Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Minnesota Golden Gophers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
Outstanding game by the Gophers today. Think we might finally have a QB that can carry this team.

I certainly hope so. At least they won't have a turnstile at OC like under Brewster, when they screwed up Adam Weber. I can't see them knocking off the Wolverines this week, but who knows...it will depend upon the health status of Robinson.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
disaacs

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game 9 GOPHERS (5-3) vs Michigan Wolverines (5-3)

vs
When: 11:00 AM CT November 3rd
Where: TCF Bank Stadium (Minneapolis, MN)
TV/Radio: BTN (TV), KFAN 100.3, Sirius 113, XM 197 (Radio)

Little Brown Jug

Analysis: While it has probably the most storied history of all the Gophers' Trophy Games, it's probably one of the least competitive. The Wolverines lead the series 71-24-3 with the last win for the Gophers coming 7 years ago. The last home victory for the Gophers against Michigan came in 1977. However, this is the Wolverines' first visit to TCF Bank (Indiana is the only other B1G to not visit yet) and their first game against new Gophers' QB Phil Nelson. The Gophers have won 6 of their last 8 home games and are 4-1 at the Bank this year. The Wolverines enter with also a 5-3 record, but are 3-1 in the B1G, while the Gophers are 1-3. They are led by Senior QB Denard Robinson, who was a preseason Heisman candidate. Robinson leads the team in rushing (with 946 yds and 6 TDs) as well as passing (89-166, 1319 yds, 9 TDs, 9 INTs). I predict a certain Michigan win, but it will also be significantly closer than last season's debacle. Michigan over the Gophers 27-10.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3-star recruit DB Nate Godwin from Tampa, FL committed to the Gophers yesterday. I saw his tweet, and he seemed rather excited. Wink

I don't know a lot about him, but here's a video and article...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBDttKx0eAQ

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/freedom-dl-nate-godwin-commits-minnesota/15489/

It appears that he'll likely end up playing S.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
3-star recruit DB Nate Godwin from Tampa, FL committed to the Gophers yesterday. I saw his tweet, and he seemed rather excited. Wink

I don't know a lot about him, but here's a video and article...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lBDttKx0eAQ

http://www.tampabay.com/hometeam/blog/freedom-dl-nate-godwin-commits-minnesota/15489/

It appears that he'll likely end up playing S.

Nice grab. He doesn't look very fast but seems like he has a good nose for the ball.
JDBrocks

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Nelson just got SMOKED by Kovacs.

Josh Ritter wrote:
I became a thin blue wire, that held the world above the fire
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't surprise me that they lost, even though they didn't face Robinson. I did listen to it from time to time, and it seemed like lost opportunity after opportunity, both offensively and defensively.

I do have hope, however, that over the next few years, the Gophers will be competitive vs. the Wolverines. I think they had their chances. Next time, they will just have to convert them.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
It doesn't surprise me that they lost, even though they didn't face Robinson. I did listen to it from time to time, and it seemed like lost opportunity after opportunity, both offensively and defensively.

I do have hope, however, that over the next few years, the Gophers will be competitive vs. the Wolverines. I think they had their chances. Next time, they will just have to convert them.

I agree. The Michigan Football program isn't what is was. Really the Big Ten isn't what is either. While I don't see us being on Michigan's level anytime soon if ever I do expect us to steal a couple of these games over the next 4 or 5 years.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game 10 GOPHERS (5-4) at Illinois Fighting Illini (2-7)

at
When: 2:42 PM CT, November 10th, 2012
Where: Memorial Stadium (Champaign, IL)
TV/Radio: BTN (TV), KFAN 100.3, Sirius 113, XM 194 (Radio)

Analysis: The Gophers' trip to Champaign will be their best chance to become bowl-eligible this season. Minnesota leads this series 34-28-3, but are 13-16-1 on the road. However, they have won 3 times in a row at Illinos, losing for the last time in 2001. A win this weekend would be only the second time they have won 4 times in a row at Illinois. The last time was form 1901-13. It would also tie the Gophers' longest road-winning streak vs a B1G opponent since it won 4 straight at Northwestern from 1985-1993. It would also be the first road victory for the Gophers under Coach Kill. The Illini are led by QB Nathan Scheelhaase, who has 935 yds passing for 4 TDs, but has been picked off 6 times. I think the Gophers can and will win, 24-20.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game 11 GOPHERS (6-4) at Nebraska Cornhuskers (8-2)

at
When: 2:42 PM CT, November 17th, 2012
Where: Memorial Stadium (Lincoln, NE)
TV/Radio: BTN (TV), KFAN 100.3, Sirius 113, XM 193 (Radio)

Analysis: This will be the Gophers' first trip to Lincoln with the Cornhuskers in the B1G. This is one of those series that appears to be fairly competitive according to the record (Gophers lead 29-21-2), but it should really come as no surprise that despite that lead, the Gophers have not beaten Nebraska in 52 years, and I don't expect that to change this weekend, as Nebraska is 6-0 at home this season. The last time the Gophers visited Lincoln was 22 years ago, losing 56-0. The Cornhuskers are led by QB Taylor Martinez, who has passed for more than 2000 yds and rushed for over 700, with 28 TDs combined. But Martinez is not the only rushing threat, as Ameer Abdullah has 942 yds rushing and Rex Burkhead has 405. I can't see the Gophers being real competitive this weekend, losing by a score of 38-13.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
1King

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um,

http://ajbarker82.tumblr.com/

what?

Any insight into this?

El ramster wrote:
1king showing why he's one the best posters in this site.

candyman93 wrote:
1king is showing why he's awesome

TEAM STYLISH
thrILL!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1King wrote:
Um,

http://ajbarker82.tumblr.com/

what?

Any insight into this?

Normally when players quit on their teams it's easy to think they're [MOD EDIT] or soft and sometimes they are. After reading AJ Barker's letter to his former Minnesota HC Jerry Kill about why he's quitting the team, I'm VERY impressed with this young man. Coach Kill sounds like a major league POS. I'm happy that as a walk-on he can transfer anywhere and not have to sit out.

Amari Cooper for Heisman - 71 rec. 1132 yds, 9 TDs
disaacs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thrILL:

You know better than to use that kind of language here. Please don't do so in the future.

As far as your point, as I indicate in the Barker thread, I completely disagree with you. I think it was the act of an immature person. Just because he can write with big words, doesn't mean that he's a big person.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill with another seizure at halftime this weekend. I'm still a Coach Kill fan but I have to wonder what kind of effect it has on the players.
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey guys, I heard that AJ Barker could transfer to UH. Haven't seen him play before. What type of WR is he and was he you guys best receiver? Him and Deontay Greenberry can make a nice tandem for whoever the QB is for us next season.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texansfan713 wrote:
Hey guys, I heard that AJ Barker could transfer to UH. Haven't seen him play before. What type of WR is he and was he you guys best receiver? Him and Deontay Greenberry can make a nice tandem for whoever the QB is for us next season.

He's a a good receiver. He'll definitely improve your passing game. Seems to be a little bit of a prima donna and thinks he's a lot better than he really is though. He was our best receiver but at our program that's not saying a whole lot.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 76, 77, 78 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 77 of 101

Jump to: