You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who would you pick if...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
Who would you take if the Bills choose Justice with the 8th pick?

then we take chad greenway or ernie simms
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgy_dink wrote:
B0sell1 wrote:
I'd take Leonard Pope................. Can never have enough offensive targets for Warner
I'm all for taking Pope, at #41, not at #10...
Justice would be great, if he were gone we'd have to look at Ngata maybe J Williams or a trade down, but QB is a big need and Cutler might just be brought in to learn the ropes from Warner... unfortunately it's looking more and more like we need to fill our QB need in the draft as we haven't signed or traded for a vet...

ko simpson seems like a given at 41 he is mopre likely then our first rounder
nate_1224

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we could trade down, and still get etheir of them at 17, so I guess if justice isnt there, and noone falls, then we trade down.
B0sell1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgy_dink wrote:
B0sell1 wrote:
I'd take Leonard Pope................. Can never have enough offensive targets for Warner
I'm all for taking Pope, at #41, not at #10...
Justice would be great, if he were gone we'd have to look at Ngata maybe J Williams or a trade down, but QB is a big need and Cutler might just be brought in to learn the ropes from Warner... unfortunately it's looking more and more like we need to fill our QB need in the draft as we haven't signed or traded for a vet...

Sorry, I meant take him in the 2nd round.... Not 1st, that would be insaine
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually we've been in ongoing discussions with FA QB Kerry Collins, who said he wanted to wait until after the draft to make his decision.
nate_1224

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Actually we've been in ongoing discussions with FA QB Kerry Collins, who said he wanted to wait until after the draft to make his decision.

he doesnt want to be a back-up... he will go wereever mcnair doest go. Plus 2 old QBs will not be good for our future, it would defenitly help us next year, but would stunt our growth as a franchise, we need a young qb that can learn from Warner, like bulger, and eli did.
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

he doesnt want to be a back-up... he will go wereever mcnair doest go. Plus 2 old QBs will not be good for our future, it would defenitly help us next year, but would stunt our growth as a franchise, we need a young qb that can learn from Warner, like bulger, and eli did.

Actually, he's said in numerous interview that he'd take any role he could and that he wants to play for a contender.(which he also said Arizona is when asked)

Also, Warner didn't teach Eli or Bulger. They're step into the lime-light led to the departure of Warner on both occasions. As Warner said in a recent interview, we need a player who can help this team in 2006. No QB outside of Peyton Manning would do that.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

how does having a proven back up if warner gets injured gonna hurt the franchise

having josn mc clown come in when warner was injured was doomsday and he was a young qb glad he is gone and i hopoe we get kerry collins and draft a good young late round qb
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plus, we're all acting as if we couldn't live without a rookie QB this year. Has anybody taken a glance a next years QB draft??? Pretty loaded.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Plus, we're all acting as if we couldn't live without a rookie QB this year. Has anybody taken a glance a next years QB draft??? Pretty loaded.

yes i have and its possible to get a very good prospect low in the draft
nate_1224

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

Actually, he's said in numerous interview that he'd take any role he could and that he wants to play for a contender.(which he also said Arizona is when asked)

Also, Warner didn't teach Eli or Bulger. They're step into the lime-light led to the departure of Warner on both occasions. As Warner said in a recent interview, we need a player who can help this team in 2006. No QB outside of Peyton Manning would do that.

I never heard that one, guess im wrong, but I still dont think we should pick him up.
nate_1224

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

how does having a proven back up if warner gets injured gonna hurt the franchise

having josn mc clown come in when warner was injured was doomsday and he was a young qb glad he is gone and i hopoe we get kerry collins and draft a good young late round qb

haha...Please read my whole post, it says "it would defenitly help us next year, but would stunt our growth as a franchise."
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="nate_1224"]
stchamp98 wrote:

he doesnt want to be a back-up... he will go wereever mcnair doest go. Plus 2 old QBs will not be good for our future, it would defenitly help us next year

but would stunt our growth as a franchise, we need a young qb that can learn from Warner, like bulger, and eli did.[/quote

thats what i read there ??????
stchamp98

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

I never heard that one, guess im wrong, but I still dont think we should pick him up.

It's been reported by ESPN numerous times and his first choice was Baltimore where he said he would enjoy playing second fiddle to Kyle Boller.

I don't think waiting till next years draft hurts us one bit.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
nate_1224 wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:

It's been reported by ESPN numerous times and his first choice was Baltimore where he said he would enjoy playing second fiddle to Kyle Boller.

I don't think waiting till next years draft hurts us one bit.

i dont either a suitable back up will be nice though get rid of rohan davey keep john navarre as the 3rd stringer and get a better back up

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: