Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My first UPDATED mock draft (w/ explanation as best I can)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Well it was really the line and the defenses fault. The line for the fact they couldn't block the best defense in the league, no wonder. But then again the defense for still not being able to hold them with as turnovers they created in the game. The cards in my opinion are in the top 5 in the NFL in terms of talent. If they can just get more discipline and ride those momentums to the 20 second mark in the 4th quarter they will be a very dominant team. And I would like to apoligize again for forgetting about Gaither. Yes I do think the Cards would pick him up as a safety pick in case they cant resign Davis. That being said I'll redo this mock draft to make it better but as far as Quinn goes you might be right as to he wont fall that far but even though yall already have a good QB right now Quinn is definitly trade bait and passing on him and letting him fall later so that someone else picks up on yalls misfortune is retarded and Crennel wont allow that. So again as I say I stand by that pick because it is a win win situation for yall!


Oh my god did you even watch that Monday night game?? The defense didn't hold em?? WHAT??? Check the stats sheet their bud, we held em to 34 yards on the ground(which is the d-line BTW) and 134 through the air and zero, count em ZERO offensive touchdowns. Please, enlighten me, just how did our defense fail to stop them?? We gave up 3 touchdowns, 2 defensive, one punt return. How is that our defenses fault?? Better yet, how would Gaines Adams help improve that result? You want to move him to offensive tackle?? Play him on special teams???
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikings101


Joined: 29 Jul 2006
Posts: 3372
Location: AZ
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty good Vikings pick. Landry would be a steal there, but if Michael Lewis is available in free agency we would probably get him and draft Patrick Willis.
_________________

Sig by chief_fan822003
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 16734
Location: Adopt a Player: McGee
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your absolutly right thank you for clearing that up for me! I forgot that Arizona is only averaging like 69 yards a game rushing. Wow thats a load off my mind now I can make the right pick. But I just I picked them the best defensive player avaliable because yall aren't very good on defense either and having another good rotation End for yalls line opposite Berry to make a very good pass rushing line. And come to think of it didn't the Cowboys of the early 90's use that kind of rotation to help them win their Super Bowls? Like they had 4 more back up D-Lineman who could start for most NFL teams but wanted to keep the D-Line fresh and wear out the offensive line? mmmmmm yea I think they did that maybe you should check your books. Arizona doesn't have THAT many weaknesses, and they can always pick up a lineman in the free agency or later in the draft because this years tackles class does have some quality linemen in it so I think they can afford to wait until later on if they wanted too. So if you want to argue about how I was wrong with the Cards and Bears game thats fine but think a little more about your argument a little more with the draft. Cause it did work for a superbowl team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pollino14


Joined: 14 Jan 2006
Posts: 16448
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please give GB Cason or Lynch.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stchamp98


Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

Joined: 11 Apr 2005
Posts: 52979
Location: Havre, Montana
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
Your absolutly right thank you for clearing that up for me! I forgot that Arizona is only averaging like 69 yards a game rushing. Wow thats a load off my mind now I can make the right pick. But I just I picked them the best defensive player avaliable because yall aren't very good on defense either and having another good rotation End for yalls line opposite Berry to make a very good pass rushing line. And come to think of it didn't the Cowboys of the early 90's use that kind of rotation to help them win their Super Bowls? Like they had 4 more back up D-Lineman who could start for most NFL teams but wanted to keep the D-Line fresh and wear out the offensive line? mmmmmm yea I think they did that maybe you should check your books. Arizona doesn't have THAT many weaknesses, and they can always pick up a lineman in the free agency or later in the draft because this years tackles class does have some quality linemen in it so I think they can afford to wait until later on if they wanted too. So if you want to argue about how I was wrong with the Cards and Bears game thats fine but think a little more about your argument a little more with the draft. Cause it did work for a superbowl team.


LOL, you want us to change everything we do and all our defensive concepts(which are working just fine our d-line is top notch) because a team in 90's won a super bowl with it?? Please stop and think about ridiculous that is....

And what does us rushing for 69 yards on the ground offensively have to do with us picking a defensive end that doesn't work here?? Honestly?? If you want to use that stat to justify us taking an o-lineman great but it doesn't work here.

Your problem is your making a pick that doesn't make sense then saying we can fill our biggest needs, "later". The NFL doesn't work like that bud. Gaines Adams is a terrible pick who wouldn't even see the field here, bottom line. He'd be a 30 million dollar backup selected in the top 10 by a team that's so bad we're losing to the Raiders. Maybe you should think more about that.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18812
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice lions pick. Brhom would be a nice addition to our offense that hopefully would give us a stable QB for years to come. I wouldn't be surprised if millen goes offensive line or defense though because we had leinart and cutler to pick from last year and we took sims to help our really bad defense.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Jets28-forever


Joined: 03 Oct 2006
Posts: 67
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ur mocks wack Lynch>Irons=Bush
_________________
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4078/clemonsug7.png
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 16734
Location: Adopt a Player: McGee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

stchamp98 wrote:
Calvert28 wrote:
Your absolutly right thank you for clearing that up for me! I forgot that Arizona is only averaging like 69 yards a game rushing. Wow thats a load off my mind now I can make the right pick. But I just I picked them the best defensive player avaliable because yall aren't very good on defense either and having another good rotation End for yalls line opposite Berry to make a very good pass rushing line. And come to think of it didn't the Cowboys of the early 90's use that kind of rotation to help them win their Super Bowls? Like they had 4 more back up D-Lineman who could start for most NFL teams but wanted to keep the D-Line fresh and wear out the offensive line? mmmmmm yea I think they did that maybe you should check your books. Arizona doesn't have THAT many weaknesses, and they can always pick up a lineman in the free agency or later in the draft because this years tackles class does have some quality linemen in it so I think they can afford to wait until later on if they wanted too. So if you want to argue about how I was wrong with the Cards and Bears game thats fine but think a little more about your argument a little more with the draft. Cause it did work for a superbowl team.


LOL, you want us to change everything we do and all our defensive concepts(which are working just fine our d-line is top notch) because a team in 90's won a super bowl with it?? Please stop and think about ridiculous that is....

And what does us rushing for 69 yards on the ground offensively have to do with us picking a defensive end that doesn't work here?? Honestly?? If you want to use that stat to justify us taking an o-lineman great but it doesn't work here.

Your problem is your making a pick that doesn't make sense then saying we can fill our biggest needs, "later". The NFL doesn't work like that bud. Gaines Adams is a terrible pick who wouldn't even see the field here, bottom line. He'd be a 30 million dollar backup selected in the top 10 by a team that's so bad we're losing to the Raiders. Maybe you should think more about that.


Nothing in my last post even suggested Gaines would solve your offensive woes which looks like if it was a math problem we would need to get Good Will Hunting on the freaking project. Regardless of your belief now since obviously you think its the worst pick ever and keep standing tall for your Cards which is admirable, but you need help on defense somewhere and I dont think that the offensive line is the root to all your problems, because your defense is near the bottem of the league allowing a little over 23 points a game and no offense I dont care who they are can win game in and out giving up that kind of points and destroying any momentum yall have. And the NFL DOES work like that bud, during free agency and the draft. Oh you need examples? Ummm lets see Willie Parker undrafted, Kurt Warner led St. Louis to how many SB's? Tom Brady 7thRD, Clinton Portis 2nd RD and I can go on and on. A lot the NFL best players weren't even first rounders so its not like if you pick up a defensive guy in the first round that yall are gonna suck again for the entire year. If your coaching staff is ANY good they'll find talent to fill in other necessary needs, and personally right now with the way their playing any help doesn't even matter if it was their biggest strength would be welcome because they really need it after that embarresment. But if it will make you happy im going to redo the thing and give yall and offensive player like a good tackle if I think he falls to yall to give you the kind of blocking yall need for All-Pro James.


Last edited by Calvert28 on Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 16734
Location: Adopt a Player: McGee
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets28-forever wrote:
ur mocks wack Lynch>Irons=Bush


Ehh? I agree now that I think Lynch is better then Irons but I still dont know about Bush who is a very good power back. But if the Pack wants Lynch that bad I'll give him to them.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
THE DUKE


Joined: 28 Feb 2005
Posts: 15646
Location: Centerville, OH
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:22 am    Post subject: Re: My first mock draft (w/ explanation as best I can) Reply with quote

Calvert28 wrote:
19. Cinncinati: Alan Branch- The bengals need help up front on the line and Branch an athletic DT can do just that.

.


Nice pick, exactly what the Bengals need up front with Sam Adams showing his age.
_________________

-There are no men like me, only me.
-"Our life is what our thoughts make it" - Marcus Aurelius
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 16734
Location: Adopt a Player: McGee
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hope yall are happy with the new draft I put up on the first page, I actually put thought into that one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Enrage


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 14 Dec 2005
Posts: 15186
Location: Seoul Searchin'
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Vikings have far more pressing issues than LB. WR, RG, DT, CB come to mind. The Vikings already have too much talent at LB. EJ Henderson is our leading tackler. Napoleon Harris has been playing great, and Ben Leber has been more than solid. Plus we have this years #1 pick Greenway and Dontarrious Thomas who has the speed of a great cover 2 LB. So not LB here.
_________________
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Losers should not get pizza.


The Mégane Experiment wrote:
Do you know why this is better than France? The French don't live here..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dex_jackson


Joined: 29 Jan 2006
Posts: 483
Location: Moncton, N-B
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Niners would take Laron Landry over DJ at 7 IMO
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vikings101


Joined: 29 Jul 2006
Posts: 3372
Location: AZ
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I like Everett, he is way too small to play ILB and we have no need for another OLB.
_________________

Sig by chief_fan822003
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Calvert28


Joined: 21 Oct 2006
Posts: 16734
Location: Adopt a Player: McGee
PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe yall would take Landry over DJ but yall really need help on offense and Jarrett would fill a very pressing need and thats a star WR.

Yea maybe I should have given yall Branch there seeing as how this years draft class doesn't have a great deal of standout D-Tackles, but I thought it would solidify yalls linebacking group with Chad on weak, E.J. in the middle and Everatt on the outside. E.J. i think is big enough and strong enough to play inside and would make yalls core very stout maybe the best in the league within a few years.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group