You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chester Bennington (Linkin Park Singer) Commits Suicide
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MKnight82

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:27 pm    Post subject: Chester Bennington (Linkin Park Singer) Commits Suicide Reply with quote

http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/20/linkin-park-singer-chester-bennington-dead-commits-suicide/

Another singer killed himself. Jesus what is going on?

Bruce Allen is a snake and should be fired.
HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Incredibly sad. I was never a huge Linkin Park fan, but their first two albums I really liked, and I always thought Chester Bennington was largely wasted in Linkin Park. Very, very, very sad.
O'Doyle Rules

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad that he couldn't get help. Love their old music but haven't followed them these past years. Was planning on going to their concert with blink 182 but I'm sure they gonna cancel it now. Don't think they will replace him. R.I.P
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
Incredibly sad. I was never a huge Linkin Park fan, but their first two albums I really liked, and I always thought Chester Bennington was largely wasted in Linkin Park. Very, very, very sad.

The first two records and some of the demo tapes were pretty good; I also liked Reanimation, though not everyone else did. I just think they ran out of [good] ideas. I don't know how he was wasted in Linkin Park, he helped create the band, which at one point was selling millions of records. What else more could he have done?

Just looking at their discography, all but one of their 7 records reached #1 on the US charts. But Hybrid Theory (2000) sold 11 million copies and One More Light (2017) sold 130k. The music industry is just dead.

I might have to dust off the old Hybrid Theory CD. But the entire rest of the band could die and you won't get me to listen to anything they released after 2004.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

HorizontoZenith

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:
I don't know how he was wasted in Linkin Park, he helped create the band, which at one point was selling millions of records. What else more could he have done?

I'm saying for me personally. I didn't like Linkin Park as much as I would have if he had been the only vocalist. Just saying I thoroughly enjoyed him as a vocalist, but I didn't like how his vocals were mixed with the other vocals.
Jaguarfan

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:

Just looking at their discography, all but one of their 7 records reached #1 on the US charts. But Hybrid Theory (2000) sold 11 million copies and One More Light (2017) sold 130k. The music industry is just dead.

well to be fair, One More Light is a bad album

this is super sad though. LP is a staple of edgy teenager music, and well.......we've all been there.
He was apparently super close to Chris Cornell, and today is Cornell's birthday.

I hate the Jaguars
patsfan25

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:

Get this garbage out of here.

-------------------------------------------

Chester changed the world with his voice. He helped push me to get to where I am today. Linkin Park's originality was transcendent to the music world. They are true pioneers and will go down in history.....

RIP Chester

[2015 Adopt-A-Patriot]:#17 - Aaron Dobson
Rec:13 Yards:141 TDs:0

Smack Ink
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They were just on Good Mythical Morning. Seemed like a chill dude.

Very sad, though. "In the End" is a VERY nostalgic song for me. Full of memories.

RIP Chester.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patsfan25 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

Think

I said I wasn't really a big fan and felt that I would have liked Bennington more if he wasn't in Linkin Park.
Tyty

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HorizontoZenith wrote:
patsfan25 wrote:
HorizontoZenith wrote:

Think

I said I wasn't really a big fan and felt that I would have liked Bennington more if he wasn't in Linkin Park.

You're not entitled to your own opinion. Get this garbage out of here
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm crushed. I wasn't that big of a fan of their more recent stuff, but Linkin Park has always been my favorite band and Chester will always be my favorite vocalist. Their first two CD's had so much influence on me. I've honestly had to fight back tears all day. It sucks that someone with such an influence on so many people is gone so soon.

Just goes to show money can't buy happiness, and mental health is nothing to mess with.

Thanks for the memories, Chester. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
KManX89

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, this is tragic. First Chris Cornell, now Chester Bennington.

I actually feel like I've had a piece of my childhood ripped out on this one. I remember playing Hybrid Theory on repeat during my middle school years. What made me fall in love with their earlier work, besides their (at the time) unique rap-metal style was their vocalist. The dude had such an amazing voice. Now, it'll cut deep hearing it. Sad

R.I.P.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This genuinely upsets me. LOVE hybrid theory and meteora.
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very sad news, thoughts with his family at this time.

Courtesy of an online joke search.
RuskieTitan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Chester was married with 6 children from 2 wives.

Selfish, cowardly decision to leave behind 6 kids that have to grow up without a father.

Enjoyed the early Linkin Park music, they had a couple of songs from the mid-late 2000s that I liked as well, and it's tragic that he ended his life. But I cannot imagine he considered his children's future when he decided to end his own life.

^^El ramster^^
FF Hunger Games I Winner

#JDI
FootballProdiG wrote:
Cant spell choke without OKC

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Entertainment All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: