You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Big Brother 19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jasonwbantle

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
Cody is great television. Whether it be his almost psychotic personality (the one thing production is getting right is manipulating his actions with the correct music) or blowing his game up in a 40 car pileup that everyone can see coming except for him.

I think we'll see Cody, Cameron, Jillian and (Jason?) battling to get back in the house. There is an unusual Friday episode scheduled for July 21st.

7/21? How do u know?

LionsFTW wrote:
Malf really hasn't done anything outside of the first immunity challenge lol I've been disappointed. Jason has been our MVP so far.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasonwbantle wrote:
stallyns wrote:
Cody is great television. Whether it be his almost psychotic personality (the one thing production is getting right is manipulating his actions with the correct music) or blowing his game up in a 40 car pileup that everyone can see coming except for him.

I think we'll see Cody, Cameron, Jillian and (Jason?) battling to get back in the house. There is an unusual Friday episode scheduled for July 21st.

7/21? How do u know?

It was mentioned on RHAP and I confirmed it with a television app I have
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasonwbantle wrote:
MathMan wrote:
These twists are way too overpowered.

Cody got screwed.

FORCED TO NOMINATE 5 PPL IN ONE WEEK. Wow. But once Megan self evicted, he shoulda been relieved and a second come in as HOH. Thats what happened in the past. He was annoying from day one though. Hes awkward blank stares and pretend tough guy [inappropriate/removed] annoyed me anyways even if he is aligned with a super hot chick. It is annoying that they only want to bring in models for the most part now. And production rigs the game so badly now it is almost a joke with these "twists". Ugh. The game has fallen a great deal since season 6 and 7.
Actually they have zero "models" this year like they have in the past. The closest to that player they brought in was Jillian, who was one of the most boring BB players I think we have ever seen.

There looks to be way less recruits this year, and way more people who have been atleast fans of the show, plus an extra helping of super fans this year.

Sure if you just look at the houseguests, some of them look like models. But if you actually watched their interviews and the show, pretty much none of them are. Jessica has been a fan for a long time, and dumbly did exactly what she said she wouldnt (get roped into a showmance) Cody was brought in for a specific reason (he hated Paul) Mark looks like the meathead (but actually knows the game (and got into a showmance like he said he wouldnt) Matt was convinced by friends to go on and is a smart guy. Raven was cast to be a quirky one.

So like I said, maybe you can say Jillian and Elana were cast as the "model types" but not really
jasonwbantle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless- they put a massive emphasis on personal appearance over actual fans and strategists in the show. Go back n watch season. 6 and 7. Compare.

LionsFTW wrote:
Malf really hasn't done anything outside of the first immunity challenge lol I've been disappointed. Jason has been our MVP so far.
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jasonwbantle wrote:
Regardless- they put a massive emphasis on personal appearance over actual fans and strategists in the show. Go back n watch season. 6 and 7. Compare.
I know the differences from what the game was, to what it is now. But its also a Television program, they need to attract people to watch. Good Looks and Charachters do that far more than game strategy.

There is still plenty of strategy in the game, it just usually comes in the middle of the game and when we are lucky, at the end. One of the best strategists we have ever seen in Derrick was such boring TV, which is why I think many refuse to put in him the Best of the Best with Dr Will and Dan. Those two were characters on top of the game play they had, and honestly I think if we got a return of Derrick, we would see more of his personality because he doesnt have to/cant anymore hide who he is.

The only time we are ever going to get anything like the old game (which is actually like version 4 or 5 of big brother) that you are talking about, is if we ever get a true All Stars season (seems less and less likely each year) and they keep the major twists out of it. If that doesnt happen in BB20 or 21 we will never see it/
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely have Derrick up there with Dan & Will. I don't think any other player has manipulated the game their way that much. It was just pure strategical dominance.

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
I absolutely have Derrick up there with Dan & Will. I don't think any other player has manipulated the game their way that much. It was just pure strategical dominance.
I agree with you, but many people at the very least resist and some down right refuse to talk about him in the same vein ad Will & Dan. And I think that has alot to do with that if you werent all in on the strategic part, understanding everything he was manipulating, Derrick was kind of boring, while Will & Dan have always been characters.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:

I agree.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen tonights episode yet, but after reading some stuff online, it sounds like Kevin is getting a very favorable edit so far.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I hated Cody, he was just a villain, but his interview with Julie made me like him alot more. Maybe because tall we have to compare it to is Jillian's dumbfounded face.

You have to think that the Battle Back is going to be set up for Cody to win. And honestly I wouldnt hate to see Cody come back in and if he was smart enough, to covertly join forces with Paul.
Rich51

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Not that I hated Cody, he was just a villain, but his interview with Julie made me like him alot more. Maybe because tall we have to compare it to is Jillian's dumbfounded face.

You have to think that the Battle Back is going to be set up for Cody to win. And honestly I wouldnt hate to see Cody come back in and if he was smart enough, to covertly join forces with Paul.

That's what I was thinking too. The only snag is Jessica. I could almost see a Danielle-Jason (season 3) relationship where they influence both sides of the house. Problem is, imo, that as long as Cody is connected to Jessica he'll be trying to protect her and Paul, although they might team up for a while, will never trust him.
1BackInBlackFan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Christmas foot injury was pretty serious. Ten broken bones and had to use a cadaver bone. Plus she won't have full mobility in it.

Alex is a really strong competitor.

Thanks to UniversalAuthor for the Sidney Crosby sig
THE DUKE

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1BackInBlackFan wrote:
Wow, Christmas foot injury was pretty serious. Ten broken bones and had to use a cadaver bone. Plus she won't have full mobility in it.

It stinks she got injured, but she might be the most annoying person in the house imo.

Alex is great. She, Matt, and Jason are who I'm pulling for currently.

StLunatic88

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
1BackInBlackFan wrote:

It stinks she got injured, but she might be the most annoying person in the house imo.

Alex is great. She, Matt, and Jason are who I'm pulling for currently.
Christmas might be annoying, but so is Alex's stupidity. Paul is playing her like a freakin fiddle and she is completely blind to it.

Jason is even pointing out all these things to her, and she shuts him up every time and basically says "I know this game better than you"

She is going to be headed out the door quickly if Matt, Mark or Elena get a HOH in the next couple of weeks. And Paul will have no qualms cutting her loose the second that side shows they want her out.

Going for Dom is the right move this week, but she is so blind to the bigger game being played that it will probably steam roll her in a few weeks.
Rich51

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:52 pm    Post subject: , Reply with quote

^^^ i'm not sure if Paul is playing her. I think he needs somebody he can confide. The 3 showmanances are out, Kevin has no clue what he's doing, Jason isn't sneaky enough, Josh well is Josh, Ramses is too easy a target, Dom's talk show did her in, and Christmas, might have been his ride or die until the injury. That leaves Alex, a strong competitor, who is familiar with the game, and has Jason solidly behind her. If Jason, Paul and Alex get to the end both Alex and Paul would probably be wise to take Jason but that's a long way from now.

If Cody comes back in he will probably be the main target. It will be interesting to see how the house divides. I can see Matt, Raven, Mark and Elena being on the outside

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: