Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anian

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers? Reply with quote

Which do you think is going to get the number 1 overall pick? Aaron Rodgers or Alex Smith?

Alex Smith did extremely well at his Pro-day and is being considered to be chosen 1st overall. He did really well. He completed all of his passes. All of them were ctchable but one. He did great at this. He didn't buckle under the pressure in which could have happened since all thirty-two teams were represented. If he isn't drafted by 49ers then I bet he will be considered by the Dolpins and the Browns. He would work well with the Tampa Bay system. He has the size of a typical quarterback. Where Aaron Rodgers is alittle on the small size. Alex Smith has a bullet of an arm.

Aaron Rodgers hasn't gotten his chance at his Pro-day. He has great accuarcy and strength but, lacks height. He will probably do well. It will be hard to compete with what Alex Smith did though.

Who will be drafted first?
Which is better?
pboyk12

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the 49'ers would be foolish not to take Smith. I realize that Rodgers is a good QB and that he is from the 'Frisco area, but Smith has what it takes to be a superstar in the NFL. The questions about his arm strength has likely been answered. It all comes down to who the Niners want. Rodgers will do fine in his Pro Day workout, but he still doesn't have what Smith has.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pboyk12 wrote:
I think the 49'ers would be foolish not to take Smith. I realize that Rodgers is a good QB and that he is from the 'Frisco area, but Smith has what it takes to be a superstar in the NFL. The questions about his arm strength has likely been answered. It all comes down to who the Niners want. Rodgers will do fine in his Pro Day workout, but he still doesn't have what Smith has.

They would not be foolish at all cuz Smith is not the best QB available. Everybody for some reason is on Smith bandwagon. Of course he is going to complete every pass when nobody is pressuring him. Wait till you see Rodgers workout before you say anybody is foolish.
RD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="mauRICE 80"]
pboyk12 wrote:
Of course he is going to complete every pass when nobody is pressuring him. Wait till you see Rodgers workout before you say anybody is foolish.

But yet, Cal and Rodgers supporters cite his performance in the skills challenge as a reason why he should be #1.

Dropping back throwing to actual people, with a ton of scouts/coaches/front office people watching is FAR, FAR more telling than standing still and throwing to a 12ft high target.

People make it so hard to vote for Rodgers. The Cal fans will praise Rodgers for aboslutely nothing, then criticize Smith for something more telling. The bias is ridiculous. I like Rodgers more, but anything Smith does is knocked and anything Rodgers does is praised here.
2105 yards

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had Smith going #1 since the end of the season...I see no reason to change that thought now...Watching his bowl game really sold me on him as a better overall prospect than Rodgers who I think looks a little too mechanical at times.
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="RD"]
mauRICE 80 wrote:
pboyk12 wrote:
Of course he is going to complete every pass when nobody is pressuring him. Wait till you see Rodgers workout before you say anybody is foolish.

But yet, Cal and Rodgers supporters cite his performance in the skills challenge as a reason why he should be #1.

Nobody said that RD

What I was saying which I'm assuming your talking about me was this was the one time we got to see him throw, every pass he threw was precisse and accurate not to mention his 70 yarder. thats not at all a good indicator but he did have a cannon which I guarantee we will be hearing all about later today.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:

You are quoting me so I guess you never read my post clearly. I never said the skills challenge was a factor to why Rodgers should be chosen #1. You should also be proud that most of the people on your forum have the eye for talent. You do too cauze you have Rodgers above Smith on your mock
TitansGuru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now you'd have to say Smith.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitansGuru wrote:
Right now you'd have to say Smith.

No right now you just said Smith Very Happy
Montana168

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

when is aaron rodgers pro day? i thought it was today. if it was today , if anyone could hook me up with a website to read about it, it would be greatly appreciated.
mauRICE 80

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Montana168 wrote:
when is aaron rodgers pro day? i thought it was today. if it was today , if anyone could hook me up with a website to read about it, it would be greatly appreciated.

It is going on as we speak in Berkeley. You will get the results shortly
andrew91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cant wait...
Seroiusly...weak qb draft? I disagree...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mauRICE 80 wrote:

No right now you just said Smith Very Happy

Ay yay yay. Razz
lol

/Try the veal
RD

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:

Nobody said that RD

Plenty of people have. I dont remember specifically who has said it, but that meaningless comp has been mentioned a ton of this forum as to why Rodgers should be considered ahead of Smith.
andrew91

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RD wrote:
nor*cal09 wrote:

Nobody said that RD

Plenty of people have. I dont remember specifically who has said it, but that meaningless comp has been mentioned a ton of this forum as to why Rodgers should be considered ahead of Smith.
I remeber cal fans saying it, and I remember saying "No one calling themselves a scout would be caught dead there"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6

Jump to: