You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Cards Steering Away from QB at #10
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
I think Ngata, Simpson, and Jacobs are three good selections. It all depends on if Denny thinks Omar can be the future quarterback.

he has been slipping thats for sure ko in the 2nd is a hope ngata well i can live with it but really would like to see someone else
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

charger-man wrote:
I think Ngata, Simpson, and Jacobs are three good selections. It all depends on if Denny thinks Omar can be the future quarterback.

Yup, it all depends on who Denny likes.
nate_1224

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think we should take young or if he is gone then trade down, to me those are the only options that make sence, if huff, davis, and hawk are gone.

Did you see the NFL draft preview on espn, that one guy said Tennesee is leaning towards young over leinart. Here is how my board looks like for the cards. (I left out the names that will be gone for sure)
-Huff
-Hawk
-Young
-Davis
-Justice
-Ngata

imo, players make the system, not the other way around. To me seeing vince young rollout and hit Fitz or Boldin on a curl route makes perfect sence to me, sounds like that would fit our system.

and lets face it were not going to be able to protect a pocket passer with our O-line, I know you guys would love to belive that Kurt Warner will just have to sit there and make short passes all day, but we dont have an O-line like he did in St Louis, Kurts going to be running for his life for 8 games, then he will get hurt, and we will need a new QB. Denny has had qbs in his system that can move around, and they excelled.

I love that when you guys cant think of any thing so say, you just go "he doesnt fit our system." lol
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
I still think we should take young or if he is gone then trade down, to me those are the only options that make sence, if huff, davis, and hawk are gone.

Did you see the NFL draft preview on espn, that one guy said Tennesee is leaning towards young over leinart. Here is how my board looks like for the cards. (I left out the names that will be gone for sure)
-Huff
-Hawk
-Young
-Davis
-Justice
-Ngata

imo, players make the system, not the other way around. To me seeing vince young rollout and hit Fitz or Boldin on a curl route makes perfect sence to me, sounds like that would fit our system.

and lets face it were not going to be able to protect a pocket passer with our O-line, I know you guys would love to belive that Kurt Warner will just have to sit there and make short passes all day, but we dont have an O-line like he did in St Louis, Kurts going to be running for his life for 8 games, then he will get hurt, and we will need a new QB. Denny has had qbs in his system that can move around, and they excelled.

I love that when you guys cant think of any thing so say, you just go "he doesnt fit our system." lol

i have lots to say but i have said 10 million times and i am tired of it

this isnt minny man its zona

did you see what happened to josn mccown that expalins something about the type of qb zona needs

i am tired of expalining sorry man i can give you 100 reasons maybe tommorrow unless you wanna look around a little they are all there
nate_1224

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:

-Huff
-Hawk
-Young
-Davis
-Justice
-Ngata

did you see what happened to josn mccown that expalins something about the type of qb zona needs

i am tired of expalining sorry man i can give you 100 reasons maybe tommorrow unless you wanna look around a little they are all there

lol, im not asking for your reasons. and all tell you why this isnt minny, its becuase minny had an O-line, and dont compare josh mccown to vince young, I know they have all the same tools, but josh is to inconsistant to be compared to vince young.

If anything saying that proves me right, josh had some great days in Arizona, if you look past the bad ones, which were his own fault, then you would see why Vince Young would do great here.

I want to thank you, you proved my point for me.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:

-Huff
-Hawk
-Young
-Davis
-Justice
-Ngata

lol, im not asking for your reasons. and all tell you why this isnt minny, its becuase minny had an O-line, and dont compare josh mccown to vince young, I know they have all the same tools, but josh is to inconsistant to be compared to vince young.

If anything saying that proves me right, josh had some great days in Arizona, if you look past the bad ones, which were his own fault, then you would see why Vince Young would do great here.I want to thank you, you proved my point for me.

ok well if you say so we'll see come draft day

peace
stchamp98

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:

-Huff
-Hawk
-Young
-Davis
-Justice
-Ngata

Thank you for proving my point actually. Players make the system, our WR's are what this team is built around, Young doesn't fit well with them. For one, he's widely mediocre accuracy wise. 2, he's extremely raw in terms of his mechanics, reading defense and playing in an offense more complicated than play-dough(he's also gonna have to learn to play from center, something Alex Smith struggled with a lot and Smith's wonderlic was a billion fafillion points higher than Youngs). His main strength's include his natural athetic ability and his big arm, 2 things this SYSTEM doesn't call for or need. At least if we drafted Cutler he could come in and play from week 1, Young might not even be ready in 2008.

Denny's previous QB's before coming to Arizona has no merit here. They had deep ball WR's, namely Randy Moss. We don't.

Anything else you want to run by me?
nate_1224

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:

-Huff
-Hawk
-Young
-Davis
-Justice
-Ngata

If anything saying that proves me right, josh had some great days in Arizona, if you look past the bad ones, which were his own fault, then you would see why Vince Young would do great here.I want to thank you, you proved my point for me.

peace

lol, you cant think of anything to say...ouch, now I kinda of feel bad.
shawn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:

-Huff
-Hawk
-Young
-Davis
-Justice
-Ngata

peace

the reason he's not saying anything is because your not making any sense, your insisting young would be a good pick but you dont understand he's not the type of qb we need.

and before you make fun of peaple because there not responding to your posts, why dont you repond to champ's post Wink
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:

-Huff
-Hawk
-Young
-Davis
-Justice
-Ngata

peace

yeah yeah very funny

i have said it a million times ok and i dont feel like saying it every single day

feel like arguing with people everyday

are you even a cards fan or are you here to argue with people ?
nate_1224

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a little of both.
gdogger76

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
a little of both.
Twisted Evil
You got spunk kid, and spunk is all you need. Way to hang in there with the odds stacked against you. I was gonna pull you from the fight since your eyes were all swelled up like Rocky on fight nite. But you just said, "Cut me, mick, cut me" and kept on fighting. Kudos kid.

BTW - Young, Cutler, and D. Williams are non-topics. Gotta fill the needs, dontcha know.
"the Cardinals need to get younger in their defensive front seven while improving their outside pass rush...they do not need to draft a quarterback early this year, but they do need to continue upgrading their offensive line." ~ Mike Sando
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
a little of both.

then you should know the reasons why then

arguing should be for the people that never seen a cards game or know the roster

arizona offensive scheme

With an offensive scheme that actually is similar to that of the St. Louis Rams, head coach Dennis Green likely will use a three-receiver, one-back package as his staple offensive formation. And while he really would like to institute a vertical passing game, all three of his young receivers -- Anquan Boldin, Larry Fitzgerald and Bryant Johnson -- lack deep speed. While they are great in their short to intermediate routes, this is not a group that is going to stretch the field, and that will make Green adjust his philosophy.
The Cardinals are talking about moving Boldin back to the slot in three-receiver sets, as he really struggled on the perimeter in 2004. When he plays inside, he can utilize his natural ability at finding hole in zones and soft coverages. He also is really good at making yards after the catch in the middle of the field.

VINCE YOUNG

Pros: A superior athlete with the height to fill out further and the speed and agility to be a huge factor outside the pocket. Clearly a prospect with the potential to become an NFL star after refinement of his rare athleticism and intangibles. He can improvise and throw on the move, and his running ability puts incredible pressure on a defense -- linebackers are not fast enough to stay with him and safeties are not big enough to take him down. A cross between Randall Cunningham and Donovan McNabb with the talent to surpass both.
Cons: As a passer, he needs extensive work in all areas to be ready to start in the NFL. During his collegiate career, his throwing mechanics were barely adequate, and with some valuable time with an NFL QB coach, he can round out his game tremendously during his rookie season. He has to be considered a developmental player. His footwork needs improvement to make quick, accurate throws, and he probably needs to sit for at least one season.
Numbers: He did not work out at the Combine. As a junior, he was 182-of-285 (63.9 percent) for 2,769 yards and 26 TDs to go with 850 yards rushing and nine TDs. His 168.6 passing efficiency rating led the nation, and he became Texas’ single-season record-holder in total offense with 3,619 yards.
Skinny: True blue-chip prospect with potential to become the premier passer in the NFL, but needs the critical time and proper setting to develop in that system after a shortened college career. Young may have the highest ceiling of any prospect in this draft class, but his early production could be a major disappointment following his expected Top-10 selection.
Barnett56

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish we would take a quarterback in this year's draft especially if Young is there. Just imagine if Michael Vick were drafted into a system like the Cardinal's. An established runningback, two great wide recievers. The only drawback would be that he wouldn't have an O-line. So I guess in the end, Winston Justice is the right pick.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
I wish we would take a quarterback in this year's draft especially if Young is there. Just imagine if Michael Vick were drafted into a system like the Cardinal's. An established runningback, two great wide recievers. The only drawback would be that he wouldn't have an O-line. So I guess in the end, Winston Justice is the right pick.

Vick would pop like a nickel balloon here. Everything he does well wouldn't be done here.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: