You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ernie Sims or Winston Justice?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you take?
Ernie Sims
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Winston Justice
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

TellMeWhenToGo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:53 am    Post subject: Ernie Sims or Winston Justice? Reply with quote

Both are projected to be around the Cardinals pick. The are the probably the best fits for the team and would enhance the side of the ball they play for.

Ernie Sims-smallish linebacker in the Derrick Brooks mold. A playmaker with tons of potential that the Cardinals are known to like. Fits the Cover 2 scheme that the Cardinals employ as a weakside linebacker to compliment Karlos Dansby. Has had a concussion in his past which led to some missed playing time. Had an off-the-field incident but his overall character isn't hurt by it. Sometimes overplays the run but that is a testimony of how hard he works.

Winston Justice-great size for a tackle. His athleticism translates to enormous potential. Versatile enough to play left or right tackle. Great as a pass blocker and is a big reason for the accolades Reggie Bush won as a run blocker. Has had a shoulder problem in his past. Several maturity issues which could become cancerous to the team.

In my opinion, I would take Ernie Sims. Think about our front 7. It would help our young secondary a lot.

Sims Darling (MLB could be improved) Dansby
Berry Clancy Dockett Okeafor

On the other hand, there is Winston who is not a bad pick. The maturity issue raise some red flags. I like what the Cardinals are building. They don't have any me-first players or people with off-the-field issues.

Davis Wells Stepanovich E./M. Brown Justice

or it could look like this but a shift is unlikely

Justice Wells Stepanovich Davis Ross
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I voted Sims for reasons I've already posted.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a tough choice very tough they both are so good

gonna go with lb then fs in the second and then o line in the 3rd
Cardinalsfan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to go with Justice.

Props to #Uno# on the sig

Cincinnati Cyclones 2009-2010 ECHL Champions

Supersuavesky wrote:
I agree with the Tebow comments. He's never been a great college player
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1-

That situation would ideal. Sims, Simpson and Kevin Boothe would be an amazing day 1.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1-

That situation would ideal. Sims, Simpson and Kevin Boothe would be an amazing day 1.

yes sounds very good maybe an oc will fall too in the 3rd either way i am happy
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boothe can play center, guard and tackle.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

oh ok i thought he only played guard
gdogger76

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...this would be a tough choice, but I would still go with Justice in this situation. His selection would show our committment to improving the run. His addition to the line would be an infusion of young talent and would provide flexibility for Loney to work his magic. A solid running game helps the defense perform better by increasing the time of possession. We can get defensive help in the later rounds and free agency. MCINTOSH, WATKINS, and LEON WILLIAMS, please. What do guys think of Freddie Roach in later rounds. As for character, DG brought in Dockett when he had red flags for character.
"the Cardinals need to get younger in their defensive front seven while improving their outside pass rush...they do not need to draft a quarterback early this year, but they do need to continue upgrading their offensive line." ~ Mike Sando
stchamp98

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdogger76 wrote:
...this would be a tough choice, but I would still go with Justice in this situation. His selection would show our committment to improving the run. His addition to the line would be an infusion of young talent and would provide flexibility for Loney to work his magic. A solid running game helps the defense perform better by increasing the time of possession. We can get defensive help in the later rounds and free agency. MCINTOSH, WATKINS, and LEON WILLIAMS, please. What do guys think of Freddie Roach in later rounds. As for character, DG brought in Dockett when he had red flags for character.

Yeah but Dockett wasn't suspended from his college team, big difference.

Tackle depth is a lot, lot better in this draft than LB depth. Guys like Jeremy Trueblood, Andrew Whitworth, Daryn Colledge, Kevin Boothe and Jon Scott all are much better value picks than the defensive player you mentioned, and those are just the tackles.
Mel_Kiper_JR

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Draft sims and go for O-line in the 2nd and 3rd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind Sims in the first but then we should probably go Saftey in the 2nd because Huff is the only one in the 1st tier of safties but then the 2nd tier of safties include Simpson, Allen, Whitner, and Bullocks. 2 or 3 of those names should be there in the 2nd and all can be starting FS. Jonathon Scott and Kevin Boothe should be there in the 3rd but Chris Chester is another option and he is rising fast.
TellMeWhenToGo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:

I thought Boothe was a four tool player meaning he can play both guard and tackle spots.
TellMeWhenToGo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gdogger76 wrote:

You make a good point about showing commitment to the run game.
TellMeWhenToGo

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
#1-

I'd like that draft. Hopefully we could Devin Hester or Omar Jacobs could drop to us in the fourth. Hakim isn't officially with the team yet.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: