Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Two Round Mock Draftizzle
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miamicanes460

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:46 am    Post subject: Two Round Mock Draftizzle Reply with quote

Dont tear me apart for who has, and who doesnt have a 2nd round pick, i didnt look into that...but i did get the Branch 1st rounder.

1. Oakland Raiders- Brady Quinn QB Notre Dame
Quinnís draft stock slipped, but the Raiders are begging for a franchise quarterback, and Quinn looks like a better transition pro than the #2 guy, Brohm. Quinn has bust potential, but Al Davis doesnít like using his brain, so he drafts Quinn.

2. Houston Texans- Adrian Peterson HB Oklahoma
The first need for Houston is at the safety position, but there are no safeties worth taking with the #2 overall pick. If they canít trade down, then this is the BPA. Peterson gives the Texans a powerful running attack right off the bat, something they can use to take pressure off of Carr.

3. Detroit Lions- Joe Thomas OT Wisconson
Again, the pick based on BPA. The Lions need a quarterback, but since Brohm isnít worth taking with the #3 pick, they grab the best lineman in the draft, in Joe Thomas. Their line is bad, and Thomas gives them a franchise LT. Also, they donít take Johnson, because Lions fans will crucify Millen if that happens.

4. Cleveland Browns- Calvin Johnson WR Georgia Tech
The best player overall in the draft. The Browns already have Winslow, and Edwards, but they canít pass up a talent like this. Hands down, a Randy Moss type receiver without the problems. The Browns need men in the trenches, but with Thomas off the board, and no worthy 3-4 D lineman, they grab this superstar, and IMO, the rookie of the year. Winslow, Edwards, Frye, and Johnson will propel the Browns into a possible playoff berth.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Dwayne Jarrett WR USC
The Buccaneers are lacking at WR, other than Clayton and Galloway. And Galloway is close to retirement. They grab this receiver to pair up with Clayton, and take some pressure off of whoever their young quarterback will be.

6. Tennessee Titans- Gaines Adams DE Clemson
The Titans were looking for a wide receiver, but they certainly donít mind Adams falling to them with this pick. Adams is a very scary pass rusher that can help this defense immensely, like Jevon Kearse did for this same unit.

7. Green Bay Packers- Marshawn Lynch RB California
The Packers defense doesnít have a crying need, so they pick up the replacement to Ahman Green. Lynch has all the potential to be the LaDanian Tomlinson for the Packers.

8. Miami Dolphins- Brandon Meriweather SS Miami
The Dolphins are going to have a tough year with their current defensive backfield. They grab the best DB available for the second year in a row. Meriweather helps in all 3 major problem areas for the Dolphins. Pass coverage, run coverage, and getting to the quarterback.

9. San Francisco 49ers- Ted Ginn Jr. WR Ohio State
Somehow, the 49ers get by with the little talent they have, and beat some good teams. They are only a player, and a defense away from being a really good team. They get this kid with gamebreaking speed, something the 49ers donít have, and also help out greatly in the return game, where the 49ers are awful.

10. Buffalo Bills- Jared Gaither LT Maryland
Losman will impress this year, and with McGahee, they donít really need a great quarterback, so they select the second best lineman in this draft, in Gaither. This should open up nice holes for McGahee, and allow Losman time in the pocket, which he has just not had in his first few seasons in the NFL.

11. St. Louis Rams- Michael Griffin SS Texas
The Rams have talent, but cannot seem to stop any teamís WRís. The linebacker position is a need for this team, but they lost a lot when Archuletta left, so they grab Griffin in an attempt to replace him. Griffin, Hill, Bartell, and Otogwe are all young, and have tons of talent. The Rams could make a push in 2007-2008.

12. Kansas City Chiefs- LaRon Landry FS LSU
The Chiefs have some solid players in their defensive backfield, but they do not have any depth. Also, they are almost all senior citizen DBís. LaRon Landry can come in and start at FS right away for this team.

13. New York Jets- Quentin Moses DE Georgia
The Jets will excel on defense this season. Also, Pennington will be back to his old form if he stays healthy. So the Jets select another solid player to be a cornerstone in this defense in Moses. He can line up next to Vilma, and become a pass-rushing 3-4 linebacker, similar to DeMarcus Ware.

14. New Orleans Saints- Paul Posluszny OLB Penn State
The Saints need a linebacker bad. In all honesty, I donít know how Posluszny will turn out as a pro. He seems to have all the instincts necessary, but doesnít appear to be athletic enough to play in the NFL. I guess the Saints will find that out. Probably a MLB at the next level, rather than a pure OLB.

15. Dallas Cowboys- Brian Brohm QB Louisville
The Cowboys will struggle this year. With the injury to Owens, total lack of an offensive line, and one old quarterback, and another unproven one, they wonít be able to survive in this division. They eventually give Romo a shot, but he proves to be nothing but a backup in this league, so they get the best arm in the draft. A young Bledsoe, with better accuracy.

16. Washington Redskins- Lawrence Jackson DE USC
The Redskins are in need of another pass rusher opposite Andre Carter. Also, their defensive ends are serviceable, but are super old. Wynn and Phillip Daniels are both close to retirement, so they select a great DE, and a steal in this draft.

17. Minnesota Vikings- Jeff Sammardzija WR Notre Dame
The Vikings are sold on Tarvaris Jackson and Chester Taylor for the QB and Runningback, but they still are hurting post-Moss. They contemplate taking Rice, but he is almost the same WR as Williamson. They have the speed of Moss, and now get the hands and redzone threat that he brought in Sammardzija. Vikings fans might not like this pickÖ

18. Arizona Cardinals- Sam Baker OT USC
The Cardinals needed to pick up a safety, but there werenít any worth taking in the first round. Their offensive line is still one of the worst in the league, so they grab the best lineman still on the board, in Sam Baker. Great pass blocker, and can block for Leinart again in Arizona.

19. Pittsburgh Steelers- Patrick Willis MLB Ole Miss
The Steelers locked up Willie Parker to a long-term deal, so are looking for a goal line runner, not a franchise back. So they skip that need, and move onto the defensive side of the ball, and grab the replacement to James Farrior. Also, you can never have too many linebackers in the 3-4 defense.

20. Denver Broncos- Sydney Rice WR South Carolina
The Broncos do not have many pressing needs on their team. They could upgrade at the defensive line, or grab a replacement for Lynch, but they donít let a talent like Rice pass them up. They get this kid, and it gives Cutler a perfect downfield target to throw the deep ball to.

21. New York Giants- Antonie Cason CB Arizona
The Giants are going to have some trouble in the playoffs this year, especially in the pass defense. They have a solid overall team, but need to get a physical cornerback. They grab Cason, who can become the shutdown corner on this team that they desperately need.

22. Philadelphia Eagles- Kenny Irons RB Auburn
Yes, Eagles fans, you do need a runningback. As much as you say otherwise, Westbrook cannot carry the load of an everydown runningback for this team. Andy Reid will find out that in the playoffs, you need a physical back, and Westbrook is the exact opposite. They grab a franchise runningback, one that they havenít had sinceÖI donít know when that ever was.

23. Baltimore Ravens- Drew Stanton QB Michigan State
The Ravens donít have much of a need at any specific position, and since they have already failed on Boller, they search for the replacement to Steve McNair. Stanton is a great choice for this team, and give every team in the AFC North a young, franchise quarterback.

24. New England Patriots- LaMarr Woodley DE/OLB Michigan
The Patriots have some needs, particularly on defense. Not because of talent, but because of age. They draft Woodley here, to be the next great Patriot LB tweener. He can replace the void that McGinest left, as well as help out in the age department for a group that includes Bruschi, Brown, Seau, and Vrabel.

25. New England Patriots (Seattle)- Dwayne Bowe WR LSU
The Patriots also need a WR. They have speed guys, but they really donít have any physical WRís. I have a feeling Bowe is going to have a breakout year, and will give the Patriots the redzone target, and the possession receiver that they need to line up next to Chad Jackson.

26. Cincinnati Bengals- Justin Blalock OG Texas
The Bengals are more than likely going to lose both of their starting guards in free agency this year. Since they donít have many glaring needs on either side of the ball, they pick up Blalock to replace Steinbach, who more than likely, is gone in free agency.

27. Carolina Panthers- Levi Brown OT Penn State
The Panthers are a great team, but they lack two things. One is a playmaking safety, and the other is a left tackle. Jordan Gross is solid at one tackle, and Levi Brown can come in and hopefully take over at that LT spot that is so crucial in the NFL.

28. Indianapolis Colts- Rufus Alexander OLB Oklahoma
The Colts were dangerous all year long, but the problem with them reaching the super bowl will again come down to their poor run defense. Also, they might lose Cato June, their best linebacker, in free agency this year, so Alexander is the pick. They love fast linebackers, and Alexander has plenty of that.

29. Chicago Bears- Greg Olsen TE Miami
The Bears, believe it or not, are going to have a sold offense this year. With the emergence of Grossman, they now have the defense, as well as the quarterback for the future. They are thrilled that the next Shockey falls into their laps, to give Grossman a solid target to throw to, and for someone to take pressure of Muhammad.

30. San Diego Chargers- H.B. Blades ILB Pittsburgh
The Chargers are trying to trade Donnie Edwards away, and I would imagine that someone who is making a playoff push will accept that trade. So, I would be surprised if they didnít address this position in their draft, by picking up a younger version of Edwards, in Blades.

31. Atlanta Falcons- Frank Okam DT Texas
The Falcons obviously have a need for some big bodies inside. Their defense propels them to the super bowl, but they are going to have to replace Gravy Jackson at the end of this season for age reasons. They get the run plugger they wanted, in selecting Okam.

32. Jacksonville Jaguars- Buster Davis ILB/OLB Florida State
After an amazing show of defense in the super bowl victory against the Falcons, the Jaguars are in perfect position, even in their draft. With the emergence of MoJo at runningback, this is no longer a need. They donít have any glaring needs, but they could go for an upgrade at linebacker. They turn the undersized Buster Davis into an outside linebacker, and it fits the scheme perfectly. The only knock on Davis is that he doesnít get off his blocks well enough. He wonít be consistently taking on blocks in this defense, because of the doubleteams that Stroud and Henderson require. Also, the Jaguars have two pro-bowl linebackers that O-lineman are going to have to worry about as well. Jacksonville gets a steal.

33. Oakland Raiders- Brandon Siler OLB Florida
34. Houston Texans- Tom Zbikowski SS Notre Dame
35. Detroit Lions- Troy Smith QB Ohio State
36. Cleveland Browns- Adam Carriker DE Nebraska
37. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Doug Free OT Northern Illinois
38. Tennessee Titans- Dan Connors OLB Penn State
39. Green Bay Packers- Daymeion Hughes CB California
40. Miami Dolphins- Alan Branch DT Michigan
41. San Francisco 49ers- Leon Hall CB Michigan
42. Buffalo Bills- Jake Long- Michigan
43. St. Louis Rams- Earl Everett- OLB Florida
44. Kansas City Chiefs- Jason Hill- WR Washington State
45. New York Jets- Michael Bush- RB Louisville
46. New Orleans Saints- Tarrell Brown- CB Texas
47. Dallas Cowboys- Kyle Young- OG/C Fresno State
48. Washington Redskins- Jay Alford- DT Penn State
49. Minnesota Vikings- Brian Leonard- FB/HB Rutgers
50. Arizona Cardinals- Aaron Rouse- SS Virginia Tech
51. Pittsburgh Steelers- Deandre Jackson- CB Iowa State
52. Denver Broncos- Eric Weddle- SS Utah State
53. New York Giants- Arron Sears- OT Tennessee
54. Philadelphia Eagles- Zach Miller- TE Arizona State
55. Baltimore Ravens- Tim Crowder- DE Texas
56. New England Patriots- Marcus McCauley- CB Fresno State
57. Seattle Seahawks- Darrelle Revis- CB Pittsburgh
58. Cincinnati Bengals- Ryan Kalil- C USC
59. Carolina Panthers- Clark Harris- TE Rutgers
60. Indianapolis Colts- Samson Satele- OG Hawaii
61. Chicago Bears- Xavier Adibi- OLB Virginia Tech
62. San Diego Chargers- Steve Smith- WR USC
63. Atlanta Falcons- John Talley- CB Duke
64. Jacksonville Jaguars- Dan Bazuin- DE Centr
broncosfan_101

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While WR isn't a first day need, it would be nearly impossible to pass up Rice at no.20. He is definitely BPA there, so a pretty good pick. Weddle in the second is good as well.
TheRealMishemu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you poor soul, please get better

[LINK REMOVED BY MOD]

ill pray for u
HiFi

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)
Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Raiders fan, I can absolutely say I don't want us to take Brady Quinn, but it could happen.

Thanks for your take. Very Happy
Hiero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i definitely disagree with how the cowboys pick, you seriously think the cardinals are going to better than them this year? I'd probably kill myself. anyways I love the picks though, a good young QB and Kyle Young at Guard would be nice.

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
SyracuseRams

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
11. St. Louis Rams- Michael Griffin SS Texas
The Rams have talent, but cannot seem to stop any teamís WRís. The linebacker position is a need for this team, but they lost a lot when Archuletta left, so they grab Griffin in an attempt to replace him. Griffin, Hill, Bartell, and Otogwe are all young, and have tons of talent. The Rams could make a push in 2007-2008.

Ewwwwwwww no, Adam Archuleta has the most stone hands in the world. He was wiffing on tackles all year last year and he was absolutely horrible in coverage. I, for one, am very thankful he's gone.

Pretty decent picks though.
XSsoCX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like both the Bucs picks. Specially a Trojan to Tampa. Good job man.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the pick, but I don't know why you compared Rice to Williamson. Rice is 6-4 (only an inch shorter than Samarzija) and is probably a better jumper. I also think Rice over Samarzija, because he is partially comitted to baseball right now.

If there is a pick I don't like it's their 2nd rounder. I'm really not sure where that came from. I'd much rather have Zach Miller or Marcus McCauley.

Sig by chief_fan822003
Gang_Green03

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good jets draft I wouldn't complain. We have Washington's 2nd rounder and that would be NT, RT, or Leonard.
patman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you have Minn passing on Stanton? If you valuestanton as a mid first, no team has a bigger need than minny.
Hiero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

patman wrote:
Why do you have Minn passing on Stanton? If you valuestanton as a mid first, no team has a bigger need than minny.

even though they just picked a qb in the 2nd rd who would be perfect for the wco?

Props to IDOG_det on the sig.
BrettWolfe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great first round pick for miami, but with Leon hall still on the board that would be hard to pass up.

Dolphins Fan
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
6. Tennessee Titans- Gaines Adams DE Clemson
The Titans were looking for a wide receiver, but they certainly donít mind Adams falling to them with this pick. Adams is a very scary pass rusher that can help this defense immensely, like Jevon Kearse did for this same unit.

I don't think that we will be that good this year and won't end up with that low of a draft pick...I expect us to be somewhere between 2-4 in the draft.

Good pick for us since we do need another DE of the future to play alongside of Kyle Vanden Bosch. We then have a great young DL with the signing of Robaire Smith in the offseason...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 7:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No offense, but this isnt one of the better mock drafts Ive seen on this site. Honestly, its just downright bad. The Texans will trade down before they do that. They have so many other needs aside from running back its not funny.
King Legend

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

15. Dallas Cowboys- Brian Brohm QB Louisville
The Cowboys will struggle this year. With the injury to Owens, total lack of an offensive line, and one old quarterback, and another unproven one, they wonít be able to survive in this division. They eventually give Romo a shot, but he proves to be nothing but a backup in this league, so they get the best arm in the draft. A young Bledsoe, with better accuracy.

sir don't say retarded stuff like that, the onhly people struggling in our division are the Giants and the Redskins.

Have you seen the Dallas defense, it's a bunch of first round draft picks and monsters

IDK man, whenever I see Adrian Peterson I start to blush and get little butterflies in my stomach, Bush is Pretty, Peterson is MAN pretty...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: