Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andrew91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:
I'm saying Smith is that guy you hear of every few years who is rated high and ends up being a bust I cant think of anyone like Smith who is succeeding in the League right now. Maybe Bulger but look at his recievers even then the guy is still not that great.
Bulgar is a very good qb who didint get the attention he should have.
Hey pal, Rodgers has his woes as well. Tedford's toys have yet to sucseed in the pro level, so dont act like he has a pedigree or has proven himself just yet.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will give him credit that he was a really good college quarterback and appears to be a very determined winner but the way I see it is he is not ready for the NFL and wont be ready for a few years if at all.
Zac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a few years??? LOL

I'm just curious, could you list your top 5 qb's for us. No reasons are needed if your prefer.

I'll start to make it fair.

1. Rodgers
2. Smith
3. Campbell
4. Frye
5. Walter
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure

1. Aaron Rodgers

2. Kyle Orton

3. Jason Campbell

4. Alex Smith

5. Adrian McPherson
andrew91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kyle Orton? Your kidding me right? Now thats a system qb right there.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH yeah, like Drew Brees eh

Had he not gotten injured He would have been right up there with Smith and Rodgers battling for the #1 spot.
andrew91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:

Had he not gotten injured He would have been right up there with Smith and Rodgers battling for the #1 spot.
Compaing Orton to Drew Brees is not a fair compasion at all. Drew Brees played in a pass happy offense, but demonstrated some skill in doing so.
And nice post edit, are you trying to get get attention or something?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew91 wrote:
nor*cal09 wrote:

Compaing Orton to Drew Brees is not a fair compasion at all. Drew Brees played in a pass happy offense, but demonstrated some skill in doing so.
And nice post edit, are you trying to get get attention or something?

Attention what are you talking about? WHAT DOES EDITING A POST HAVE TO DO WITH ATTENTION? Jason Campbell slipped my mind he is NFL ready and right now above Alex Smith on my list.
Zac

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for posting your top 5 nor*cal. Just wondering, did many Auburn games come on TV on the west coast? I've seen a lot of people that have Campbell rated pretty low but I think it's because some didn't have a chance to see him play.

Zac
andrew91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didint say editing post has anything to do with attention, you putting Jason above Smith does.
Campell only recently came on strong, and had both Williams and Brown playing behind him, a luxary that most people dont get, espcially in the nfl.
Alex Smith was the Utes for a couple of years, and his stats(which were awsome)would have been even higher had he not been so good. They blew people out.
Rodger's is pro ready you say? He had Arrington playing behind him, and we dont know who was the good one, for one of them wasnt as talented as the Cal Offense made them seem. Another thing that I question about Rodgers is the tedford connection. None of his toys have expirenced sucsess in the nfl, although Harrington is knocking on the door.
Kyle Orton played in a pass happy offense, much like Brees, and he will be similar to Brees in the fact that he needs an elite supporting cast and an offense which features his talents. None of the teams in the market for a quarterback have that. I would rank McPhearson above both of them.
Your post's are biased and everyone can see.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didnt see him play til the bowl game thats probably why I almost forgot about him. He should be an Aarron Brooks type just needs to work on the deep ball IMO
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew91 wrote:
I didint say editing post has anything to do with attention, you putting Jason above Smith does.
Campell only recently came on strong, and had both Williams and Brown playing behind him, a luxary that most people dont get, espcially in the nfl.
Alex Smith was the Utes for a couple of years, and his stats(which were awsome)would have been even higher had he not been so good. They blew people out.
Rodger's is pro ready you say? He had Arrington playing behind him, and we dont know who was the good one, for one of them wasnt as talented as the Cal Offense made them seem. Another thing that I question about Rodgers is the tedford connection. None of his toys have expirenced sucsess in the nfl, although Harrington is knocking on the door.
Kyle Orton played in a pass happy offense, much like Brees, and he will be similar to Brees in the fact that he needs an elite supporting cast and an offense which features his talents. None of the teams in the market for a quarterback have that. I would rank McPhearson above both of them.
Your post's are biased and everyone can see.

Where was Arrington last year when Rodgers beat USC?

David Carr is making it.

Elite who's elite on the Chargers other than Gates Brees was winning before McCardell got there and when a team takes Orton in the 2nd or 3rd they may be a solid team

Bias is why USC got cheated out of the lone national championship last year. not my posts

What else do you got for me that I cant answer, If I was bias I wouldn't be giving good reasons to my opinion.

Another thing, you would take an unproven quarterback who played about 4 games in college over 2 guys who won consistently over a 2 year span because he runs a good 40, there agos your credability Arrow
andrew91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.David Car wasnt fully tedfordized. He played very little under him.
2.On the bench. He had yet to prove himself
3.The Chargers Elite Players:LT, Gates, McCardell(Not quite elite anymore, but knocking on the door),Lorenzo Neal, Donnie Edwards. They had the build
I had alot more that you chose to ignore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3. You ask anyone Carr is still a tedford protege'

2. You said Rodgers had Arrington thats why he was winning then you admit he was on the bench last year with no running game Rodgers was still winning. and would have been top 3 in the heisman voting had Arrington not had that type of year.

3.Chargers had those players last year to and how did they finish.

4. oh yeah I didnt elude to your Williams and Brown playing behind Campbell thats alot that I missed. take what you want from that but he did prove himself last year.

Laughing You didnt say anything about your McPherson over Rodgers and Smith though Laughing
nor*cal09

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess Andrew91 has nothing left to say Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: