Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Chemistry
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VTViking

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:54 pm    Post subject: Chemistry Reply with quote

Being from the greater Northern VA area I constantly hear from all the die hard Redskins fans about how "this year is there year," becasue every year they bring in about 4-8 new free agents who are suppose to make a difference, and every year they suck becasue the team lacks chemistry. As optimistic as I would like to be about this years team, a small voice in the back of my head questions our ability to come together as a team (especially the D). Any opinions about this?
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i've noticed that many players coming to the vikes lately WANT to be playing on that team, not just making a money dealfor themselves.

getting rid of moss and not picking up burress makes the statement to check your ego at the door.

daunte wants to lead this year.

that makes for chemistry.

but ye, it still has to gell. i just think it will.
Fartman

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the redsikns sucked this year and for years to come, deal with it. Portis sucks.
andrew91

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i've noticed that many players coming to the vikes lately WANT to be playing on that team, not just making a money dealfor themselves.

getting rid of moss and not picking up burress makes the statement to check your ego at the door.

daunte wants to lead this year.

that makes for chemistry.

but ye, it still has to gell. i just think it will.

You said it all.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i AM concerned though with all these new players taking too much time to learn each other and their skill packages.

we could lose early games, but then come on strong for the rest of the year and into the playoffs, which is the way to do it, i guess.

peak late in the year and then cruise at that altitude.
andrew91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Coming on strong late...thats something I would really love to see.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks "Fartman"...on a side not cut down on the ruffage. Yes I hate the Redskins too, thank you for putting it so eliquently, and I will try to get over it....

Anyway thanks for the posts, I agree with both of you, but once again being a Vikings fan comes with a pesimistic outlook about everything. From what I have read the big players on D from last year (Kevin Williams, and Winfield) are very quiet guys, nobody wanted to step up as a leader, this year we have a lot of vocal guys especially Smoot, I hope that the personalities come together. And yes Culpepper is ready for a big year (last year was the quietest 39 TD season in NFL history)
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

that's what well coached teams do.

i thikn the best example was the '85 bears. i think during the playoffs up to the super bowl, no one scored on them. every win was a shutout.
andrew91

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
that's what well coached teams do.

i thikn the best example was the '85 bears. i think during the playoffs up to the super bowl, no one scored on them. every win was a shutout.

Dont you remind me, I had the misfortune of being a patriots fan that year Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
But ahh...the irony of that game vs the last 4 year Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, very much so.

i have to hand it to the top nfl management and vision guys. in making parity a goal, instead of dynasties.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, very much so.

i have to hand it to the top nfl management and vision guys. in making parity a goal, instead of dynasties.
Helter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess gelling a little late a coming on strong at the end of the season would be a complete turn around from the past 2 seasons
could mean good things
the main thing is we are still the same on offense aside from 1 or 2 players so we just need to put up enough points to let the defense find themselves but with k williams getting some help on the line and winfeild getting help in the secondary we can maintain our stronhold
slackerboyjonny

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if chemistry will be too much of a problem. We got guys who are already accustomed to Cotrell's defense and have played in his schemes before. Sharper has seen us play for years, and smoot won't have to do much of anything except cover a receiver, as he doesn't have to worry about gaps as linebackers do. On offense, I think we will also have good chemistry. We will now have an unquestioned leader. The reason many teams have chemistry problems is mainly because of a switch in quarterbacks. We have one of the top 3 in the league, and he will help tremendously. GO VIKES!
tdub

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well three of our guys have already played together, one on the d line, one linebacker and one CB in williams, cowart and winfield...the only person not familiar with anyone is sharper, but he still kinda is having played in the division forever

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as some said... Cotrell has experience with 2 of the guys they signed this year, and 1 of them is VERY important, that being Cowart, simply because he will be the guy calling the signals.

Smoot= younger veteran... not a big issue, he'll learn

Sharper= come on, the guy is one of the smarter safeties in the league, he'll have no problem adjusting

Harris= kinda like Smoot... but with Cowart there to tell him where to be, he'll have no problem

P.Williams= the guy is a big DT plugger... what does he have to know? besides he's played with Cotrell before, wont be an issue at all.

Cowart= THIS guy is where it will all come down to... I truly believe the defense will be most dependant upon how this guy takes the defense. Hopefully his past with Cotrell will give him an easy "in" and he'll work on taking over as leader right away, and he'll help keep the younger LBs where they need to be.

Honestly, aside from Fred Smoot, none of the other guys have been known to be major divas (and Fred Smoot isnt THAT bad)

I think the chemistry will be fine... I dont think it'll even be a problem come time for the regular season opener.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: