You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dunkirk (2017) - Nolan does it again
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Hardys plane had about 800 gallons of fuel
and unlimited ammo.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
and unlimited ammo.

you have bad opinions on things and people should continue to disregard the things you say when it comes to movies

Tom Hardy's plane had a very calculated amount of fuel and didn't use much ammo at all Laughing

damn good movie all around tho

I hate the Jaguars
El ramster

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jaguarfan wrote:
El ramster wrote:
and unlimited ammo.

you have bad opinions on things and people should continue to disregard the things you say when it comes to movies

Tom Hardy's plane had a very calculated amount of fuel and didn't use much ammo at all Laughing

it was a terrific movie.. Read baby girl. I'm just having fun..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Jaguarfan wrote:
El ramster wrote:
and unlimited ammo.

it was a terrific movie.. Read baby girl. I'm just having fun..

his whole arc was an hour Laughing

I hate the Jaguars
kyle21121

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
I saw it last night.. I left the movies with PTSD.

You straight up Cillian Murphy'd that kid on you're way out down the stairs. I seen it that is to say I saw it.

Pretty good movie overall. The Duke had a pretty good review that sums up my general thoughts.

Very enjoyable either way if for whatever reason you were on the fence just go see it.
jonu62882

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was Tom Hardy's character captured by the enemy?

Also, with mask, I couldn't help but think of Bane's voice lol.
kyle21121

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonu62882 wrote:

Yes

And I 100% agree haha
jonu62882

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
and unlimited ammo.

Even when his plane ran out of fuel, he glided his way back into action at a high altitude...lol.
jonu62882

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyle21121 wrote:
jonu62882 wrote:

Yes

And I 100% agree haha

I am wondering why he couldn't glide the plane closer to where they were escaping. He seemed pretty skilled and got the plane back into to battle when he was already out of fuel.

He always plays a boss.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE DUKE wrote:
WARNING, THE MOVIE IS OUT, SPOILERS FROM HERE ON OUT

Just got back from it. Overall it's a very good movie, but there are a few aspects of it that I had issue with.

Visually, it's just a masterpiece of cinematography and framing, nothing bad that can be said about it. Between playing with perspective and the angles, as beautifully shot a war movie that I have ever seen.

The acting was also top notch, which was needed as there was little to no character development. It's a movie that takes place purely within the moment.

I'm not really sure why Nolan went with the non-linear approach. My best guess is since they replayed moments multiple times from different vantage points of the characters it didn't flow quite as well when you tried to splice it in time. It made it a little confusing at times, but with the plot being as simple as it was, it wasn't too much of a detriment. It was a little weird going in between scenes where it was day, then the previous night, then day again, then the day before, etc... It definitely jumped around quite a bit and took me out of the moment a bit.

Not Zimmer's best score, but it did work well within the context of the film and heightened the tension.

The last five minutes of the movie with how it unfolded on the way home really tied all the various threads of the movie together, and I liked how he had Tommy read the Churchill speech from the paper with the heroic score behind him when we finally see what happens to Farrier. If the ending wasn't as good as it was, I likely would have dropped the movie a whole letter grade, but it does tie everything together, especially the more I think about it.

I'd give it a strong A-
This is an excellent summary. There were somethings I didn't particularly care for but overall I liked the movie, not as much as I was expecting but it was still a good movie.

The non-linear decision was just stupid in my opinion. There was no point to it and it just made it hard to follow for a little bit with no real gain. As you said the ending really kind of "saved" this movie. It all felt a bit disjointed and the ending tied to together nicely.

I've got some minor problems like Tom Hardy shooting down a plane with no engine and then somehow turning around and landing on the beach but those were all pretty minor. Oh and what the hell was with the guy who apparently just slept through the entire evacuation at the end?

Overall, good movie and I would recommend seeing it just since it's so different from a normal war movie but not quite up to the standard I was expecting.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my dad to see it tonight. There were a few things he liked(Tom Hardy, the one guy on the boat with the two teenage sons who went to rescue some soldiers) but overall I dont think he really liked it. Its a solid movie, but it certainly isnt fun or enjoyable. I'm not in any hurry to see this a second time. It is an experience to see it. There were parts where I felt like I was there on the beach, on sinking ships with water pouring in. It is a good movie, but if your looking for a fun time at the movies, see something else, like Baby Driver
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowler1215 wrote:
I took my dad to see it tonight. There were a few things he liked(Tom Hardy, the one guy on the boat with the two teenage sons who went to rescue some soldiers) but overall I dont think he really liked it. Its a solid movie, but it certainly isnt fun or enjoyable. I'm not in any hurry to see this a second time. It is an experience to see it. There were parts where I felt like I was there on the beach, on sinking ships with water pouring in. It is a good movie, but if your looking for a fun time at the movies, see something else, like Baby Driver

I don't think people really thought this would be a fun movie.
LeeEvans

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

O'Doyle Rules wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:

I get what he's trying to say though. It's weird having people ask you if you enjoyed the movie when it's really not the experience they want you to tonleave the theatre with. It's weird conveying that while it's a good movie it's definitely not enjoyable.

The night is dark and full of terrors.
Sacrifice is never easy, Davos. Or it is no true sacrifice.
Non-Issue

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LeeEvans wrote:
O'Doyle Rules wrote:
Bowler1215 wrote:

I get what he's trying to say though. It's weird having people ask you if you enjoyed the movie when it's really not the experience they want you to tonleave the theatre with. It's weird conveying that while it's a good movie it's definitely not enjoyable.

Example: Requiem for a Dream

Kiltman on the sig!

2016 Adopt-a-Ram Jared Goff:
Comp:99 Att:185 Yards:969 TD:5 INT:7 Rating:65.7
eagles512

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler

The only complaint for the film I had was the subplot on the civilian boat where Cilian Murphy's character accidentally pushes George and kills him. It seemed superfluous to the rest of the film. I get they were trying to make the boat scene more compelling since there wasn't much to show in the day it took them to get to Dunkirk, but this seemed clunky and it kind of took me out of it.

Also wish the film was rated R, but it still did a great job of creating suspense throughout that caused enough terror to not need to see limbs flying, blood ect.

Hardy, Branaugh and Rylance were all outstanding. I just wish we had a monologue or more exposition on Rylance's character on the boat about his experiences in the war, rather than the silly death scene.

A- Best war film I've seen in a looong time.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: