Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Trent Richardson was suspended for AFC Championship game

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 1:50 pm    Post subject: Trent Richardson was suspended for AFC Championship game Reply with quote

http://www.stampedeblue.com/2015/1/23/7878173/trent-richardson-was-suspended-by-the-colts

Damn well guaranteed that he won't be back at this point.

Another point from that Grigson presser was that Bjorn Werner wasn't inactive due to being unproductive or disciplinary. Grigson actually said he wasn't 100% healthy and they wanted him to rest.

Odd that he wasn't listed on the injury report going into either the divisional round or AFCCG. Werner had been dealing with a shoulder issue going into the playoffs though and caused him to miss the Titans game. Grigson was very high on him during his presser. Seems like they really still like him as the future starting SLB.
bzane

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suspended, hunh?

Gee- given everything that Trent's done- or not done- in his time with the Colts, "suspended" sounds a lot more believable than mysterious "family matters"; a close relative seriously ill; his mother passing away; Trent having to rush to the bedside of his dying girlfriend, Lennay Kekua, whom he knew only through the Internet……..

Just more nonsense in the ongoing bizarre saga of Trent "Two Firsts" Richardson, and his loyal and gullible fans, with the Colts.
tom cody

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The quicker this team can get rid of Trent Richardson the better.
stallyns

Global Moderator
FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2015 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been reading on twitter suggestions that legalize in TRich's contract (i.e. signed w/ the Browns) might make it possible that the team can release him on the grounds of 'conduct detrimental to the team' and de-activate the guaranteed portion of his 2015 salary. Meaning no cap ramifications.

Meanwhile, Stephen Holder still insists that the family emergency story is legit but that the mother's death was not true.
Rd1:29 Phillip Dorsett WR Miami
Rd3:65 D'Joun Smith CB Florida Atl
Rd3:93 Henry Anderson DE Stan
Rd4:109 Clayton Geathers S Cent Flor
Rd5:151 David Parry NT Stan
Rd 6 HB Josh Robinson, ILB Amarlo Herrera
Rd 7 OT Denzelle Goode
bzane

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:
I've been reading on twitter suggestions that legalize in TRich's contract (i.e. signed w/ the Browns) might make it possible that the team can release him on the grounds of 'conduct detrimental to the team' and de-activate the guaranteed portion of his 2015 salary. Meaning no cap ramifications.

Meanwhile, Stephen Holder still insists that the family emergency story is legit but that the mother's death was not true.

That being the case, then, presumably, the details of this purported family emergency will soon be revealed, in these times of unrelenting media scrutiny, indiscreet social-media networking, etc.; and that the matter will be of greater substance than Trent's second-cousin D' Qwell D' Uprising-Bumphus having been jailed in Cluster-Fork, Alabama, after being pulled over at 3:00 AM and charged with driving 110 mph in a 40-mph zone, driving an uninsured vehicle turning out not to belong to him, in possession of 300 kilos of cocaine, firing off random shots from an unregistered firearm into the night air, and telling the police his name was Langston Hughes.

Trent, then (in this putative scenario) was compelled to miss the AFC Championship game on account of having to catch the red-eye to Alabama to free his relative on $20,000 bail he scraped together.

Doubtless his absence from the AFC Championship game will be proven to have had nothing to do with his ruinously-unproductive running, and offended pouting over his diminishing status with the Colts.
Colton

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stallyns wrote:

https://twitter.com/corryjoel/status/560096240159842304

Quote:
I've confirmed that Trent Richardson's suspension for conduct detrimental voids the guarantees of his $3,184,062 2015 base salary.

Basically, he gone.

Sounds like whoever was Holder's source was trying to protect Richardson, which can be a problem when you're using unnamed sources. Makes the reporter look bad when it's wrong.
wayne87reggie

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is a classless move by the franchise personally.

give the guy his money.

Colts Roster/Cap 2015-2018
tom cody

PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meh, can't believe we gave up a #1 pick for him.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Indianapolis Colts All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: