You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ernie Sims or Winston Justice?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who would you take?
Ernie Sims
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Winston Justice
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Barnett56

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just recently read a scout say that Ernie Sims is always around the ball, but he always gets there late and he never really makes any big plays.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mel_Kiper_JR wrote:
Draft sims and go for O-line in the 2nd and 3rd

fs in the sercond and o line in the 3rd and maybe the 6th please
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnett56 wrote:
I've just recently read a scout say that Ernie Sims is always around the ball, but he always gets there late and he never really makes any big plays.

i have read numerous articles on him but havent seen him play much

but from what i have read he is always around the ball thats how he compensates for his smallish stature by being a ball hawk

he isnt rising because of his heighth and weight he is very fast and must have great instincts
dodgy_dink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sims would be a great pick - he perfectly fills our need on the weakside... But I voted for Justice as I think our O-Line is in greater need of quality improvement - Justice easily ranks as the #2 tackle (#1 RT) in the draft and will help us to get the most out of our latest investment - the Edge.

Also, to contradict Champ, I think that LB has just as good depth (if not better) than Tackle/Oline in this draft... guys like Alston, Hodge, Wilkinson, Leon Williams, Havner, Nande, Nicholson and Kai Parham could be had from rounds 3 to 5 and would contribute this year (on ST at very the least)... (I know I've included both ILB and OLB prospects but there's some room for flexibility in that list and our roster...)
also our linebacking wasn't disastrous last year (only WLB was weak...) especially compared to the inept OLine...
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgy_dink wrote:
Sims would be a great pick - he perfectly fills our need on the weakside... But I voted for Justice as I think our O-Line is in greater need of quality improvement - Justice easily ranks as the #2 tackle (#1 RT) in the draft and will help us to get the most out of our latest investment - the Edge.

Also, to contradict Champ, I think that LB has just as good depth (if not better) than Tackle/Oline in this draft... guys like Alston, Hodge, Wilkinson, Leon Williams, Havner, Nande, Nicholson and Kai Parham could be had from rounds 3 to 5 and would contribute this year (on ST at very the least)... (I know I've included both ILB and OLB prospects but there's some room for flexibility in that list and our roster...)
also our linebacking wasn't disastrous last year (only WLB was weak...) especially compared to the inept OLine...

Half of those guys will never see an NFL snap at weakside and Nande, Nicholson, Williams and Parham are all considered 2nd tier day 1/day 2 picks. I'd can 10 tackles right now with higher value and higher day 1 draftability.
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
dodgy_dink wrote:

Half of those guys will never see an NFL snap at weakside and Nande, Nicholson, Williams and Parham are all considered 2nd tier day 1/day 2 picks. I'd can 10 tackles right now with higher value and higher day 1 draftability.

it really is very close thats for sure both have good depth
dodgy_dink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
dodgy_dink wrote:

Hey - I'm glad that most of our needs (OT,FS,TE,OLB) have good overall depth.. My point is that I'd prefer to take an elite tackle like Justice first and then settle for a contributor at LB who could surprise in rounds 3-5... (leaving rnd 2/3 open for FS or TE)

Alston and Nande are similar kinds of players to Sims and might be there in rounds 3 or 4 - good options if we pass on Sims #10... While the other LBs on my list might not all play the weakside, they'd be contributors at least and show the general depth of LB in this draft in rounds 3-5...
#1CARDSFAN

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgy_dink wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
dodgy_dink wrote:

Hey - I'm glad that most of our needs (OT,FS,TE,OLB) have good overall depth.. My point is that I'd prefer to take an elite tackle like Justice first and then settle for a contributor at LB who could surprise in rounds 3-5... (leaving rnd 2/3 open for FS or TE)

Alston and Nande are similar kinds of players to Sims and might be there in rounds 3 or 4 - good options if we pass on Sims #10... While the other LBs on my list might not all play the weakside, they'd be contributors at least and show the general depth of LB in this draft in rounds 3-5...

if alston gets by the 2nd round it will be the biggest heist since the brinks robbery

havner and gaiter in the 3rd look good to me
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dodgy_dink wrote:
#1CARDSFAN wrote:
stchamp98 wrote:
dodgy_dink wrote:

I will give you this, more 2nd-5th round LB's make a bigger difference in the NFL than tackles that go in that range do.

Tatupu, Crowder, Thurman and that was just last years crop.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: