You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Jay Cutler question?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Olympia Martin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Jay Cutler question? Reply with quote

Everything i keep hearing is that Dennis Green is hoping that one of the three QB's falls to Arizona at #10. And then everything in this forum contradicts those statements. Im hearing this from NFL Network and Adam Schefter, and ESPN radio with John Clayton and Mel Kiper. Is there any truth to this or is it a smoke screen to try and have a team trade up to 10 to get Cutler as he is the likely guy to slip over Young.

I know its that time for smokescreens like Tennessee wants Young and N.O. is bringing in Leinart, but Arizona picking Cutler at 10 seems to really be surfacing into a strong possibility.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the last thing i heard dennis green NEVER said that he wanted to bring in a QB.....Rod Graves was quoted saying that if VY fell he would pick him up at the airport....DG has recently sadi that rod was out of line....and that his first round pick is a guy who will start and help the team from day 1. VY and Cutler are not there guy.....clayton adn mayock and kiper are pretty much like us the dont really have inside sources that are high up in NFL teams they are really just paid to do what we do on these forums.....

ans 2nd Cutler is a QB the doesnt fit the system denny is running

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Khodder nailed everything.

Props to #Uno# on the sig

Cincinnati Cyclones 2009-2010 ECHL Champions

Supersuavesky wrote:
I agree with the Tebow comments. He's never been a great college player
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup, Khodder nailed everything.
Olympia Martin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the input. I just realized that they passed on Aaron Rodgers last year so why waste the same type of pick on Cutler. Just doesnt make much sense.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The more I think about it guys the more I LIKE us drafting Jay Cutler for 3 reasons.

1. QB is a gigantic need.
2. No one can doubt the intangibles Jay Cutler has. He plays like a caged lion out there and he's used to getting beat on. That could come in handy here! Plus, he played in under center in an NFL style offense and could come in and start if needed. No chance Young does that.
3. And the biggest reason of all, Cutler doesn't fit the offense. Now I know what your thinking, champ you've lost your mind. Lay off the booze, it's noon for heaven's sakes BUT the fact that Cutler doesn't fit the offense means he's a project, a work in progress. Ifd we draft a guy like that, it'll be 1-2 years before he see's the field ad there's no way Denny can retire before seeing his prime draft pick play. Anything we can do to keep Denny Green in Arizona, we need to do it!
BatCountry!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
the last thing i heard dennis green NEVER said that he wanted to bring in a QB.....Rod Graves was quoted saying that if VY fell he would pick him up at the airport....DG has recently sadi that rod was out of line....and that his first round pick is a guy who will start and help the team from day 1. VY and Cutler are not there guy.....clayton adn mayock and kiper are pretty much like us the dont really have inside sources that are high up in NFL teams they are really just paid to do what we do on these forums.....

ans 2nd Cutler is a QB the doesnt fit the system denny is running

DG blowing smoke with that statement? Just a possibility. It's not like you guys don't have a need for a future starting QB.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

His remark was made in early February about our 1st rounder needing to start. Not sure if he'd blow smoke 2 months early........before workouts...
shawn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
The more I think about it guys the more I LIKE us drafting Jay Cutler for 3 reasons.

1. QB is a gigantic need.
2. No one can doubt the intangibles Jay Cutler has. He plays like a caged lion out there and he's used to getting beat on. That could come in handy here! Plus, he played in under center in an NFL style offense and could come in and start if needed. No chance Young does that.
3. And the biggest reason of all, Cutler doesn't fit the offense. Now I know what your thinking, champ you've lost your mind. Lay off the booze, it's noon for heaven's sakes BUT the fact that Cutler doesn't fit the offense means he's a project, a work in progress. Ifd we draft a guy like that, it'll be 1-2 years before he see's the field ad there's no way Denny can retire before seeing his prime draft pick play. Anything we can do to keep Denny Green in Arizona, we need to do it!

im still against bringing him here, i dont want to waste the number 10 pick on someone who might never be able to learn our system, i'd rather get someone like drew olson in the 6th because him and warner have a lot in common and would be a great project for us.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that he doesn't really fit the system in that his main talents would never be used here.

I'm still against it but I'd much rather we take Cutler than Young and Cutler does have a lot of value at the 10 spot.
MetalHerzeleid

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally I'd wait till next year. If Drew Stanton comes out he should be our pick. That guy can take an [inappropriate/removed] whipping and come back for more.
Matt6233

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've wanted the Cardinals to draft a QB in the 1st round since I joined this forum. I was listening to the Radio and Denny Green said he will pick the best player available regardless of position. Vince Young pretty much won the Rose Bowl for his team so if he was at 10 I wouldn't be suprised seeing him drafted. Same with Jay Culter except he wasn't in the Rose Bowl. Also for people saying they won't be able to learn are system it's part of the NFL to learn new offences.
shawn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
It's not that he doesn't really fit the system in that his main talents would never be used here.

I'm still against it but I'd much rather we take Cutler than Young and Cutler does have a lot of value at the 10 spot.

i would take cutler before young to, because cutler seems a little smarter when it comes to reading a defense and he has better accuracy, but i would take michael huff, vernon davis, winston justice, and ernie sims before both of them.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt6233 wrote:
I've wanted the Cardinals to draft a QB in the 1st round since I joined this forum. I was listening to the Radio and Denny Green said he will pick the best player available regardless of position. Vince Young pretty much won the Rose Bowl for his team so if he was at 10 I wouldn't be suprised seeing him drafted. Same with Jay Culter except he wasn't in the Rose Bowl. Also for people saying they won't be able to learn are system it's part of the NFL to learn new offences.

Yes and there's a reason guys like Timmy Chang and Drew Henson aren't in the NFL, they struggles learning new offenses. Young went from the shotgun nearly 90% of the time in Texas and played an offense as difficult as most junior high schools. If you think he'll be able to come right in and play here, you haven't seen much NFL football.
06cardsbaby

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agreed with everything stchamp said. Who cares if cutler is not our type of qb because he would learn behind warner for atleast a year. Also people always bring up he did not have a good completion ratio in college so what he was on a horrible team and it would be a little different throwing to q and fitz and edge running the ball. Come on now lets be realistic we need a QB for the FUTURE and we don't need a spectacular qb to have success. How many teams have great qb's in the league. So in conclusion if culter or young is there at number 10 we better take one.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: