Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Official Minnesota Golden Gophers Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 99, 100, 101  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
disaacs

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game 13 GOPHERS (6-6) vs Texas Tech Red Raiders (7-5)

vs
When: 8:00 PM CT December 28th, 2012
Where: Reliant Stadium (Houston, TX)
TV/Radio: ESPN (TV), KFAN 100.3 (Radio)

Meineke Car Care Bowl of Texas

Analysis: This is the Gophers' first trip to a bowl game in 3 years. The last time was the 2009 Insight Bowl (loss to IA State). This is actually a rematch of the 2006 Insight Bowl, which somewhat ironically, led to Glen Mason's firing (and is the only other time the teams have met.) The Gophers only have 7 players on their current roster who played in that 2009 game. They were Brandon Green, Michael Carter, Keanon Cooper, MarQueis Gray, Ryan Grant, Troy Stoudemire, and DL Wilhite. The Gophers have not won a bowl game since they beat the now-BCS Championship participant Alabama in the 2004 Music City Bowl. The Red Raiders have suffered some chaos since the regular season ended, with the departure of Tuberville, and the hiring of Kliff Kingsbury. This team is an all-offense, no-defense team, scoring an average of 37.8 points, while giving up 31.8. Therefore, this game will come down to whether the Gophers have the defense to contain the Raiders and keep the score in the 20s. If they can do that, they have a chance...but that's their only chance. My prediction is that the Raiders win 38-20.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 star safety Nate Godwin decommited from the Gophers on Tuesday and verballed to USF. Not a huge blow as the team still has Wells and Vereen to man the safety spot with 4 star DB Nate Andrews coming in as well.

The team also landed the 5th overall kicker in Ryan Santoso. Santoso goes a whopping 6'5, 270. Shocked
Interesting enough, he is also ranked as the the #7 punter. Will be interesting to see if will do both jobs.

Lastly, freshman WR Andre McDonald has been suspended for the bowl game and there are rumbles that he is looking to transfer.

I don't know what to think about McDonald. He has the potential, and I'm guessing his grades are fine as he was accepted into Vanderbilt before he committed to the Gophers. Harbison, McDonald, and 2013 recruit Eric Carter would be a great group for years. They also strong interest from 3 star WR Drew Wolitarsky. 6-3, 210 guy who is going under the radar. He broke the California all-time receiving record.

Todd Gurley to Minnesota!
disaacs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
3 star safety Nate Godwin decommited from the Gophers on Tuesday and verballed to USF. Not a huge blow as the team still has Wells and Vereen to man the safety spot with 4 star DB Nate Andrews coming in as well.

I saw that as I was following Godwin on Twitter. Not a huge loss...he was sort of a weirdo anyway, considering how he was acting after he decommitted, essentially scoffing at all the Gophers fans that unfollowed him after he changed his commitment.

I never did quite understand most of the stuff he was tweeting anyway. Maybe I'm too old at 39 to understand some of the nonsense that people his age write. Laughing

Thx to Uncle Buck!
disaacs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gophers have looked fabulous thus far, up 31-24 a little way into the 4th quarter. They've surprised me at how well they've played.

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

going to enjoy Philip Nelson for the next few years
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

disaacs wrote:
The Gophers have looked fabulous thus far, up 31-24 a little way into the 4th quarter. They've surprised me at how well they've played.

Pretty bummed right now. They had the W on several occasions. Nelson got too excited on a few throws and left at least 6 points on the field. Gray was just awful.

I really wanted this for us, especially after how cocky and arrogant the Raiders were all week.

CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all played your butts off. Fun game to watch and Nelson looks like he'll be a pretty good signal caller for the next few years.

One question...Whats up with that Michael Carter? Was extremely impressive. Whats his draft stock look like?

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vikefan79 wrote:
going to enjoy Philip Nelson for the next few years

I've seen Mitch Leidner play in person twice. My money is that he will beat out Nelson next summer. The kid has a cannon, size, accuracy, and is underrated as runner.

disaacs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a disappointing ending.

It's the typical Minnesota sports ending, however, so you think I'd be used to it by now. Wink

Thx to Uncle Buck!
Jacobys Homey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was good to see Martez Shabazz playing well. If y'all remember, he was a Baylor commit before he didn't qualify because of grades. Looked great though!
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Toughguy77

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where do y'all see Michael Carter ending up in April?

*2013 NFC South Champions* Panthers
Gamecocks
Vikefan79

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughguy77 wrote:
Where do y'all see Michael Carter ending up in April?

No idea maybe a 6th or 7th rounder if he even gets drafted.
Lil Uno

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gopher athletics are on the rise.

The football Gophers doubled their win total and made it to a bowl game, the hockey team is ranked #1, the basketball team is ranked #9 and the wrestling team is #3. Moving forward. Hopefully this upswing of the program will allow us to start keeping our instate talent, starting with #1 overall 2014 basketball recruit Tyus Jones.

Vikefan79

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil Uno wrote:
Gopher athletics are on the rise.

The football Gophers doubled their win total and made it to a bowl game, the hockey team is ranked #1, the basketball team is ranked #9 and the wrestling team is #3. Moving forward. Hopefully this upswing of the program will allow us to start keeping our instate talent, starting with #1 overall 2014 basketball recruit Tyus Jones.

Unfortunately we won't get a whole lot of respect nationally until our football program is up there too.
disaacs

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Former Gophers wide receiver A.J. Barker, who quit the team midseason after a dispute with head coach Jerry Kill, was arrested and charged with suspicion of marijuana possession in Houston, according to the Harris County District Clerk office.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/gophers/187149571.html

I wonder if anyone questions Coach Kill now. I never did, but I almost want to keep my sig just because of the irony of it. It almost enhances the idiocy of Barker.

Thx to Uncle Buck!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> College Football All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80 ... 99, 100, 101  Next
Page 79 of 101

Jump to: