Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My Draft Results
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lois must die

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:45 pm    Post subject: My Draft Results Reply with quote

Oakland 1. Quinn- Have you seen that Oakland Offens(iv)e? I don’t believe that year one of the Quinn experiment will be any better but at least Moss might complain less

Tennessee 2. Johnson- if there D stays tough, Young’s accuracy improves, and LenDale turns into a real back then all they will need is a top receiver to take them to the playoffs. Granted they won’t sniff the playoffs for a while but Johnson sticky hands will catch those uncatchable passes Young throws

Cleveland 3. Peterson- He could be the next 2000 yard back, of course that will have to be after he leaves Cleveland in free agency but with Droughns on his last legs I think it would be wise to select him if he is still around. Even post injury that is not insured

Lions 4. Brohm QB- Well Kitna isn’t the answer to the greatest show on turf and this Kid looked pretty good orchestrated the Louisville offense when he wasn’t hurt. Let Martz start to mold him.

Miami 5. Thomas OT- What happens when your QB returns from leg injuries, big ones and you can’t protect? You pick 5th, luckily Saban gets to pick up some help on that line although he really wants a ‘backer

GB 6. Lynch RB- Green is good but I have heard so many no names get handed the ball by Farve I am offended. With this pick GB becomes versatile and dangerous with Lynch and Green in the backfield

Pitt 7. Landry S- A true playmaker and ballhawk in every sense of the word, Landry is an impact player in the deep patrol and exactly the type of presence that Pittsburgh is searching for. This is high for a normal safety but Landry isn't normal. Think of him teaming with Troy… o the possibilities

KC 8. Stanton- Huard, ever hear about him before this year? I agree he hasn’t screwed up that much but KC should have grabbed a QB last season but take Stanton overvalued at 8 here.

TB 9. Posluszny- yes I can see TB drafting a DE here to eventually replace Rice in a few years but I think they see the big picture for next year, a top linebacking crew.

Arizona 10. Brown OT- In recent years the Cardinals have assembled one of the best offenses in the league but all of that talent at quarterback, running back and wide receiver will mean nothing if they can't block up front. To say that the Arizona offensive line has been terrible would be an understatement. Needless to say adding Brown would make things a lot easier on Matt Leinart and Edgerrin James

49ers 11. Ginn Jr- electric playmaker. Although he isn’t the top receiver in his own backyard he is exactly what SF should pick up and be happy with for the next 10 years. That offense looks good this year just think of the next 7-10: Ginn, Smith, Davis, Gore, and Bryant say hello to future playoffs

WAS 12. McCauley CB- In recent years the Skins have done a lot to overhaul their secondary, using high draft picks on Sean Taylor and Carlos Rogers while investing serious free agent dollars in Shawn Springs and Adam Archuletta. Even though they have one of the best starting groups though the depth leaves a lot to be desired.

HOU 13. Baker OT- Since their inception the Texans have been in search of a premier left tackle but after failed experiments with the likes of Tony Boselli, Chester Pitts and Seth Wand they've come up empty to this point and Charles Spencer really isn't the answer either.

Bills 14. Jarrett WR- A prolific receiver since his true freshman year with the Trojans, Dwayne Jarrett has outstanding size and a real knack for getting in the end zone that could help him become the player that Mike Williams was supposed to be. A great number 2 behind Evans who has come into his own.

Carolina 15. Meriweather S- After losing Will Witherspoon as a free agent the Panthers moved former first rounder Thomas Davis from safety to linebacker but in the process they essentially created a weakness to address another. Shaun Williams is well past his prime and not a long-term solution while Colin Branch is more of a backup than starter so at some point Carolina is going to have to bring in a safety to team with Mike Minter, why not the best one left?

Phily 16. Rice WR- No TO and Stallworth leaving at the end of the season… Pick a receiver. Physically Rice has just about everything you look for in a top receiver including outstanding size, hands and ball skills and while there are still some question marks the potential rewards probably outweigh the risks at this point.

Dallas 17. Blaylock G- The Cowboys have some serious questions along the offensive line with aging veterans and lackluster journeymen types abound so that would appear to be among their greatest needs and to land a guy like Justin Blalock here would be an ideal situation for them. Blalock is a college offensive tackle who could also shift inside to guard at the next level and while that versatility is a major plus in his favor he would be looked upon to provide long-term stability at right tackle in Big D.

Jets 18. Irons- Father time has finally caught up with Curtis Martin and it looks like the future Hall of Famers career is over so with that in mind New York opts to bring in a stud runner with this premium pick. With the Barlow pick unsuccessful it is easy to see a RB drafted here.

BAL 19. Quentin Moses DE/ OLB- Steal of the Draft, but then again Baltimore does that with defensive players. Even though he lacks elite timed speed Quentin Moses is an outstanding athlete who early in his career even saw some action on the Bulldogs basketball team. Moses will help carry on the strong recent tradition that Georgia has of sending top defensive linemen on to the pros

STL 20. Miller TE- After bursting onto the scene as a true freshman in 2004 Zach Miller has been one of the most productive tight ends in the college game and would give the Rams another top pass catching threat at the position. Why not pick another TE?

NE 21. Hall CB- You can always count on Scott Pioli, Bill Belichick and the Patriots to find players who not only fit their style of play on the field but who are also with the program in terms of what they look for off the field as well. This selection may finally give New England the true #1 coverman that they have been looking for since Law was allowed to leave as a free agent.

Cinci 22. Olsen TE- Last year the Bengals should have picked a TE that could catch the ball so it is no surprise they grab the second best one here. A major threat in the passing game with the speed to get deep, Olsen would be a tremendous addition to the Cincinnati offense and give Carson Palmer yet another weapon to utilize.

NO 23. Willis LB- It's not an exaggeration to say that the Saints have been in search of a stud linebacker for a good decade and despite using first day picks on the likes of Sedrick Hodge, James Allen, Courtney Watson and Alfred Fincher the position is still without question the weakest on the team. New Orleans was all set to take A.J. Hawk at #2 overall this year until Reggie Bush fell into their laps.

JAX 24. Adams DE- another year that that great front 4 goes down. Adams, a top lineman should let there be little to no drop off next season

ATL 25. Okam DT- wherever the Falcons draft their eyes should be set on this guy. He is an elite inside man that could make that Defense have more bite.

NYG 26. Quinn Pitcock DT- The G-Men just might have the best group of defensive ends in the league but they probably have the worst group of tackles so it's high time to bring in some help. Even though Ohio St. lost a ton of defensive talent to the 2006 NFL Draft the Buckeyes still have a stud in Pitcock up front, who can be an all-around force in the middle both against the run as well as the pass.

Minny 27. Aaron Rouse, S- Physical freak who will drop jaws at the Combine and Senior Bowl workouts. Former LB has all the plusses and minuses of Cowboys S Roy Williams, though not as high of a talent ceiling.

Denver 28. Woodley DE- Last year Denver was widely panned for their decision to patch the defensive line with Cleveland Brown castoffs like Gerard Warren and Courtney Brown but in the end those moves worked out pretty well, but they say lightning doesn’t strike twice. Enter this elite end and those fears go away.

NE (Seattle) 29. Dan Connor LB- call me crazy but if the Pats need to take a 37 year old man out of retirement to play linebacker for them they need some good youth.

Indy 30. Davis LB- Buster Davis has helped himself in terms of draft stock more than any player in the country since the season began and even though he lacks the ideal height and speed that you look for the guy is simply a playmaker and would fit well in the Colts defensive scheme. Davis is also very versatile with experience at both inside and outside linebacker and he could easily project to either spot in the pros.

Chicago 31. Samardzija- Samardzija is a great athlete with ideal size, good hands and tremendous body control

SD 32. Quentin Groves DE/ LB- Chargers are a good Speedy backer from making Winning the Super Bowl… o wait I have them winning. No reason that they can’t get that good linebacker and compete again next year. (for all those that doubt SD can get here with a young QB I ask you to look at Pitt’s formula last year)
bigdog2372

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:59 pm    Post subject: Re: My Draft Results Reply with quote

Lois must die wrote:

TB 9. Posluszny- yes I can see TB drafting a DE here to eventually replace Rice in a few years but I think they see the big picture for next year, a top linebacking crew.

I like it....Poz, Barrett Ruud, and D.B....are you kidding me? We'd have some serious tackling freaks with that crew....and yes I think D.B. still has the passion and the wheels to play a few more years...

Big "Thanks" to IAmPacman for creating this Sig!
TTitanFAN32

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a tip, try and use there first names next time to help out if there are two different players with the same last name. Not that you couldn't tell from what position that they play as well but it just helps IMO. Wink

Quote:
Tennessee 2. Johnson- if there D stays tough, Young’s accuracy improves, and LenDale turns into a real back then all they will need is a top receiver to take them to the playoffs. Granted they won’t sniff the playoffs for a while but Johnson sticky hands will catch those uncatchable passes Young throws

Perfect pick for the Titans though.

He is exactly the player that we would take if he is still available for us in the draft.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no reason to believe the Eagles won't be resigning Stallworth.

Thanks to Y2lamanaki
vikingschamps

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know. yeah the vikings have had some injuries at safety, but it is still one of their strongest positions. i would prefer the shark here. he would be a good compliment to williamson and could actually catch the ball.

Cali2Wisco wrote:
Mark my words:Badgers WILL win the Big Ten in 07
Marked

coltsR#1 wrote:
Mark my words......Purdue will beat OSU.
MWil23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Re: My Draft Results Reply with quote

Lois must die wrote:

Cleveland 3. Peterson- He could be the next 2000 yard back, of course that will have to be after he leaves Cleveland in free agency but with Droughns on his last legs I think it would be wise to select him if he is still around. Even post injury that is not insured

A little unnecessary...just a little...

With that being said I love the pick.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:59 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

I don't think bengals will take TE in 1st inless its Zach Miller (balanced)
plus with defense talent falling right after their pick (willis,pittcock & adams i just dont see them passong for TE)

I think TE for bengals will be 2nd or 4th rnd pick or trade down and grab one with their first pick.
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great lions pick. It would be nice if we could finally find a franchise QB in the draft. I think millen might go defense, and in that case he would probably look at Landry because we've wanted an impact safety the last few drafts but they've gone before our pick (Taylor, Huff). Nice job overall.
bigdog2372

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Re: My Draft Results Reply with quote

MWil23 wrote:
Lois must die wrote:

A little unnecessary...just a little...

With that being said I love the pick.

LOL, I feel your pain of having a terrible line...

Big "Thanks" to IAmPacman for creating this Sig!
JerryRice80

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 9ers have to go defense on the first day unless its Calvin Johnson, Give us one of Leon Hall or Marcus McCauley
holt_bruce81

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the rams drafted 2 TEs (klopfenstein, byrd) in last years draft, why would they need another one? the rams would pick patrick willis or buster davis in that spot

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the Vikings pick, and how high they are drafting at.

RedandGold

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
KC 8. Stanton- Huard, ever hear about him before this year? I agree he hasn’t screwed up that much but KC should have grabbed a QB last season but take Stanton overvalued at 8 here.

Stanton at 8 seems way to high for me....if we target Stanton I think we can drop 8-10 spaces and still get him....Jarrett is much better value for the number 8 overall. I know we need a QB but we shouldnt have to make such a reach unless Stanton really turns it up the rest of the year.

WORST COACH IN KC HISTORY
Thanks for the sig Saintsfan
SyracuseRams

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew Stanton is no longer a first rounder, he shouldn't have been to begin with. He's one of the most inconsistent QBs in college today and when he's off he puts up Ryan Leaf's NFL numbers.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: