Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Nick Barnett

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rushpacker_56

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Nick Barnett Reply with quote

Hrmm... Well, I guess a move to the outside is a big possibility. I thought that Sherm wanted him to stay in the middle, but I guess not. Here's a quote off of packers.com saying so:

One such change that has been mentioned as a possibility has been the idea of linebacker Nick Barnett moving from the middle 'backer position he has manned in his two seasons in Green Bay to one of the outside linebacker spots.

Sherman didn't rule out any potential shift, but wasn't even close to nailing anything down with months remaining yet before training camp opens.

"I think it really depends on the final group of linebackers we end up with," said Sherman. "Because Nick has the versatility to play multiple positions - I think he's more suited to 'Will' and 'Mike' in this scheme, he can play 'Buck' as well. He has the most versatility - possibly he and Diggs - that we'll probably mix and match to try to get the best combination we can. So to say he's going to play this or that at this point would be conjecture on my part."

Barnett - who was on hand later in the day - said he'll play wherever the coaches feel is best in order to give his team the best chance to repeat as division champions for the fourth straight season.

"I'm not opposed to anything if it's going to help us win," the linebacker said. "Of course I would love to stay in the middle and play in the middle because that's what I've grown to love around here, but if they want me to move to the outside or wherever they want me to move, I'd have no problem doing so. I'm here to win games, and if that's going to help us win games I have no problem doing that."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He'll be an absolute stud when he moves outside.

Love his attitude too. Good to see.
duxrule

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More guys should have that kind of attitude.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: