Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first UPDATED mock draft (w/ explanation as best I can)
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject: My first UPDATED mock draft (w/ explanation as best I can) Reply with quote

Mind you this is off of current rankings. I updated on losses first and foremost then I went on off Points for and against and w/e has the largest margin between the 2 gets the higher ranking except for Pittsburgh who I think shouldn't really be 2-4 if Big Ben wasn't being an idiot during the offseason. Also I would like to point out that none of the Texas players declared because this is Texas we're talking about and only traitor VY declared there. As well as Antoine Cason, Sidney Rice, Lawrence Jackson, and any others that you think are good and should be up here I probably thought they would stay in school until next year.

OP- Other possiblities

1. Oakland: Calvin Johnson- Im sticking to this pick with everything thats happened, and its looking more and more like they will draft CJ and give Walter another year.

2. Arizona: Joe Thomas- Sorry but the cards deserve this spot after that display they put on for the Oaky's and select the best safety pick in the draft for them, just incase they cant resign Davis.

3. Miami: Paul Posluszny- I see them trading down from this pick to give someone a shot at Peterson but that would be to much work for me to work on that one so I give them Paul. A reach here but I dont know who else to give them besides Landry. But I see Jason Allen stepping up next year nicely and Posl- w/e his name is can switch from weak OR strongside to eventually replace Thomas in the middle.

4. Tennessee: Gaines Adams- I would have given Landry here but the safety position is somewhat deep this year and I think the Titans can wait for a safety or tackle in the next round so I think this would give them a good pass rusher for at least 5 years.

5. Detroit: Brian Brohm- I do think Quinn is the better QB overall but Brohm is a better pocket passer and thats just what Martz wants. The team will not leave it up to Martz to draft a guy he wants and I know the team will probably want a yound QB in the 1st round so they at least let Martz make the pick on who he wants and he picks Brohm.

6. Cleveland: Adrian Peterson- I dont know if I will recieve praise or more bashing for this but I think Cleveland wil jump on Peterson seeing as how they cant pass on a playmaker like this and would give Frye and the rest of the offense someone to depend on if he can prove he can stay healthy.

7. San Francisco: Dwayne Jarrett- Again a puzzeling pick for alot of you out there, and I know they have PLENTY of other needs but they definitely need offense, and Jarrett will give Alex Smith a real playmaker and big reciever to throw to. And this will make a deadly combination for years to come.

8. Houston: LaRon Landry- Im not sure if Houston will trade up to take Peterson but if they dont Landry will make a great addition to an already up and coming defense.

9. Buffalo: Brady Quinn- Ok so maybe Losman might have been a bad pick, its ok. Its not the end of the world. Yall draft Quinn yall get better.

10. Greenbay: Marshawn Lynch- I do think if the draft happened right now 2 or 3 teams would be fighting to trade up and get Peterson and seeing as how im not doing trades in this one. Lynch will be a very welcome addition to an aging backfield with Green just getting older and no one else would rival Lynch, so good job Packers.

11. Tampabay: Levi Brown- Brown is a very solid left tackle and will provide great protection and running lanes for the Bucs so they cant be all sad with this pick and not another skill player.

12. Washington: Quentin Moses- They really do need a linebacker rather then a D-Lineman, but their defense needs help and moses can be a dominant End for the Redskins.

13. Kansas City: Jeff Samardzija- Im sticking with this pick as well. The Chiefs need to take more pressure off Johnson and they can do that easily with Jeff who I think will give up Baseball once he sees his first paycheck here. He is a quicker version of Matt Jones and can actually catch!

14. Jacksonville: Jared Gaither- The Jags should be glad Gaither fell to here who many believe will make a great NFL tackle and he can help lay the ground and pass game for them. Yea I already know they have Williams but who else are they gonna with this much potential to help get the offense going?

15. N.Y. Jets: Michael Bush- I think some people will want Irons here but I feel Bush is such a good athlete that he will not only make a complete comeback from injury that he may even upstage both other running backs not named Peterson at the combine.

16. Carolina: Justin Blalock- The Panthers need some help up front and Blalock and come in and start right away for them and be dominant.

17. Philadelphia: Jake Long- The eagles are expecting Justice to start on the left and having Long on the right will make a great line to protect McNabb for years and probably until his retirement.

18. N.Y.Giants: Kenny Irons- I may should have given Irons to Philly to help and one day replace Westbrook but thats over and done with and if what Tiki said is true the Giants need some immediate help in the back and Irons can probably carry the load with Jacobs.

19. Dallas: Ted Ginn Jr.- I know this may shock some of you but I think there is a good chance Ginn falls this far. And Dallas in need of a wide reciever takes Ginn. They do need a guard but Blalock is already gone so they take the next best reciever on the board and stick with Ginn.

20.New England (Sea): LaMarr Woodley- Patriots not taking any chances leaving Woodley to get picked up by the Steelers take a guy who can come in and with a little experience can replace McGinest whos now with the Browns.

21. St.Louis: Daymeion Hughes- They need a CB and the rest of the really good receivers and ends are off the board so they take the best CB available.

22. Pittsburgh: Patrick Willis- Steelers need to add depth at linebacker and taking the best ILB on the board is a good deal for them.

23. Cinncinati: Quinn Pitcock- Pitcock is an aggressive DT that will help solidify the Bengals line. Merriweather did cross my mind here but I think Pitcock is the better pick.

24. Atlanta: Michael Griffin- Griffin is bigger and more versitale in the Safety positions then Merriweather and is a ferocious and relentless hitter which has come to be expected of Texas Defensive backs. I dunno I think they could draft Sam Baker here whos potential is huge but they seem like they like to pick DB's for some reason so im doing it for them. Haha

25. Minnesota: Earl Everatt- Everatt will help make the Linebacker squad very good once he steps in. I was thinking about Alan Branch here but this pick is just as good in my opinion.

26. Baltimore: Tim Crowder- Suggs and Crowder will make an excellent pass rush for Baltimore and one of Crowders biggest strengths is playing against the run which is saying something. I also have a feeling and yall can critisize me on this but I do think Baltimore might pick up Stanton or Smith with this pick or even Sam Baker to maybe eventually replace Ogden, but thats for yall to decide.

27. San Diego: Brandon Meriweather - Now that the Chargers have to good CB's its time to get help in the back secondary and they get Merriweather.

28. New Orleans: Alan Branch- Their secondary is doing alright right now and Branch is an excellent DT and could probably develop into a Albert Haynesworth type tackle. Hope he wont stomp on anyones head.

29. Denver: Marcus Thomas- A great defense just got better with the addition Thomas who is a quick and strong DT who can get to the QB. The offensive woes fall on Plummer not anyone else so they just upgrade on defense in this round.

30. New England: Marcus McCauley- They need to start getting younger on defense but they already have a great OLB on board with Woodley so they look to the secondary for right now and draft McCauley.

31. Indianapolis: Sam Baker- Colts draft a guy who can help them on the offensive line. Baker has a huge upside he just needs to be pushed but you can see him in Probowls once he does.

32. Chicago- Rufus Alexander- With the need of a linebacker here because of the possibilty that Briggs wont be back Rufus is a welcome addition. He'll straighten up around Urlacher and the rest of the defense who has some good team leaders to keep him in line.

Last edited by Calvert28 on Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hungry Man

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
1. Oakland: Calvin Johnson- Art Shell will still be head coach next year which means Joey Porter will probably be released or traded. Moss as well may be traded, so Art Shell may see CJ as a safe and very reliable pick. Besides Al Davis would love a high profile player like Calvin coming to Oakland. OP 1st Adrian Peterson 2nd Brady Quinn

Nice pick and explanation. Although its JERRY Porter not JOEY Porter. Wink
Patsfan01

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THE PATS HAVE SEATTLE'S FIRST ROUNDER. Woodley is decent.

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
2. Tennessee: Dwayne Jarrett- Possibly trading down to grab him or someone else but its no secret that the Titans need some offensive help especially at reciever and Jarrett is the next best thing to all-world Johnson. Lendale White is the future Eddie George of the team and Jarrett would help make Young one of the elite QB's of the league for years to come. OP - 1st Joe Thomas 2nd Gaines Adams

Bad pick for Tennessee.

We don't need a WR in this draft unless we get a shot at taking Calvin Johnson. He is just to good of a playmaker for the offense to pass up on but if he is not there then we won't go with that position.

Some better picks would be Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson, or Gaines Adams.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible pick for Cleveland. Crennel and Savage beleive in Frye and they will not go for a Brady Quinn (who I think will be in Oakland anyhow). They will be going for someone like a Jake Long who I think is much better than you have him rated. If not him I could see them going after a Kenny Irons or Marshawn Lynch. They need running help and OL help. If Quinn is still there, Savage is the kind of GM who will trade with someone in desperate need of Quinn.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a very good Cards pick.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA!! I dont think so. We would take Lynch or Cason here.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

reaching a little bit on the miami pick?
TheRealMishemu

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we dont take 1st round LB nor is it a 1st round need
Tall_Ogre

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt Baltimore takes a RB with Lewis and Anderson already.
diezjabronie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:33 pm    Post subject: Re: My first mock draft (w/ explanation as best I can) Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
5. Detroit: Brian Brohm- Dont burn me for this but I think with Martz in the system he would rather a pass happy Brohm who reminds him of a young Warner who he went to 2 superbowls with. Brohm is a very smart quaterback with nice delivery and accuracy who would be a great compliment to the outstanding talent around him. Has a great pocket presence and will use both Williams's and Jones to the best of their ability. OP- 1st Gaines Adams again not getting picked but first here 2nd Justin Blalock good help to the line

6.Miami: Levi Jones- Nick Saban who will decide to stick with Culpepper one more year or two needs to get him some protection and its not happening with the line they have now, so enter Levi Jones a solid LT will help open up lanes for Ronnie Brown and try to not let Culpepper break something. What the hell happened to Daunte anwyays, wasn't he supposed to be freaking awsome? OP- 1st Paul Posluszny 2nd Quinn Pitcock

Mike Martz has never selected a QB above the sixth round. What makes you think he will use a top 10 pick on the injury plagued Brohm? He first has to stay healthy for an entire college football season before some GM is foolish to use a top 10 pick on him. What makes you think Brohm will leave? He has another year left and some of his family members are on the coaching staff at Louisville.

How is Miami going to acquire Levi Jones? Trade for him? He plays for the Cincinnati Bengals.

By the way, Welcome to the forum.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cards pick their would be Laron landry or jared gaither if he come sout

LETS GO CARDS !
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:57 pm    Post subject: Re: My first mock draft (w/ explanation as best I can) Reply with quote

diezjabronie wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
5. Detroit: Brian Brohm- Dont burn me for this but I think with Martz in the system he would rather a pass happy Brohm who reminds him of a young Warner who he went to 2 superbowls with. Brohm is a very smart quaterback with nice delivery and accuracy who would be a great compliment to the outstanding talent around him. Has a great pocket presence and will use both Williams's and Jones to the best of their ability. OP- 1st Gaines Adams again not getting picked but first here 2nd Justin Blalock good help to the line

6.Miami: Levi Jones- Nick Saban who will decide to stick with Culpepper one more year or two needs to get him some protection and its not happening with the line they have now, so enter Levi Jones a solid LT will help open up lanes for Ronnie Brown and try to not let Culpepper break something. What the hell happened to Daunte anwyays, wasn't he supposed to be freaking awsome? OP- 1st Paul Posluszny 2nd Quinn Pitcock

Mike Martz has never selected a QB above the sixth round. What makes you think he will use a top 10 pick on the injury plagued Brohm? He first has to stay healthy for an entire college football season before some GM is foolish to use a top 10 pick on him. What makes you think Brohm will leave? He has another year left and some of his family members are on the coaching staff at Louisville.

How is Miami going to acquire Levi Jones? Trade for him? He plays for the Cincinnati Bengals.

By the way, Welcome to the forum.

"Mike Martz has never selected a QB above the sixth round"

It will be a very funny ad happy day for all of the NFC when an offensive coordinator is calling all the draft day shots!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TTitanFAN32 wrote:
Quote:
2. Tennessee: Dwayne Jarrett- Possibly trading down to grab him or someone else but its no secret that the Titans need some offensive help especially at reciever and Jarrett is the next best thing to all-world Johnson. Lendale White is the future Eddie George of the team and Jarrett would help make Young one of the elite QB's of the league for years to come. OP - 1st Joe Thomas 2nd Gaines Adams

Bad pick for Tennessee.

We don't need a WR in this draft unless we get a shot at taking Calvin Johnson. He is just to good of a playmaker for the offense to pass up on but if he is not there then we won't go with that position.

Some better picks would be Joe Thomas, Adrian Peterson, or Gaines Adams.

Your right I was reaching a little bit with Jarrett here and I think the Titans would select Joe Thomas but I was thinking that they would want to upgrade with Jake Long another exceptional tackle or hopefully Blalock would fall to the second round.
Miamicanes460

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as Cleveland goes, i would be upset if they went with Quinn. He wont fall that far, no matter what, but even if he was there, id rather have Brohm as our quarterback...or Frye. Frye is the real deal, and once he gets more mature, he will be a GREAT player. Also, I love michael bush, and he is my pick for OROY, but he won't go that early, especially to a team like the Packers. Also, the Browns will more than likely be in the top 5, because of their brutal schedule. In thinking, Cleveland will try to trade down, and upgrade their O-Line, if not trying to acquire the 2 1st rounders from New England. In an ideal world, Cle trades down to Pats, Pats get Jarrett, Cle. gets Sam Baker/Micahel Bush in the 1st.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: