Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first UPDATED mock draft (w/ explanation as best I can)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milio20 wrote:
Terrible pick for Cleveland. Crennel and Savage beleive in Frye and they will not go for a Brady Quinn (who I think will be in Oakland anyhow). They will be going for someone like a Jake Long who I think is much better than you have him rated. If not him I could see them going after a Kenny Irons or Marshawn Lynch. They need running help and OL help. If Quinn is still there, Savage is the kind of GM who will trade with someone in desperate need of Quinn.

Not quite as terrible as it would seem, Quinn is a fan favorite and goldenboy in Notre Dame and Cleveland is in the next state over. Dont get me wrong I think the Browns can win just fine with Frye. But Quinn would be a great addition and a steal at this pick. The only other teams that would trade up to get him as far as I can tell is Buffalo (if they even need him, which means if they dont they wont trade up) if they dont even try that means Kansas City might do a Eli, Rivers type trade with the Browns. So thats why I picked Quinn here cause its a win win situation for them.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fishfan79 wrote:
reaching a little bit on the miami pick?

Jones is a very good tackle in my opinion and could start right away. I have the feeling Miami will take a lineman in the 1st but it is a tossup between Long, Baker, Jones, or Blalock.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gaines Adams is a terrific pass rusher and would upgrade their D-Line instantly stchamp. Although I do like a safety here, Green will wait maybe until later rounds and see if Michael Griffan falls to him, whereas there wont be to many good pass rushing D-Ends in the draft this year in my opinion.

Therealmishemu- The eagles are doing alot better this year, and in my opinion they would take rivers who is a real physical backer with great speed, range, and just all-around athletiscm.

Tall_Ogre- Your right Baltimore could take another pick to upgrade their defense.......AGAIN! But Lewis is getting older and they need to add more depth to their RB position and Lynch would be a good add here. Although they could go for a Jake Long here, but I like the Lynch pick whos a quality player.

diezjabronie- ok ok just to let all you know i've been watching football all day so i've been getting some names wrong. I meant the tackle for Penn State Levi Brown. But to clear it up here I dont think Brohm is as injury prone as people make them out to be and QB is the Lions most glaring need. Yea they could draft more defense but its not as glaring as the need under center. Martz I think will take Brohm over Quinn because he plays in a more pass-happy system and seems to make better decisions then Quinn and is more of a pocket passer then he is as well. Combine that with all the talent they have around them and you have a very good offense. Now the front office and the head coach will want to draft a QB I bet and I bet you they will leave which QB up to Martz who will be working with him.

I will be answering more questions if you ask them. I stand by my draft and have thought it through with the best of my knowledge. Ask away some more and I will explain myself more.
stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Gaines Adams is a terrific pass rusher and would upgrade their D-Line instantly stchamp. Although I do like a safety here, Green will wait maybe until later rounds and see if Michael Griffan falls to him, whereas there wont be to many good pass rushing D-Ends in the draft this year in my opinion.

Therealmishemu- The eagles are doing alot better this year, and in my opinion they would take rivers who is a real physical backer with great speed, range, and just all-around athletiscm.

Tall_Ogre- Your right Baltimore could take another pick to upgrade their defense.......AGAIN! But Lewis is getting older and they need to add more depth to their RB position and Lynch would be a good add here. Although they could go for a Jake Long here, but I like the Lynch pick whos a quality player.

diezjabronie- ok ok just to let all you know i've been watching football all day so i've been getting some names wrong. I meant the tackle for Penn State Levi Brown. But to clear it up here I dont think Brohm is as injury prone as people make them out to be and QB is the Lions most glaring need. Yea they could draft more defense but its not as glaring as the need under center. Martz I think will take Brohm over Quinn because he plays in a more pass-happy system and seems to make better decisions then Quinn and is more of a pocket passer then he is as well. Combine that with all the talent they have around them and you have a very good offense. Now the front office and the head coach will want to draft a QB I bet and I bet you they will leave which QB up to Martz who will be working with him.

I will be answering more questions if you ask them. I stand by my draft and have thought it through with the best of my knowledge. Ask away some more and I will explain myself more.

Upgrade our dline?? I'm very curious as to why our line needs any upgrading at all...

Where do you suggest we play Adams then?? Okeafor's not being replaced so that's out of the question, neither is pro bowler Bertrand Berry, you want us to move him to OLB??

Green will wait until later rounds to fill our biggest need?? Also curious as to why that is....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:

im not saying the guy sucks or anything, its just that reid doesnt draft 1st LBs

he thinks if you make the DL great it doesnt matter who you have at LB
jetsfan4life51

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

give the Jets Marshawn Lynch or LaMarr Woodley.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lmfao the D-line needs to be upgraded or at least add some depth to after blowing a lead like they did last week where as that secondary came up wtih like what 6 INT? I just took the best player available for the cards and it always helps to have a good rotation going to keep the defense fresh. And besides who knows Griffan could be there in round 2 and that would be the steal for the Cards with this years draft class having more depth in secondary then in just my opinion the D-line. Not saying our wrong or anything you obviously study the Cardinals more then I do but it was just my pick and I took the best Defensive player available.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetsfan4life51 wrote:
give the Jets Marshawn Lynch or LaMarr Woodley.

I think Kenny Irons is a more shifty runner with better vision. I haven't watched Lynch that much but I think teams could afford to wait until late round 1 or 2nd for Lynch seeing as how RB's seem to have been dropping in drafts of late. Woodley is also a good pick here in my opinion but I didn't know the Jets were switching to 3-4 other I would have adjusted this.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Lmfao the D-line needs to be upgraded or at least add some depth to after blowing a lead like they did last week where as that secondary came up wtih like what 6 INT? I just took the best player available for the cards and it always helps to have a good rotation going to keep the defense fresh. And besides who knows Griffan could be there in round 2 and that would be the steal for the Cards with this years draft class having more depth in secondary then in just my opinion the D-line. Not saying our wrong or anything you obviously study the Cardinals more then I do but it was just my pick and I took the best Defensive player available.

That loss on monday was in no way shape or form any fault of the defence or QB or WR or TE or RB, but the OFFENSIVE LINE.. WE were absolutly CRAP!!!!

at that spot i would be horrified if we took Gaines Adams we dont take a 1st round pick to sit on the bench it just wont happen. We would look to fill our BIggest Need which is RT so we go Jared Gaither right there and he starts immediatly and if Griffen falls to us ion the 2nd take him instantly and then Kyle Young if he is still there or Dan Mozes in the 3rd round.

Gaines Adams is a possibly BPA but that isnt how DG drafts he take BPA in a postion of need hence Gaither or Landry

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
milio20

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
milio20 wrote:
Terrible pick for Cleveland. Crennel and Savage beleive in Frye and they will not go for a Brady Quinn (who I think will be in Oakland anyhow). They will be going for someone like a Jake Long who I think is much better than you have him rated. If not him I could see them going after a Kenny Irons or Marshawn Lynch. They need running help and OL help. If Quinn is still there, Savage is the kind of GM who will trade with someone in desperate need of Quinn.

Not quite as terrible as it would seem, Quinn is a fan favorite and goldenboy in Notre Dame and Cleveland is in the next state over. Dont get me wrong I think the Browns can win just fine with Frye. But Quinn would be a great addition and a steal at this pick. The only other teams that would trade up to get him as far as I can tell is Buffalo (if they even need him, which means if they dont they wont trade up) if they dont even try that means Kansas City might do a Eli, Rivers type trade with the Browns. So thats why I picked Quinn here cause its a win win situation for them.

Ohio for the most part does not like ND. They have OSU. Yes his sister is Hawk's wife but that kind of crap does not matter in the draft. Savage is not dumb. He will pick up a definite starter for this team becuase they are on the brink of becoming an ultimate team and if they can get a stud lineman or RB, they will. Savage is also not afraid to trade, up or down. Up for maybe a Thomas or Peterson or down for a NT/DT. If you don't watch the Browns, they are a great team in the hardest divison with one of the hardest schedules facing playoff teams. They are much better than their record suggests. Love Bush as a packer though I think we could trade down and still get him or stay and get Lynch (Bush is the stud though).
Kazkal

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Branch makes me giggle with joy.
Calvert28

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it was really the line and the defenses fault. The line for the fact they couldn't block the best defense in the league, no wonder. But then again the defense for still not being able to hold them with as turnovers they created in the game. The cards in my opinion are in the top 5 in the NFL in terms of talent. If they can just get more discipline and ride those momentums to the 20 second mark in the 4th quarter they will be a very dominant team. And I would like to apoligize again for forgetting about Gaither. Yes I do think the Cards would pick him up as a safety pick in case they cant resign Davis. That being said I'll redo this mock draft to make it better but as far as Quinn goes you might be right as to he wont fall that far but even though yall already have a good QB right now Quinn is definitly trade bait and passing on him and letting him fall later so that someone else picks up on yalls misfortune is retarded and Crennel wont allow that. So again as I say I stand by that pick because it is a win win situation for yall!
Jayme96

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:35 am    Post subject: Re: My first mock draft (w/ explanation as best I can) Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:

15. Minnisota: LaRon Landry- I was tempted to say Alan Branch from Michigan here but I think that they can wait another year before they address that posistion. Landry is an athletic safety who can come in and start right away for the Vikings.

25. Pittsburgh: Daymeion Hughes

Why a safety for the Vikes? They have Sharper and Dwight Smith. Is he the eventual replacement for Sharper or what is your reasoning there? With Sharper still there, he wouldn't be starting right away as you indicated.

Why a CB for the Steelers? They just resigned Ike Taylor, and Bryant McFadden is in his 2nd year and has looked very good. Unless it's for a nickelback, which I don't think is worth a 1st rounder, I don't see your reasoning here at all. The Steelers already have their starting CBs for the present and future. C, RG, OLB, MLB, DL and possibly WR are all needs, not CB.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont want Jarrett

if we were to go WR in round 1 it would have to be CJ

trade down would be good in that spot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too high for Levi Brown in my opinion. With Quinn and Landry still on the board, we wouldn't pass on both of them.

Dolphins Fan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: