You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Final Mock Draft 1st Round (With Trades and Explanations)

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stl4life07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:38 am    Post subject: Final Mock Draft 1st Round (With Trades and Explanations) Reply with quote

Round 1

*TRADES*
The Cleveland Browns trades their 12th, 52nd, 108th overall picks and 2018 2nd round pick to the Tennessee Titans for their 5th overall pick

The Tennessee Titans trades their 12th and 83rd overall picks to the Cincinnati Bengals for their 9th overall pick

The Los Angeles Rams trade their 37th and 69th overall picks to the Kansas City Chiefs for their 27th and 104th overall picks

1. Cleveland Browns – Myles Garrett DE Texas A&M: I think this is a no brainer for the Browns. Garrett is the consensus #1 overall prospect and I the Browns would dumb to draft anyone other than him with the top pick. Garrett will give the Browns a much needed difference maker on defense up front. They tried for years to get pass rushers like Mingo, Kruger, and now recently Collins. The first two are no longer with the team. Collins just signed a long term deal. Garrett can help add to Collins to give newly D-Coordinator Greg Williams 4-3 defense some bite.

2. San Francisco 49ers – Jamal Adams S LSU: The 49ers can go many ways with this pick but the 49ers need blue chip difference makers on their team. Adams is just that guy. Adams have drawn comparisons to former Steelers great player Troy Polamalu. If the 49ers want to get their defense to being what was a strength just a few seasons ago then it would make sense to start off by taking an impact player in Adams.

3. Chicago Bears – Marshon Lattimore CB Ohio State: I think the the ceiling for Lattimore is here to the Bears. He is considered by many as the best cornerback prospect in the draft and the Bears need to continue to build their secondary. Lattimore will be an instant impact starter for them and will help slow down the likes of Rodgers and Stafford within the division.

4. Jacksonville Jaguars – Leonard Fournette HB LSU: As much as I would love for Fournette to go to the Panthers for fantasy purposes, in reality, it would make sense for the Jaguars to take him here. Bortles struggled greatly last season as the entire offense. The oline wasn’t good and thus the running game suffered as well. I was not high on Yeldon and Ivory always had injury issues. Fournette by far would be the best running back the Jaguars had since Jones-Drew. I can see Tom Coughlin wanting to get that physical running back like he had with Fred Taylor win the Jaguars was successful. Fournette definitely would fit that mindset.

5. *TRADE* Cleveland Browns from (Tennessee Titans from Los Angeles Rams) – Mitchell Trubisky QB North Carolina: The Browns use some of their draft capital to trade up to get the QB that they covet. Last year they wanted Goff only to see the Rams trade up from the teens into the top 5 to snatch Goff away from them. Now they to the same but this time they snatch the guy they covet from a team who might be hoping that Trubisky falls to them. I think most like Trubisky tape enough to think he can be a franchise QB. I personally like Watson but I do trust in coach Hue Jackson to help get the most out of Trubisky and that’s why I dont dislike this move. At the end of the day, the Browns can come away with the best defensive player/overall player in the draft by most and the best QB in the draft by most and that’s a great start for them in this draft and in the rebuilding process of their team.

6. New York Jets – OJ Howard TE Alabama: It was hard to figure out what the Jets might do because they could go in many ways. I ended up going with a player who has a great chance to be elite in the NFL and is a quarterback’s best friend/safety valve. Howard is a great run blocker, who is like an extra offensive lineman, plus he just so happens to be a great receiver. The Jets will eventually draft a QB later in this draft but whomever is starting for them this upcoming season or in the future, life will be a lot easier with Howard as a target.

7. Los Angeles Chargers – Solomon Thomas DE Stanford: This pick will either come down to Thomas, Allen, or Hooker. I chose Thomas because I think he is right behind Garrett as the best defensive lineman in the draft. He could go as high as 2nd overall to the 49ers but has fallen some due to how the board has fallen. The Chargers hit last year with the rookie defensive player of the year in Bosa and I think they will add another dangerous pass rusher in Thomas who some see a little bit of Aaron Donald in him.

8. Carolina Panthers – Christian McCaffrey HB Stanford: The guy that has been rising up fast in this draft is McCaffrey. The floor could very well be here to the Eagles. From what I was told, the ceiling is here with the Panthers. The Panthers are keeping Steward so they need another guy to compliment Steward in the running game, while being a threat in the passing game. McCaffrey is one of the best running backs in this draft, plus he is also one of the best slot receivers in this draft class as well. He is also a dynamic punt/kick returner. He is simply a 4 down player.

9. *TRADE* Tennessee Titans (from Cincinnati Bengals) – Mike Williams WR Clemson: I have the Titans trading back up after moving back earlier as they see Williams still on the board but don’t want to lose potentially to the Bills. The Titans covet Williams a lot and with them being reportedly in running for Cooks before that trade went down with the Patriots, it only makes sense they come away in the 1st round with a receiver. Williams is a big bodied receiver who will win the 50/50 consistently and just has a knack for making plays, especially against the best of the best. Mariota can use someone like that and so Im sure he will be one happy guy to see the Titans get him a new toy.

10. Buffalo Bills – Johnathan Allen DT Alabama: The Bills could go cornerback, safety, or even receiver with this pick but Ill give them the best player on the board. Allen is one of the safest players in the draft and it will be hard press to see him fall out of the top 10. The Bills have Kyle Williams who is 33 years old and they need to replace him soon with someone younger to go with Dareus on the defensive line.

11. New Orleans Saints – Malik Hooker S Ohio State:.I wanted to give the Saints Foster but I know how the Saints organization is when it comes to guys with some type of red flag. I went with Hooker here because the Saints desperately need to fix the safety position after failing with Byrd and Vaccoro hasn’t fully lived up to his 1st round potential. Hooker is the 2nd best safety in the draft behind Adams and he is a ball hawk that can cause turnovers which would be lethal for a Saints offense which will score a lot of points.

12. Cincinnati Bengals (from Cleveland Browns from Philadelphia Eagles) – Reuben Foster ILB Alabama: The Bengals trade down and still get a very good defensive player. They have shown in the past that they aren’t afraid to take chances on players who has red flags. They need to get younger at the linebacker position and Foster a top 10 talent. If his pre-draft process wasn’t horrible I could see him being a top 10 pick so the Bengals trading down and still getting the guy they could’ve gotten at pick 9 had they stayed there is a brilliant move.

13. Arizona Cardinals – Patrick Mahomes QB Texas Tech: I originally had the Cardinals picking Conley here but that was before the news came out about the accused rape charges. I think he could slide in the draft, but a team like the Cardinals still could take a chance on him at some point in the draft. With that being said, the Cardinals need to start thinking about life after Palmer. Even though Palmer came back for another season, I think this could be his last. With injuries plaguing him, Mahomes could start games sooner rather than later. Even though I really like Watson more, I think Mahomes would be perfect for Arians in his offense. This makes too much sense to me.

14. Philadelphia Eagles (from Minnesota Vikings) – Marlon Humphrey CB Alabama: If McCaffrey was still on the board, he would be the pick here and while giving them Cook is tempting, but Humphrey is a 1st round talent and they need to sure up the secondary.

15. Indianapolis Colts – Derek Barnett DE/OLB Tennessee: I originally was thinking the Colts could go Lamp here but with Barnett surprisingly still on the board, I think the Colts lean towards continuing to build their defense. They made a nice pick up late in FA by signing Hankins, but drafting Barnett will only strengthen what was a bad defense for many seasons.

16. Baltimore Ravens – Haason Reddick OLB Temple: I think the Ravens get a player that has risen up the draft boards. The Ravens need a young guy to rush the passer on defense because we see a guy like Suggs is aging and has been battling through injuries lately. Maybe its time to start thinking about the future and Reddick could be the guy to get to start that process.

17. Washington Redskins – Takkarist McKinley OLB UCLA: The Redskins want to add more pass rush to their front seven. McKinley is a 1st round talent that will fill that desire for the Redskins to add more pass rush to their defense.

18. Tennessee Titans – Charles Harris DE/OLB Missouri: After the Titans traded up to get their big playmaking receiver in Williams, they go defense with this pick. They could go cornerback here but I think they add another pass rusher. Harris is a 1st round talent that many mocks have him going anywhere from the mid to late portion of the 1st round. If the Titans do go the pass rusher route, Harris is one of the better pass rushers still left on the board.

19. Tampa Bay Buccaneers – Dalvin Cook HB Florida State: Some might not like this pick but to me I would love to see Cook with Winston. That Florida State connection is undeniable. Cook reminds me of Jamaal Charles in his prime. The Bucs would truly be getting a game-changer because every single time Cook touch the ball he is a threat to take it the distance. Having Evans and Jackson on the outside will definitely make life easier for Cook to be able to hit a lot of homeruns. This would be the perfect situation for Cook.

20. Denver Broncos – Ryan Ramcyzk OL Wisconsin: This would be a no brainer for the Broncos. They desperately need a LT that can start and stabilize that side of the line for 10+ years. This oline class is weak but Ramcyzk is one of the best in this class that will definitely go in the 1st round. The Broncos should be happy if he is here to be selected.

21. Detroit Lions – Taco Charlton DE Michigan: The Lions continue to add pass rushers to their d-line. Charlton for most people have him at his ceiling being around this spot. He can rush the passer and having him opposite of Anzah will give the Lions a boost to their pass rush.
22. Miami Dolphins – Jarred Davis ILB Florida: Davis is a prospect that many think is the best linebacker outside of Foster in this draft. The Dolphins could use an insider linebacker so I could see them targeting him if he is still on the board.

23. New York Giants – David Njoku TE Miami: To me it wouldn’t shock me if the Giants continued to fix their oline or even take Engram instead of Njoku. I like Engram more than Njoku just because Engram is more polished. I think Njoku has a ton of upside just as a pure tight end where as Engram is a tight end that is a glorified receiver. That’s not a knock on Engram but I think the Giants look at Njoku and see more of a tight end and that’s the need. If Njoku reaches his full potential he could truly be what some compare him too and that’s Jimmy Graham.

24. Oakland Raiders – Kevin King CB Washington: I think the Raiders will definitely go defense with their pick here. I look at cornerback and King is a very talented prospect who has the size and the length that will impress the Raiders enough to draft him and improve their secondary.

25. Houston Texans – DeShaun Watson QB Clemson: I think the QB pick here for the most part is Mahomes, but in my mock I have him going higher. I really like Watson the most. I think he is the best QB in the draft and I think he will thrive with the Texans as they already have the pieces in place to succeed. They just need to find a QB. Just like the Cowboys last season when they found a star in Prescott that took them to having a great season, Watson will have that same feel if he plays for the Texans. I think coach O’Brien will love to have a QB like Watson too.

26. Seattle Seahawks – Forrest Lamp OL Western Kentucky: Its no secret the Seahawks need oline help in the worst way. They need to solve their problems or else Wilson will continue to get hurt back there. Lamp is a beast and he showed it when he dominated Alabama defensive lineman in the trenches this past season in a game.

27. *TRADE* Los Angeles Rams from Kansas City Chiefs) – Corey Davis WR Western Michigan: I think at this point if I’m the Rams I would start to think about moving up to get a falling Davis. The Rams have to get Goff some weapons on offense. Sean McVay talked about getting some offensive playermakers which means receivers and tight ends. Davis is the definition of an offensive playmaker. He is the most polished receiver in the draft and most think he is the best receiver in the draft class. Getting him would solidify the Rams receiving group. They would have their #1 receiver in Davis, #2 receiver in Woods to complement Davis, and the slot guys in Tavon Austin as well as Pharoh Cooper. That’s why Davis would be worth moving up to get.

28. Dallas Cowboys – Jabrill Peppers S Michigan: I have been mocking the Cowboys to take McDowell here because they like him plus they need pass rush. I then started to think that I cant see Peppers slipping out of the 1st round. He is too talented and I don’t think his positive test will hurt him as much as some think. I do believe the Cowboys would do a move like this. Peppers is a flat out game changer and that’s what the Cowboys need on defense. They will be getting Smith from injury and to have Peppers being a threat everywhere on defense, the defense will have guys making plays on it. Not to mention that Peppers is a threat as a punt returner which will help Dak and the offense out a lot.

29. Green Bay Packers – TJ Watt OLB Wisconsin: The Packers will go after JJ Watt younger brother. Watt is one of the better pass rushing linebackers in this draft. The Packers need someone opposite of Nick Perry to help the defense get consistent pass rush. Watt certain will help do that.

30. Pittsburgh Steelers – Tre’Davious White CB LSU: To me White is a very safe prospect out of LSU. He might not be an elite cornerback but he won’t bust. He will be at best a solid #2 corner but most certainly a great corner covering the slot. He also has versatility in returning punts. I know the Steelers have Brown doing that but if I am the Steelers I wouldn’t want their newly high paid elite receiver to do that anymore.

31. Atlanta Falcons – Jordan Willis DE Kansas State: The Falcons want to continue to add pass rushers and I could see them grabbing Willis towards the end of the 1st round to give them more pass rush that they are looking for.

32. New Orleans Saints (from Patriots) – Evan Engram TE Ole Miss: The Saints could go cornerback with this pick, especially since they didn’t trade for Butler but this draft class is deep at cornerback and so they will wait till the 2nd round to draft one. As for this pick, Engram is on the rise and it wouldn’t shock me if he went higher than this. I feel like Engram is more than likely a 1st round lock now. The Saints will look at Engram and think of Graham. A guy that can play tight end but they treat more like a slot receiver. A very big slot receiver I might add. Engram is a faster and more athletic version of Jordan Reed. I think when the Saints signed Fleener they thought they were getting someone who could replace what they lost in Graham but Fleener has been up and down. He certainly hasn’t been what they wanted him to be. Fleener is a decent pass catcher but can block well in the run game. Engram is a great pass catcher but isn’t a great blocker. I think the Saints could use those two for their strengths and Engram with Brees would be lethal.
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

27. *TRADE* Los Angeles Rams from Kansas City Chiefs) – Corey Davis WR Western Michigan:

The Rams might want to, but they can't. The Rams only have two picks in the first three rounds. This would take both of them. Maybe a 2nd in 2018. Two 2nd round picks for Cory Davis? I doubt it.

It's too bad. The Chiefs would love to trade back.

J

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

31. Atlanta Falcons – Jordan Willis DE Kansas State: The Falcons want to continue to add pass rushers and I could see them grabbing Willis towards the end of the 1st round to give them more pass rush that they are looking for.

Very possible pick and 1 that could happen on draft day. Just 1 i really hope doesn't at 31. I just don't see Willis as worth the pick there compared to alot of players that are more talented coming out. Im fine trading down a bit grabbing a extra pick and taking Willis though in the 2nd round.

I actually would rather trade up a bit to say 15 if we could to get a stud like Reddick if we are lucky enough for him to drop that low Very Happy
stl4life07

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
27. *TRADE* Los Angeles Rams from Kansas City Chiefs) – Corey Davis WR Western Michigan:

The Rams might want to, but they can't. The Rams only have two picks in the first three rounds. This would take both of them. Maybe a 2nd in 2018. Two 2nd round picks for Cory Davis? I doubt it.

J

I think the Rams could. I think the Chiefs would jump at moving from 104 to 69 in the 3rd round while only moving back from 27 to 37 from the bottom of the 1st round to the top of the 2nd round. The trade value chart suggests the trade would work so unless the Chiefs would want more then I think the trade would be fair and would work for both teams.
playboi24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solid Texans pick. With Mahomes gone, it should be Watson or Cam Robinson.
ochocinco4pres

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Titans would have to give up more than that to move up. I think the Bengals would stay at 9 and take Allen or Hooker.

Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
onejayhawk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stl4life07 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

I think the Rams could. I think the Chiefs would jump at moving from 104 to 69 in the 3rd round while only moving back from 27 to 37 from the bottom of the 1st round to the top of the 2nd round. The trade value chart suggests the trade would work so unless the Chiefs would want more then I think the trade would be fair and would work for both teams.

No problem with the Chiefs side. It's the Rams using the whole first two days on a non-QB.

J

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

onejayhawk wrote:
stl4life07 wrote:
onejayhawk wrote:

J

No problem with the Chiefs side. It's the Rams using the whole first two days on a non-QB.

J

They aren't. They will be swapping 3rd round picks. They will still have a 3rd round pick they just will be moving down 35 spots in the 3rd round which is a big gap but it would be worth it for Corey Davis.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2017 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: