You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.


 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who would you pick if...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23298
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
Who would you take if the Bills choose Justice with the 8th pick?

then we take chad greenway or ernie simms
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23298
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgy_dink wrote:
B0sell1 wrote:
I'd take Leonard Pope................. Can never have enough offensive targets for Warner
I'm all for taking Pope, at #41, not at #10...
Justice would be great, if he were gone we'd have to look at Ngata maybe J Williams or a trade down, but QB is a big need and Cutler might just be brought in to learn the ropes from Warner... unfortunately it's looking more and more like we need to fill our QB need in the draft as we haven't signed or traded for a vet...


ko simpson seems like a given at 41 he is mopre likely then our first rounder
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nate_1224


Joined: 26 Mar 2006
Posts: 45
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we could trade down, and still get etheir of them at 17, so I guess if justice isnt there, and noone falls, then we trade down.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
B0sell1


Joined: 10 Jan 2006
Posts: 399
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgy_dink wrote:
B0sell1 wrote:
I'd take Leonard Pope................. Can never have enough offensive targets for Warner
I'm all for taking Pope, at #41, not at #10...
Justice would be great, if he were gone we'd have to look at Ngata maybe J Williams or a trade down, but QB is a big need and Cutler might just be brought in to learn the ropes from Warner... unfortunately it's looking more and more like we need to fill our QB need in the draft as we haven't signed or traded for a vet...


Sorry, I meant take him in the 2nd round.... Not 1st, that would be insaine
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 55189
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually we've been in ongoing discussions with FA QB Kerry Collins, who said he wanted to wait until after the draft to make his decision.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nate_1224


Joined: 26 Mar 2006
Posts: 45
PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Actually we've been in ongoing discussions with FA QB Kerry Collins, who said he wanted to wait until after the draft to make his decision.


he doesnt want to be a back-up... he will go wereever mcnair doest go. Plus 2 old QBs will not be good for our future, it would defenitly help us next year, but would stunt our growth as a franchise, we need a young qb that can learn from Warner, like bulger, and eli did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 55189
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Actually we've been in ongoing discussions with FA QB Kerry Collins, who said he wanted to wait until after the draft to make his decision.


he doesnt want to be a back-up... he will go wereever mcnair doest go. Plus 2 old QBs will not be good for our future, it would defenitly help us next year, but would stunt our growth as a franchise, we need a young qb that can learn from Warner, like bulger, and eli did.


Actually, he's said in numerous interview that he'd take any role he could and that he wants to play for a contender.(which he also said Arizona is when asked)

Also, Warner didn't teach Eli or Bulger. They're step into the lime-light led to the departure of Warner on both occasions. As Warner said in a recent interview, we need a player who can help this team in 2006. No QB outside of Peyton Manning would do that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23298
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Actually we've been in ongoing discussions with FA QB Kerry Collins, who said he wanted to wait until after the draft to make his decision.


he doesnt want to be a back-up... he will go wereever mcnair doest go. Plus 2 old QBs will not be good for our future, it would defenitly help us next year, but would stunt our growth as a franchise, we need a young qb that can learn from Warner, like bulger, and eli did.


how does having a proven back up if warner gets injured gonna hurt the franchise

having josn mc clown come in when warner was injured was doomsday and he was a young qb glad he is gone and i hopoe we get kerry collins and draft a good young late round qb
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 55189
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, we're all acting as if we couldn't live without a rookie QB this year. Has anybody taken a glance a next years QB draft??? Pretty loaded.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23298
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Plus, we're all acting as if we couldn't live without a rookie QB this year. Has anybody taken a glance a next years QB draft??? Pretty loaded.


yes i have and its possible to get a very good prospect low in the draft
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nate_1224


Joined: 26 Mar 2006
Posts: 45
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Actually we've been in ongoing discussions with FA QB Kerry Collins, who said he wanted to wait until after the draft to make his decision.


he doesnt want to be a back-up... he will go wereever mcnair doest go. Plus 2 old QBs will not be good for our future, it would defenitly help us next year, but would stunt our growth as a franchise, we need a young qb that can learn from Warner, like bulger, and eli did.


Actually, he's said in numerous interview that he'd take any role he could and that he wants to play for a contender.(which he also said Arizona is when asked)

Also, Warner didn't teach Eli or Bulger. They're step into the lime-light led to the departure of Warner on both occasions. As Warner said in a recent interview, we need a player who can help this team in 2006. No QB outside of Peyton Manning would do that.


I never heard that one, guess im wrong, but I still dont think we should pick him up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nate_1224


Joined: 26 Mar 2006
Posts: 45
PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Actually we've been in ongoing discussions with FA QB Kerry Collins, who said he wanted to wait until after the draft to make his decision.


he doesnt want to be a back-up... he will go wereever mcnair doest go. Plus 2 old QBs will not be good for our future, it would defenitly help us next year, but would stunt our growth as a franchise, we need a young qb that can learn from Warner, like bulger, and eli did.


how does having a proven back up if warner gets injured gonna hurt the franchise

having josn mc clown come in when warner was injured was doomsday and he was a young qb glad he is gone and i hopoe we get kerry collins and draft a good young late round qb


haha...Please read my whole post, it says "it would defenitly help us next year, but would stunt our growth as a franchise."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23298
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="nate_1224"]
stchamp98 wrote:
Actually we've been in ongoing discussions with FA QB Kerry Collins, who said he wanted to wait until after the draft to make his decision.


he doesnt want to be a back-up... he will go wereever mcnair doest go. Plus 2 old QBs will not be good for our future, it would defenitly help us next year













but would stunt our growth as a franchise, we need a young qb that can learn from Warner, like bulger, and eli did.[/quote

thats what i read there ??????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 55189
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Actually we've been in ongoing discussions with FA QB Kerry Collins, who said he wanted to wait until after the draft to make his decision.


he doesnt want to be a back-up... he will go wereever mcnair doest go. Plus 2 old QBs will not be good for our future, it would defenitly help us next year, but would stunt our growth as a franchise, we need a young qb that can learn from Warner, like bulger, and eli did.


Actually, he's said in numerous interview that he'd take any role he could and that he wants to play for a contender.(which he also said Arizona is when asked)

Also, Warner didn't teach Eli or Bulger. They're step into the lime-light led to the departure of Warner on both occasions. As Warner said in a recent interview, we need a player who can help this team in 2006. No QB outside of Peyton Manning would do that.


I never heard that one, guess im wrong, but I still dont think we should pick him up.


It's been reported by ESPN numerous times and his first choice was Baltimore where he said he would enjoy playing second fiddle to Kyle Boller.

I don't think waiting till next years draft hurts us one bit.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
#1CARDSFAN


Joined: 18 Jan 2006
Posts: 23298
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
Actually we've been in ongoing discussions with FA QB Kerry Collins, who said he wanted to wait until after the draft to make his decision.


he doesnt want to be a back-up... he will go wereever mcnair doest go. Plus 2 old QBs will not be good for our future, it would defenitly help us next year, but would stunt our growth as a franchise, we need a young qb that can learn from Warner, like bulger, and eli did.


Actually, he's said in numerous interview that he'd take any role he could and that he wants to play for a contender.(which he also said Arizona is when asked)

Also, Warner didn't teach Eli or Bulger. They're step into the lime-light led to the departure of Warner on both occasions. As Warner said in a recent interview, we need a player who can help this team in 2006. No QB outside of Peyton Manning would do that.


I never heard that one, guess im wrong, but I still dont think we should pick him up.


It's been reported by ESPN numerous times and his first choice was Baltimore where he said he would enjoy playing second fiddle to Kyle Boller.

I don't think waiting till next years draft hurts us one bit.


i dont either a suitable back up will be nice though get rid of rohan davey keep john navarre as the 3rd stringer and get a better back up
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group