You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Transfers & Rumors XVII: Race to 100m
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:
Quote:
L'Equipe: Manchester City and Monaco agree a fee for Mendy around 57.5 million

Pep spending 130m on fullbacks

If true then Monaco will have sold Silva, Bakayoko and Mendy to City and Chelsea. Thats a serious pillaging haha.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky mark wrote:
Quote:
L'Equipe: Manchester City and Monaco agree a fee for Mendy around 57.5 million

Pep spending 130m on fullbacks

It's madness.

Stones 50m
Walker 50-55m
Mendy 50m
Danilo 30m
Ederson 35m
Bravo 18m
Otamendi 30m
Mangala 42m

And I still don't think they are solid in the back yet.
kempus

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mangala for 42 million is the biggest lolz of them all. What an absolutely atrocious deal. Pep has gone crazy on those full backs, though. Ridiculous money. Like Eagles said, I still don't think they're very good at the back Laughing

PAW

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So Neymar to P$G because they paid his dad like Barcelona originally did. I wish FIFA would ban agent fees, they're ruining the game.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PAW wrote:
So Neymar to P$G because they paid his dad like Barcelona originally did. I wish FIFA would ban agent fees, they're ruining the game.

And this is why, if they truly want Alexis then I firmly believe Wenger should take them to the cleaners. You can't argue that you "can't afford" to overpay for a player after shelling out 196m in release clause plus a sizable "agent fee" to bribe the player's father in order to grease the wheels on a single-player transfer.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arnautovic just became official with West Ham. All pundits saying we aren't done yet either Twisted Evil

#JDI
Eagles $5$

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Mangala for 42 million is the biggest lolz of them all. What an absolutely atrocious deal. Pep has gone crazy on those full backs, though. Ridiculous money. Like Eagles said, I still don't think they're very good at the back Laughing

Paying 30m for Danilo who's going to the backup RB... Laughing

And people blast Jose for not developing youth players, when Pep is way worse.
Buc Ball

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The LBC wrote:
PAW wrote:

And this is why, if they truly want Alexis then I firmly believe Wenger should take them to the cleaners. You can't argue that you "can't afford" to overpay for a player after shelling out 196m in release clause plus a sizable "agent fee" to bribe the player's father in order to grease the wheels on a single-player transfer.

There's no reason that clubs should be paying agent's fees at all and the only way to eradicate what are effectively cash grabs by "agents" is to ban agent's fees altogether.

I doubt FIFA bans them though. Besides they'll still happen and just won't be declared. Sir Alex Ferguson had it right about agents in his book - players don't need a permanent one and they don't really have the player's best interests in mind.
The LBC

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buc Ball wrote:
The LBC wrote:
PAW wrote:

There's no reason that clubs should be paying agent's fees at all and the only way to eradicate what are effectively cash grabs by "agents" is to ban agent's fees altogether.

I doubt FIFA bans them though. Besides they'll still happen and just won't be declared. Sir Alex Ferguson had it right about agents in his book - players don't need a permanent one and they don't really have the player's best interests in mind.

Of course they won't ban them; at the very least they're getting paid under the table by the major agents, but realistically FIFA/UEFA whatever you want to call it has no great interest in parity. It as interest in catering to the big-brand professional clubs (who may or may not line FIFA pockets), because on an international market big names, big brands, and most of all constantly WINNING is what draws the most money. Agent fees give a fair amount of those clubs a leg up on the competition.

MathMan wrote:
I think I'm obfuscating all over the place!
kempus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

City signing Danilo for 26 million pounds. It's wrong that I looked at that fee and thought it was alright. This summer has numbed me to transfer fees. City have spent between 125 and 130 million pounds on full backs this summer. That's just ridiculous.

ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
City signing Danilo for 26 million pounds. It's wrong that I looked at that fee and thought it was alright. This summer has numbed me to transfer fees. City have spent between 125 and 130 million pounds on full backs this summer. That's just ridiculous.

Interesting move for Danilo. Figured he'd want to go somewhere he could get more minutes. Wish him well though

BackfieldBlitz wrote:
Let that be a warning to the rest of the NFL
You don't give the ball back to Blaine Gabbert
reckless123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/24/alexis-sanchez-next-six-times-arsene-wenger-said-he-wouldnt-sell-an-arsenal-star-but-did-anyway-6800049/

Laughing

Do I think Alexis will stay? I'm leaning yeah. But that has nothing to do with what Wenger says.

Until the window is shut I'm not buying what Wenger is saying.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/24/alexis-sanchez-next-six-times-arsene-wenger-said-he-wouldnt-sell-an-arsenal-star-but-did-anyway-6800049/

Laughing

Do I think Alexis will stay? I'm leaning yeah. But that has nothing to do with what Wenger says.

Until the window is shut I'm not buying what Wenger is saying.
I don't buy anything he says after this window shuts either.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
marky mark

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't believe a word he says when it comes to transfers, but the last time we sold a star player was 5 years ago tbf. Circumstances were completely different back then. Wenger has shown he won't sell a star player when we don't need the money. Vieira tried to force a move for 5 years before we sold him to Juve. Wenger could've sold Walcott to City, United, Liverpool, or Chelsea during his contract talks. Sagna wanted to leave but we kept him until his contract ran out.
rcon14

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2017 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some idea floating around that Arsenal could match Carvalho's 45M buy-out clause and finally bring him to London. With all the talk of attackers, Arsenal really need a midfielder that can work in a 2-man if they decide to stick with the 3-4-3.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 17 of 19

Jump to: