Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
andrew91


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 4721
Location: With Waldo. Come Find us.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do. But I guess you wont listen. You mis intrpreted several of my agurements, I did not say McPhearson was better than him, my rankings are as followed
1.Alex Smith
2.Rodgets
3.McPhearson
4.Andrew Walter
5.Jason Campell
I have more to say, but you wont listen. And you can brag about how you deafted me here, I'll even say you did, but I honestly dont care what some meaningless Cal fan who has proved himself biased has to say.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nor*cal09


Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Posts: 4114
Location: Stockton, Cali
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why does everyone assume I'm a Cal fan I like CAL but I rooted against them when they played USC.

I like Aaron Rodgers because I feal he is the most pro ready quarterback in this draft and will probably be an elite NFL quarterback. You can call me Bias or whatever you want the bottom line is Aaron Rodgers appears to me to be the best quarterback coming out this year and I would rather have him than any other quarterback in the NFL right now with exception to (Peyton Manning, Michael Vick and Donovan McNabb oh and Tom Brady of course.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andrew91


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 4721
Location: With Waldo. Come Find us.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then we agree to disagree, lets leave this at that, I am sick of this argueing...in the end it really means nothing.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Zac


Joined: 06 Jan 2005
Posts: 1502
Location: Auburn University
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT?????? You would rather have Aaron Rodgers than Culpepper, Brees, McNair, or even Pennington. This argument has gone toooooo far. Un-freakin-believable! Shocked Shocked Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rynecubbie


Joined: 21 Mar 2005
Posts: 12
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Nooooo Reply with quote

Studs

Rodgers is extremely talented physically, 2nd to Orton as far as strongest arm in the draft (I consider Orton be the fourth best qb in the draft do to still being a little inconsistent, but he has been improving every year of college). However Alex Smith physical talent wise (he is faster in pads - better football speed) he doesn't have as strong of an arm, but still a good one, what he does have is intelligence on and off the field. Him leading Utah would have easily beaten Auburn or Oklahoma. In fact if you look up on how teams Utah beat did in thier bowl games, maybe the WAC pound for pound was better than the PAC-10.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anian


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 137
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My top 5 is

1.Aaron Rodgers
2.Adrian McPherson
3.Alex Smith
4.Charlie Frye
5.Jason Campbell

Aaron Rodgers is the best in this years draft at the qb position. He surpasses Alex Smith by far. His arm strength is great. He has the mind of Peyton Manning which contributes to his perfect accuracy.

I rate Adrain McPherson over Alex Smith beacuse I believe he is by far better. If he hadn't got into trouble he would be taken by the 49ers. That's for sure. He is a sleeper hit and I bet he gets to have a rookie season where ever he goes(Season like Eli Manning).

Charlie Frye looks to be a good qb. He might do well with greenbay.
_________________
Alex Smith will get better.
Vince Young will be awesome in the Nfl and should come out early.
Vince Young rubbed himself in butter before the Rose Bowl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nor*cal09


Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Posts: 4114
Location: Stockton, Cali
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zac wrote:
WHAT?????? You would rather have Aaron Rodgers than Culpepper, Brees, McNair, or even Pennington. This argument has gone toooooo far. Un-freakin-believable! Shocked Shocked Shocked



YESSSSSSSS

Culpepper hasn't proved he can win w/o moss or even w/ moss for that matter

Brees has a good season under his belt but Rodgers could be better

McNair has been the most overrated football player in this league for about 6 years now

Peenington I'm not even going to mention Rodgers is already better than him.

Quote:
I guess Andrew91 has nothing left to say


I didnt mean to sound like a di*k right there I know thats how it came off
my apologies Andrew
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andrew91


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 4721
Location: With Waldo. Come Find us.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you about McNaire and Pennington being ovverated....but still, I would rather have one of those guys than Alex Smith or Rodgers, they have proven themselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
nor*cal09


Joined: 04 Nov 2004
Posts: 4114
Location: Stockton, Cali
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My thoughts are we can argue this until our fingers hurt but only time will tell who is right the only thing I can say right now is Rodgers has no big flaws and is as solid at facet of the quarterback position.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anian


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 137
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nor*cal09 wrote:
My thoughts are we can argue this until our fingers hurt but only time will tell who is right the only thing I can say right now is Rodgers has no big flaws and is as solid at facet of the quarterback position.


I believe Aaron Rodgers is better than Pennington but I don't know about Drew Brees. He was an outstanding player.
_________________
Alex Smith will get better.
Vince Young will be awesome in the Nfl and should come out early.
Vince Young rubbed himself in butter before the Rose Bowl.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DManRP


Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Posts: 451
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

andrew91 wrote:
I agree with you about McNaire and Pennington being ovverated....but still, I would rather have one of those guys than Alex Smith or Rodgers, they have proven themselves.


You can't say Rodgers and Smith aren't better or worse than Pennington and McNair just based off of the fact that McNair and Pennington have "proved" themselves in the NFL. Rodgers and Smith haven't even played a down in the NFL yet, how do propose they "prove" themselves.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andrew91


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 4721
Location: With Waldo. Come Find us.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DManRP wrote:
andrew91 wrote:
I agree with you about McNaire and Pennington being ovverated....but still, I would rather have one of those guys than Alex Smith or Rodgers, they have proven themselves.


You can't say Rodgers and Smith aren't better or worse than Pennington and McNair just based off of the fact that McNair and Pennington have "proved" themselves in the NFL. Rodgers and Smith haven't even played a down in the NFL yet, how do propose they "prove" themselves.
By playing in the nfl, thank you for making my point for me. And I can say that, and I just did. Alex Smith and Aaron Rodgers are going to be ROOKIES. Theres a reason we have a label for first year players, just ask all the rookie quarterbacks who sat out a year. Chad Pennington and Steve McNaire have nfl expirence, which puts them way over the edge. The NCAA is not the nfl, everyone is faster, bigger, and oh yeah, more talented. Neither of theese quarterbacks have played in a pro style offence, played a pro defence, or even played a down. So get off their nuts until they prove themselves better than McNaire or Pennington, and the only way they can do that is by OUTPLAYING them, and they havnt even played.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
DManRP


Joined: 15 Dec 2004
Posts: 451
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Granted you have a point, the two are going to be "rookies" and remain "unproven." But, remember Ben Roethlisburger last season? Did he prove himself to be a pretty decent rookie? Tom Brady was "unproven" before leading the Patriots to 3 super bowls. Belicik plays "unproven" players all the time. Your argument sucks man. And besides, Rodgers did play in a west coast pro-style offense, that's why a lot of scouts think he is the most NFL ready quarterback in recent years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wangnoo


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 149
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neither, they are not great, actaully, they are equally not great. They are descent, and probably at the top of this years qb draft but if you havent noticed, the media always wants a battle at quarterback. Manning vs. Rivers. Manning Vs. Leaf. Elway Vs. Marino. All of the 1999 QB Class. Couch, Smith, McNabb. Its all for media time and you shouldnt fall into it to deeply. The battle at the runningback possition are much more interesting. Which wideout will go first is even a better question.
_________________

----------------------
BRONCOS BABY!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
andrew91


Joined: 19 Jan 2005
Posts: 4721
Location: With Waldo. Come Find us.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DManRP wrote:
Granted you have a point, the two are going to be "rookies" and remain "unproven." But, remember Ben Roethlisburger last season? Did he prove himself to be a pretty decent rookie? Tom Brady was "unproven" before leading the Patriots to 3 super bowls. Belicik plays "unproven" players all the time. Your argument sucks man. And besides, Rodgers did play in a west coast pro-style offense, that's why a lot of scouts think he is the most NFL ready quarterback in recent years.
Your arguement is the one that sucks and everyone with open eyes can see it.
Those arguements you brought up were freak accidents, not every rookie is Ben Rothlisberger and not every 6th rounder is Tom Brady. Sure he played in a pro style offense, but he didint play that offense in the pro's. Both theese players were men amogst boys, but in the nfl they will be just average until they can amp their game up. If you were to start one of them over McNaire or Pennington, I can guartee you that the results wouldnt be good, I will bet money on that. Alot of this depends on the team and the coaching, and in both of those sitations you broght up, they inherited a good team. Rothlisberger had the running game and the defence, and Brady had the brilliance of an Offense Cordinator and a Defencive Mastermind. Theese players will not have the luxary of either of those things. Sure we dont know what they can do, but there is only one way to find out, and thats by playing them, and they get playing time by earning it. Look at Drew Henson, people wanted him to start over Vinny, so they did it and he sucked, which could delay his devlopement for quite some time. He wasnt in a good sitation, similar to theese rookies.
So dont get on someones nuts until they do something out of college, you'll just end up making yourself look silly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 5 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group