You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Anime/Manga Thread.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read One Piece and whatever is in Jump every week since my wife buys it, other than that, I'm basically just waiting for Ippo and Berserk to end. Laughing

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Tyty

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
I read One Piece and whatever is in Jump every week since my wife buys it, other than that, I'm basically just waiting for Ippo and Berserk to end. Laughing

I think I meant to read naruto or one piece once upon a time. Idk the difference anymore but I think naruto is the one with the doofy blonde ninja guy and one piece is like pirates or something

I loved the db/dbz manga and wanted to read more but never invested in it
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyty wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:

I think I meant to read naruto or one piece once upon a time. Idk the difference anymore but I think naruto is the one with the doofy blonde ninja guy and one piece is like pirates or something

I loved the db/dbz manga and wanted to read more but never invested in it
That's it exactly. Laughing

One Piece is the better written series but Naruto had the better fights. Apart from two instances with the main character you'd be hard pressed to find exceptional battles in One Piece. Naruto was filled with them.

At least George will leave Indy soon.
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thelonebillsfan wrote:
That works too.

What are some other things you've read? Deadman's Wonderland was a really good one.

Geek

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 10/10 animes:

Steins; Gate- You gotta love the characters and the plot is really intelligent and really ramps up the stakes. I loved the anime enough to play the VN and then play the Steins; Gate 0 VN. When Steins; Gate 0 releases later this year, be ready. It's even better (and darker) than the original.

Cowboy Bebop- Does this even need an explanation? One of the best shows of all time.

Kill la Kill - the premise is completely ridiculous but this show is one the most entertaining, over-the-top shows I've ever seen it. I loved the characters and ended up loving this show.

Also really like Black Lagoon, Fate/Stay- UBW and Zero, Re:Zero, Samurai Champloo, One-Punch man, Death Note, and FLCL.

I just started watching anime a couple months ago but managed to bing all that since starting. I'm going to watch FMA: B next.

Last edited by Geek on Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:04 am; edited 3 times in total
Thelonebillsfan

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Supersuavesky wrote:
Thelonebillsfan wrote:
That works too.

What are some other things you've read? Deadman's Wonderland was a really good one.

I tried AoT but it lost me after the last few chapters. Read all of Junji Ito's horror stuff, my wife's got a bunch of stuff (she's the big manga/anime person I just read the good stuff she has) Utena, Tokyo Ghoul, a whole bunch of the sports series so, Eyeshield and Kuroko and them.

Mob Psycho is my big thing right now, like 30 chapters in and really like it so far. But I rarely read anything proactively (seek out things rather than just read what we already have).

Adopt a Bill: WR, Robert Woods 5 rec, 86 Yards, 1 TD's
Adopt a Bill: DE/OLB, Mario Williams 8 TKLS, 4.5 Sacks, 4.5 TFL
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forge wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Use to be big on anime but the only thing I watch right now are Attack on Titan and Dragon Ball Super. Attack on Titan is an amazing show. Dragon Ball Super.. well it's frickin Dragon Ball. Not quite as good as DBZ but way better than DBGT/DB.

My favorite animes ever everyone should give a watch:

Cowboy Bebop
Death Note

^ Both of these are quite famous and anyone getting into anime should watch these.

Trigun
Black Lagoon (graphic and gorey but amazing)
Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood (a lotttt of people call this the GOAT anime.. not sure I agree with it but it's damn addicting. I binge watched the whole thing in less than a week and it's about 65 episodes).
Dragon Ball Z, everyones childhood. Probably my favorite anime ever but I would never call it the best by any means.
Inuyasha
Yu Yu Hakusho
Rurouni Kenshin

The problem with death note is that there's a specific time where that series goes downhill in my opinion. Anyone who has seen the series knows what point I'm talking about.

Funny thing about Cowboy Bebop - I have owned it on dvd (and eventually blu ray) for like 10 years now, and never watched the full series. I actually love the series, but every time I start to watch it, I get to the episode "Ballad of Fallen Angels" and say, "Yep, that's pretty much a masterpiece, not getting any better than that", so I refuse to watch past that episode Laughing I figure one day I will though.

I do love FMA: Brotherhood. It's one of my favorites (side note - have the Flamel cross tattooed on me).

With regards to movies, my all time GOAT is Ninja Scroll. Must watch for anyone. Perfect Blue is also crazy good.

Funny I just rewatched that episode with my friend last night. It's really worth getting through to the end of the series. The ending is sooooo good for Cowboy Bebop. Watch out for spoilers though.

On another note, I watched Fate/zero a couple weeks ago and I finally understood where your sig and profile picture came from. I can't wait for Heaven's Feel.
Mossburg

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really understand the hype around AoT. I guess the manga is really good? The show is really meh IMO, first half of it is just an angry kid running around and lashing out at everyone, one of the most annoying characters I've seen anywhere. The mystery is laid out in an interesting way, but all the characters, dialogue and everything is really lame. The way people talked about it I was expecting an instant classic.

D#######
iLikeDefense

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off the top of my head, some of my favorites:

DBZ
Cowboy Bepop
Naruto
Trigun
Samurai Champloo
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Code Geass 1&2
FMA: Brotherhood
Gundam Wing
Mobile Suit Gundam: 08th MS team
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress
Soul Eater
Neon Genesis Evangelion

Not a fan of (popular series):
Death Note
SAO
Tokyo Ghoul
Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu

^ Joe_is_the_best with the sig.
MikeT14

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BayRaider wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
When is AOT season 2 coming to Netflix?
Probably not any time soon. Don't even think it's been dubbed yet.

It's getting dubbed episode by episode about 3 episodes behind the japanese version. The first 7 are dubbed right now if you wanna watch them.

On what? Crunchyroll? I think I have to wait for the 'flix to get it.

What's the deal with an actual Season 2 for Seven Deadly Sins too?

- mike23md

D.C. Sports: Hope is fine, but believing is where we screw up.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
BayRaider wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
MikeT14 wrote:
When is AOT season 2 coming to Netflix?
Probably not any time soon. Don't even think it's been dubbed yet.

It's getting dubbed episode by episode about 3 episodes behind the japanese version. The first 7 are dubbed right now if you wanna watch them.

On what? Crunchyroll? I think I have to wait for the 'flix to get it.

What's the deal with an actual Season 2 for Seven Deadly Sins too?

I just torrent them but it's probably on both Funimation and Crunchyroll.
Geek

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
I don't really understand the hype around AoT. I guess the manga is really good? The show is really meh IMO, first half of it is just an angry kid running around and lashing out at everyone, one of the most annoying characters I've seen anywhere. The mystery is laid out in an interesting way, but all the characters, dialogue, and everything is really lame. The way people talked about it I was expecting an instant classic.

I feel the same. The pacing of the show really puts me off too. So much nothing happening for too long, too many time jumps where I have no idea how much time has passed, and then an episode with a ton of action all condensed into a single episode. Then repeat the cycle.

I'll give season 2 a try when it's fully released but I'm not expecting to love it or anything.
BayRaider

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you didn't like S1 you won't like S2. S2 is off to a slow start.
Deadpulse

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watch a decent amount of Anime, but I only watch the dubs and I dont read magna (I read comics, like a lot, and that monopolizes more than enough of my free time and cash, as much as I'd probably enjoy magna). I know some people prefer subs because of the original voice actors lending more to the show than the english ones but listening to japanese and reading the subs just take me out of the moment.

So my favorites are:
DB/DBZ/DBS
One Piece
Naruto
Trigun
Cowboy Bebop
FLCL
SAO I and II
Fairy Tail
Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood
Bleach
Durarara!! and x2
Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade works
Yu Yu Hakusho
'

Sigs-Taking Requests
2016 Adpot-A-Patriot: Jimmy Garropolo
70% 496yds 4 TD 0 INT 117.1 PR
Supersuavesky

PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yeah... One Piece this week was just as dark as I thought it would be.

Cannibals and child trafficking.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: