Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Minnesota Golden Gophers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Vikefan79 wrote:
Supersuavesky wrote:
The faster you bench Gray the better you'll be.

I wouldn't mind that. I'm a big Max Shortell fan.

I think the Gopher future is bright with Shortell, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't like Mitch Leidner.

My brother plays for Leidner's rival school so I've seen him play twice. Kid has great size at 6'4 220 with a cannon arm. He was impressive to watch live. I love the direction the Gophers are heading.

The battle between Shortell, Leidner and Nelson next year is going to be interesting, to say the least. I'd still give the advantage to Shortell...and it appears that Leidner is ahead of Nelson at this point, but who's to say what happens between now and then.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It's the nature of a coach, particularly one with a rebuilding job as big as Jerry Kill's, to see the flaws in his team first. And so it was Sunday, when Kill aired a laundry list of worries in the wake of the Gophers' most lopsided victory since 2006, as I detailed in today's Star Tribune.

But even a perfectionist like Kill had to admit that there were plenty of aspects to Saturday's game that pleased him.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/blogs/169119136.html

As I stated in the Badgers thread (who seem to be jumping off the Bridges of Madison), it's the Resurgence of the Rodents! While the Gophers certainly aren't going to compete for a Big Ten title anytime soon, if it's going to happen, it'll happen under this coach. I haven't liked a coach at the U of M this much since John Gutekunst (although I think Kill will have much more success).

Thx to Uncle Buck!
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game 3 GOPHERS (2-0) vs. Western Michigan Broncos (1-1)

vs
When: 11:00 AM CT September 15th
Where: TCF Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)
TV/Radio: Big Ten Network (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Analysis: Gophers are 3-0 all-time vs. WMU, although the last time they faced them was 1977. The Broncos' QB, Alex Carder, is from the same hometown as Gophers' backup QB, sophomore Max Shortell. The Broncos are a passing offense, racking up 603 yds passing to 223 yd rushing in 2 games. The Gophers are only 1 of 3 B1G teams to average 200 yds passing and 200 yds rushing this season (others are Nebraska and Indiana).
I expect this game to be a lot more difficult than the UNH game, and the Gophers will need to stop the Broncos' passing attack in order to win the game, because if it gets into a shootout, I don't think the Gophers can hang in due to the inconsistency of Gray's passing. THe Gophers will need to control the ball offensively by rushing, keeping Carder and his favorite targer, Jamie Wilson, off the field. I predict that the Gophers will win, but it will be close, something like 24-21.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good win today. Shortell came in a showed Gray what downfield passing looks like.
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who would have thought that the Gophers would be tied with Northwestern for the most victories in the Legends Division after 3 weeks? Wink

Hey, we've got to take what we can get.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game 4 GOPHERS (3-0) vs. Syracuse Orange (1-2)

vs
When: 7:00 PM CT September 22nd
Where: TCF Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)
TV/Radio: Big Ten Network (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Analysis: This will be the 4th meeting between the schools (last was in 2009). The Gophers lead the series 2-1. While the Orange are only 1-2, that's not really reflective of the team's performance, as they suffered a 1-pt loss at home to Northwestern and and a 13-pt loss to #2 USC. The Orange's current head coach, Doug Marrone, made his coaching debut against the Gophers in '09. Like Western Michigan before, Syracuse is also a big-time passing team, with QB Ryan Nassib, averaging 379 yds passing this year, which ranks #3 in the nation. One of the keys to the game will be the Gophers' defense vs. the Orange offense. The Gophers' defense has recorded 8 sacks, while the Orange has only allowed 3. Offensively, the Gophers are going to have to rely on Shortell continuing what he started last week, when he replaced MarQueis after his injury, and pass the heck out of the ball. However, that's going to be difficult as 'cuse has a stingy pass defense. I think this is going to be another close game, with the Gophers falling to the Orange 27-20.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you guys been challenged at all or have you guys just been beating up on crappy teams.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha no we have been challenged! It is nice to see an improved team and all, but we are far from good
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babybulaga wrote:
haha no we have been challenged! It is nice to see an improved team and all, but we are far from good

I agree...it's been really hit and miss. The team is certainly better coached now than when we last faced your Orange squad, but that's not saying a whole lot. They've still got a long ways to go.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
disaacs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key was certainly the defense, and they were up to the challenge...that was the best I've seen the defense play in years.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gophers are 4-0!

Woo hoo. Should get a decent bowl game this year.
skywindO2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really a Gopher fan, but living in Gopher country, hearing about them is inevitable. Referring to TCF as The Kill Zone is beyond awesome.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つZIMMER༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skywindO2 wrote:
Not really a Gopher fan, but living in Gopher country, hearing about them is inevitable. Referring to TCF as The Kill Zone is beyond awesome.

You better start. This is going to be a good program in a few years.
babybulaga

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
skywindO2 wrote:

You better start. This is going to be a good program in a few years.

Agree 100%! Kill is the real deal, Maturi finally got the right guy, kinda funny considering it was his last hire!
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

babybulaga wrote:
Agree 100%! Kill is the real deal, Maturi finally got the right guy, kinda funny considering it was his last hire!

I've always felt that he got more criticism than he deserved. He wasn't a great AD, but he wasn't terrible either. The Brewster hire was atrocious, however...and thankfully, he realized it sooner rather than later.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 75 of 101

Jump to: