Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Possible draft day trade

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lee121503

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:45 am    Post subject: Possible draft day trade Reply with quote

If two of the top three backs are gone, what do you guys think the chances are of the Vikings trading #7 to Arizona for #8 and another pick. It sounds like Arizona really wants one of the top three, assuming they don't trade for a back before the draft, and the Vikings could easily take one of them. Do you guys think that this is plausible?
Helter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I won't swear on it but I don't beleive we will draft a back
Lee121503

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

But the threat might be enough to make them want to trade up with us. Like we did with Miami last year.
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i DO think some deal will go down between us and the cards though. bennett for boldin, picks for picks, something.

dennt greene has no background i nthe nfl except for his history with the vikes. that's where he'll cut his deal, with his old assistant tice.
nichos

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green coached with the niners, and his cousin or brother or somethings is a higher up with cleveland(Hence all the trades with cleveland while he was w/vikes).....so he does have some connections, not to mention billick and dungy.
missingmoss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Denny's son was with Cleveland, but he has since been fired, so I don't think Denny still has that Cleveland connection.
I can see the Vikes trading up or down depending on what happens. I just hope they don't give up the #18 to go up.
Helter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
i DO think some deal will go down between us and the cards though. bennett for boldin, picks for picks, something.

dennt greene has no background i nthe nfl except for his history with the vikes. that's where he'll cut his deal, with his old assistant tice.

I beleive that as well ... bennett + a pick for boldin seems like the idea
I'm good with that ... and I'm starting to wonder if we trade O.Smith too , that we might take a RB with the #7 if the top prospects DJ & Merriman are gone
Lee121503

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm thinking we would take a runningback at number 7 is we trade Bennett for Boldin. I'd definitely be in favor of that. Possibly trade Onterrio and a fourth rounder for a second rounder which would give us more flexibility in getting Nugent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: