You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Transfers & Rumors XVII: Race to £100m
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kempus

Location: An economy based on endless growth is, UNSUSTAINABLE!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
kempus wrote:
Why on Earth has John Terry joined Villa? Makes no sense from either his or Villas standpoint. In my opinion.

It actually makes a lot of sense, both from a playing standpoint and coaching standpoint.

Terry didn't want to play against Chelsea and wants to use this opportunity as a springboard to get himself into management.

Bruce wanted an experienced centre back with something left in the tank. He's also willing to bring Terry up to speed on the coaching and management side.

It's also said that Bruce's assistant was a big influence on Terry and that has also helped facilitate the deal.

Yeah, I get not wanting to play Chelsea and the coaching thing. However, I'm not sure he's even servicable anymore. Especially in such a physically demanding league as the Championship. Also, for the massive amounts he's probably earning. I believe they could find someone more suitable. I guess we will see how it unfolds.

Winner of the Soccer Forum Legend Award
texans_uk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest you're right, I said to my friend I see a Ferdinand 2.0, it's a different kettle of fish in the Championship and there's no way he can play 50+ games. Apparently he's on 60k a week which is preposterous for a CB his age in the Championship.

But I think the club and Terry are looking beyond that a bit, they will be hoping his experience and leadership will help the younger players develop and bring some presence in a tough season.

kempus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arsenal signing Lacazette for 45 million pounds potentially rising to 52 million. That's a really good piece of business imo. Cost isn't too ridiculous when considering this summers transfer fees.

kempus

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:
To be honest you're right, I said to my friend I see a Ferdinand 2.0, it's a different kettle of fish in the Championship and there's no way he can play 50+ games. Apparently he's on 60k a week which is preposterous for a CB his age in the Championship.

But I think the club and Terry are looking beyond that a bit, they will be hoping his experience and leadership will help the younger players develop and bring some presence in a tough season.

Yeah, it's difficult to put a price on how valuable having a winners mentality is. As much as I despise him, Terry has that mentality,

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kempus wrote:
Arsenal signing Lacazette for 45 million pounds potentially rising to 52 million. That's a really good piece of business imo. Cost isn't too ridiculous when considering this summers transfer fees.
I'm interested to see how he does. I don't watch enough French football to really have too strong of an opinion on him but I've read he can be quite a streaky scorer. I find it interesting that Giroud starts for France ahead of him as well.

Arsenal still have a lot of work to do in my opinion, that midfield just isn't good enough in my opinion.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice … is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

texans_uk wrote:

I agree that he was brought in more for his experience, leadership and organizational skills (from a defending standpoint) than his pure defensive talents. I think you can still possibly mask his lack of pace, which was never a strength of his, and get some decent displays from him.

The bigger shock is that he passed up an opportunity to play for legendary manager Harry Redknapp at Birmingham.

LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS

Chelsea and Roma have agreed a deal for central defender Antonio Rudiger.

We understand the fee could rise to around £34million.

From Sky Sports

Well Conte finally got his CB, Quality player who has done well at Roma.

ninerfanwheelz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Theo Hernandez officially joins Real. I saw €30 mil thrown around

BackfieldBlitz wrote:
Let that be a warning to the rest of the NFL
You don't give the ball back to Blaine Gabbert
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
kempus wrote:
I'm interested to see how he does. I don't watch enough French football to really have too strong of an opinion on him but I've read he can be quite a streaky scorer. I find it interesting that Giroud starts for France ahead of him as well.

Arsenal still have a lot of work to do in my opinion, that midfield just isn't good enough in my opinion.

As far as the national team is concerned Lacazette not playing has more to do with the way Deschamps likes to set the team up rather than him losing directly to Giroud in competition. Deschamps is insistent on playing with a target man so one of Giroud or Gignac is always playing. Lacazette's direct competition for a starting place is Griezmann and there's no shame in not starting over him.

Sounding like Lacazette will be announced today or tomorrow. Most excited I've been about a transfer since Alexis, I really think Lacazette can be a star for us. Really suits the way we ideally want to play: lots of pace, great with the ball at his feet, good one-touch passer in tight spaces, great technique, and a clinical goalscoring mentality. Basically what Wenger spent the past couple of years hoping Theo or Welbeck would turn into. Biggest weakness on his end will be his aerial ability but we've not been a team that heavily relies on aerial crossing in our attacks, which is partly why Giroud has always felt a bit like a square peg in a round hole.

Would be great to hold on to Giroud as well but with it being a World Cup year I don't see him staying if it's for a super sub role. Unless Wenger commits to a 2 striker system he's off I think with Everton, West Ham, and Marseille all interested.

Still more work to be done this summer but Kolasinac and Lacazette is good business so far. If we added nobody else and get Ozil, Alexis, and Chambo to sign new contracts, that's already a good summer. Add a central midfielder to that and it's a great summer.

Ozil seems set to stay but the other two are up in the air. I'd like to see us sign a central midfielder regardless - someone like Goretzka or Seri would be amazing. If Alexis goes the plan appears to be going hard for Lemar with Mahrez as a backup option. Need to get Alexis sorted soon either way so that we're not left scrambling at the end of the window with our top targets already spoken for as we've seen so many times in the past.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ornstein says it's done.

Quote:
David Ornstein‏
@bbcsport_david
Alexandre Lacazette has signed a 5yr contract to become Arsenal's record signing, joining from Lyon in a deal worth €53m rising to €60m #AFC

#LacaNewSigning Laughing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sigh, we go for Lukaku when we could've gotten a better striker in Lacazette.

Be Humble. Sit Down.
LuckyNumber11

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's alright you guys could be West Ham and be interested in every striker under the sun and not get any interest back

#JDI
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reckless123 wrote:
Sigh, we go for Lukaku when we could've gotten a better striker in Lacazette.
Mate, goals in France don't count.

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
LeeEvans wrote:
kempus wrote:

As far as the national team is concerned Lacazette not playing has more to do with the way Deschamps likes to set the team up rather than him losing directly to Giroud in competition. Deschamps is insistent on playing with a target man so one of Giroud or Gignac is always playing. Lacazette's direct competition for a starting place is Griezmann and there's no shame in not starting over him.

Sounding like Lacazette will be announced today or tomorrow. Most excited I've been about a transfer since Alexis, I really think Lacazette can be a star for us. Really suits the way we ideally want to play: lots of pace, great with the ball at his feet, good one-touch passer in tight spaces, great technique, and a clinical goalscoring mentality. Basically what Wenger spent the past couple of years hoping Theo or Welbeck would turn into. Biggest weakness on his end will be his aerial ability but we've not been a team that heavily relies on aerial crossing in our attacks, which is partly why Giroud has always felt a bit like a square peg in a round hole.

Would be great to hold on to Giroud as well but with it being a World Cup year I don't see him staying if it's for a super sub role. Unless Wenger commits to a 2 striker system he's off I think with Everton, West Ham, and Marseille all interested.

Still more work to be done this summer but Kolasinac and Lacazette is good business so far. If we added nobody else and get Ozil, Alexis, and Chambo to sign new contracts, that's already a good summer. Add a central midfielder to that and it's a great summer.

Ozil seems set to stay but the other two are up in the air. I'd like to see us sign a central midfielder regardless - someone like Goretzka or Seri would be amazing. If Alexis goes the plan appears to be going hard for Lemar with Mahrez as a backup option. Need to get Alexis sorted soon either way so that we're not left scrambling at the end of the window with our top targets already spoken for as we've seen so many times in the past.
I agree with Lacazette being the better forward but I just found it kind of interesting and not something you see too often. Definitely the kind of signing that Arsenal needed and not really an outrageous fee as I would have expected. He's shown his ability in the CL as well which is definitely a plus. I think he's a good signing for Arsenal but I still think they need decent investment, particularly in central midfield. Like you said, I can't see Giroud staying but if he does he would have a huge impact coming off the bench for them and would really add a big dynamic to the team.

marky mark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm excited. Lacazette is the best striker available that fits Arsenal's style of play imo.

One of Lemar/Mahrez next, apparently.
marky mark

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Guardian: Manchester United to make improved €75m (£66m) offer for Real Madrid’s Alvaro Morata

Real Madrid are holding out for €80m-€90m.

Last edited by marky mark on Wed Jul 05, 2017 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Soccer All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: