC - Melifonwu (Berry and Obi form a nice duo in the secondary. This could put them over the top in the secondary with an elite defense as Obi can do multiple things from cover TE's to play CF. Along with that pass rush that D is going to be tough)

28. DAL - Humphrey (DAL is thrilled to have a high end CB drop to them since the value is there as is the biggest need. DAL runs to the podium for Humphrey)

29. GB - Mixon (Don't think he gets out of round 1 but haven't found a landing spot. Could be way off here on this one but GB has a good locker room, good ownership and a need. Not sure if GB has said one way or the other about him but I needed to find a spot since I think he goes round 1)

30. PIT - Bowser (I think PIT takes Bowser for another run at NE and skips the QB here)

31. SEA - Bolles (CB is a need even with Sherman but so is OT. Bolles is an immediate upgrade to a struggling line. SEA needs to protect their franchise and Bolles does that. They move down and still get their guy)

32. CHI - Kizer (I said CHI like Glennon not love him. CHI slides into the end of round 1 to grab that extra 1 year for the rookie and grooms Kizer behind Glennon. CHI 2nd along with a 5th and 7th was enough for NO to bite)

Props to Mack on the sig
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the trade down from 5 to 12. Don't really like trading up. Rather stay put and take Foster. Pass-Rusher isn't a need. Depth is but certainly better players out there. Njoku at 18 and then Corey Davis at 33.

Adopt-A-Titan:
Avery Williamson
Hootlander

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the O. J. Howard pick for Buffalo. Gives Tyrid a big fast target that is a better route runner and block than Mike Williams and his broken neck.
The OUTLAW

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see the Browns trading up.

Vince Lombardi
Top5Fitz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Trading down then taking Mahomes is a perfect scenario.

LB Haason Reddick, S Budda Baker, WR Chad Williams, OG Dorian Johnson, OT Will Holden, RB/KR TJ Logan, CB/S Rudy Ford
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far so good. In response to TEN fan. Yeah I figured you guys are very high on Lattimore and since you have even more picks you can afford to lose one just to make sure you got your guy. I mean you got your guy still and still moved up from 82 to 33 in the process. Seems like a win win for you.

I wanted to go WR but think OLB is more of a need then you think Orakpo isn't stopping me from drafting a stud pass rusher. I know you did well gettig to the QB lat year but Harris is a monster and you can find a solid WR at 33. I had Ross dropping out of round one so you can grab him there is you love him that much.

TE is deep too a mid round TE will do you fine. No need to go all in on Njoku.

Props to Mack on the sig
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top5Fitz wrote:
Trading down then taking Mahomes is a perfect scenario.

I love that INDY trade for both teams. Makes so much sense if Fournette is there since PHI would be licking their chops to grab him as would INDY.

Props to Mack on the sig
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hootlander wrote:
Like the O. J. Howard pick for Buffalo. Gives Tyrid a big fast target that is a better route runner and block than Mike Williams and his broken neck.

As a Jets fan I want Howard at 6 actually but I went Hooker because I think that's what they'll do more so than what I want.

Props to Mack on the sig
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OUTLAW wrote:
I don't see the Browns trading up.

There is so much smoke here there has to be fire. They have nothing to gain by throwing smoke out there. What are they forcing a team to trade up for a QB so another prospect falls. They're too far down the draft for that approach. I think they want him

Props to Mack on the sig
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

26. ATL - Lamp (ATL trades up using #31, 4th and future 4th to land the best guard to bolster their run game. ATL loves to run the ball and Lamp is great value here. SEA has great success with mid rounders and adds two more)

Atlanta wouldn't have to include a future 4th. Other than that, great pick and trade.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

love the trade down. Not sure I love Reddick though

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ochocinco4pres wrote:

Shocked because I thought he'd be perfect for your D. Added blitzer outside or inside with coverage ability. Just the perfect WILL that you are lacking.

Props to Mack on the sig
INbengalfan

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

Shocked because I thought he'd be perfect for your D. Added blitzer outside or inside with coverage ability. Just the perfect WILL that you are lacking.

We lack a WILL? Tez Burfict would like to say hello
Jason_Bengal_Fl

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
ochocinco4pres wrote:

1. We need a SAM, not a WILL.
2. Our history with conversion guys stinks.

I don't mind the trade down, what did we get?

As for the pick, Fournette or Ross please.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

27. KC - Melifonwu

Don't get fancy. Just give them Humphrey.

J

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: