Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

1 round Mock Draft with explanations (Updated)...
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RockRaider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:44 pm    Post subject: 1 round Mock Draft with explanations (Updated)... Reply with quote

I included most underclassmen that have the potential to be 1st round picks. minus Brian Brohm and Sidney Rice.

First Round:

1. Oakland Raiders - Adrian Peterson, RB, Oklahoma

- Raiders are confident with Walter at the helm. Peterson is a major upgrade over Lamont Jordan, and will provide Walter and the Raiders with a dependable running game. Might go with Calvin Johnson if Moss and Porter leave in the offseason.

2. Miami Dolphins - Calvin Johnson, WR, Georgia Tec

- The Dolphins offense has been bad this year. Culpepper and Harrington aren't getting it done. But besides Chambers they have no real threats on the offense to throw to. Johnson is possibly the best player in this draft. And the Dolphins jump all over him.

3. Detroit Lions - Brady Quinn, QB, Notre Dame

- John Kitna is having a nice season but he is not the long term answer. The Lions take Quinn and build towards there future with the young offense they have in place, and now they have a solid, dependable QB to run the show.

4. Arizona Cardinals - Joe Thomas, OT, Wisconsin

- Offensive line is by far the Cardinals biggest need, and they take the best Offensive Lineman in the draft to protect their young QB and to open up lanes for Edge to run through.

5. Tennessee Titans - Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia

- The Titans take Moses to help out their defense. He is a big versatile player that can be a dominant DE. He can rush the passer and stop the run equally well. And if necessary can also drop into coverage. Moses and Vanden Bosch make a nice DE combo.

6. Houston Texans - Laron Landry, S, LSU

- The Texans secondary is horrible, ranking last in the league in pass defense. So they take Landry who is a very complete safety and gives them a star in the defensive back field.

7. Cleveland Browns - Alan Branch, DT, Michigan

- Ted Washington is ancient and wont be around much longer, so Crennel continues to build his defense with a DT who can stuff the run and get after the QB.

8. Green Bay Packers - Marshawn Lynch, RB, California

- Ahman Green is getting older and is slowing down. The Packers pick Lynch to solidify their running game. Lynch is a very skilled runner and also is good catching the ball out of the backfield.

9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Gaines Adams, DE, Clemson

- The Bucs defensive ends are getting older and are not the players they once were. Adams is an athletic end who can step in immediately and make an impact.

10. Buffalo Bills - Sam Baker, OT, Southern California

- Baker is the top underclassmen Tackle in the draft, and the second best tackle overall. The Bills LT position is very shaky right now, and Baker steps in and starts next year and immediately improves their offense.

11. San Francisco 49ers - Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona

-The 49ers secondary is horrible, and Cason comes in and provides a huge boost to the defense. The last two years the 49ers addressed their offense and now they turn to the defense and try to improve it.

12. Washington Redskins - Leon Hall, CB, Michigan

- Springs is old and hasn't played much this year, and Rogers is solid, but they have no depth at the position. Hall is a very athletic corner who will replace Springs and give the Skins two solid corners for a long time.

13. Kansas City Chiefs - Levi Brown, OT, Penn State

- The Chiefs have been decimated by the retirements on the offensive line. They take Brown who can come in and play Tackle or could slide down to guard if needed.

14. Pittsburgh Steelers - Lamar Woodley, DE/OLB, Michigan

- The Steelers are a solid team without many flaws, they need a big bruising running back to complement Willie Parker, but no one is worth being picked here, so they take Woodley who can come in and play OLB for the Steelers in the 3-4.

15. New York Jets - Kenny Irons, RB, Auburn

- Curtis Martin's incredible career is basically over, and Leon Washington has played fairly well this year, but he is not an every down back. Irons steps in and gives credibility to the Jets running game again.

16. Dallas Cowboys - Justin Blalock, OG/OT, Texas

- The Cowboys offensive line has been getting abused this season, and Bledsoe has now lost his starting job because of it. Blalock is a versatile offensive lineman and can slide up and down the line as needed.

17. Minnesota Vikings - Dwayne Jarrett, WR, Southern California

- Troy Williamson is developing and is an above average WR, but besides him there isnt really any solid guys at the position. Jarrett has been phenomenol at USC, and he has the ability to be a game breaker for the Vikings.

18. Jacksonville Jaguars - Paul Posluszny, OLB, Penn State

- The Jaguars defense is solid, but their linebackers, except for Peterson, are subpar. Posluszny has been a little quieter this season than last, but thats due to being moved inside to an ILB in a 3-4 defense. With the Jags he slides back outside to his natural OLB position and becomes a star.

19. Atlanta Falcons - Michael Griffin, S, Texas

- The Falcons knew their safeties needed an upgrade and brought in two short term fixes, but Griffin comes in and is the long term answer for the position.

20. Cincinnati Bengals - Frank Okam, DT, Texas

- Sam Adams is old, and is past his prime. The Bengals bring in Okam to be their big playmaker along the defensive line. If Odell Thurman returns to the team next year, this gives them a solid middle in their defense.

21. New Orleans Saints - Patrick Willis, MLB, Mississippi

- The Saints have been wanting to draft an impact linebacker for the last few drafts, evidenced by almost taking A.J. Hawk last year, until Bush fell into their laps. Willis gives the Saints their first impact linebacker in a long time.

22. Philadelphia Eagles - Marcus McCauley, CB, Fresno State

- The Eagles need some secondary help. Their starters are very good but they lack depth. Brown, Sheppard, Dawkins, and Lewis are all pro bowl caliber players, and McCauley can come in and contribute as the Nickel Back right away and can step in for either corner if they should get injured.

23. Baltimore Ravens - Michael Bush, RB, Louisville

- Jamal Lewis hasnt been the same since his 2,000 yard season, and Mike Anderson is not the answer. Bush would be long gone by now, if it wasnt for the injury, but he is a big time playmaker. He is a workhorse and Brian Billick will use him very often to help out McNair.

24. New York Giants - Quinn Pitcock, DT, Ohio State

- The Giants have the deepest group of DE's in the league. They have so many playmakers at that position, but they have neglected the DT position. Pitcock gives them a solid presence in the middle of the defense.

25. St. Louis Rams - Aaron Ross, CB, Texas

- The Rams don't have a playmaking CB. Ross has been great at Texas this year. He comes up with turnovers at the most crucial times. He will come in and give the Rams secondary a big boost and give them a shut down corner.

26. San Diego Chargers - Ted Ginn, WR, Ohio State

- The Chargers have all the pieces in place for their offense to be great except at WR. McCardell and Parker are solid but they are not game breaking WR's. Ginn is a game breaker at the WR position. He can take any pass to the house. He will give the Chargers a legitimate deep threat.

27. New England Patriots (Via Seattle) - Jeff Samardzija, WR, Notre Dame

- The Patriots WR's are not great. Troy Brown is a utility man and he is probably the best wide out on their team. They drafted Chad Jackson last year but he is yet to really produce. Samardzija is a big, athletic WR who is adept at getting open, especially in the red zone. Gives Brady a big time WR to throw to.

28. New England Patriots - H.B. Blades, LB, Pittsburgh

- They lost Willie McGinest last offseason to the Browns, and with Tedy Bruschi going through everything he has gone through the last couple years, his future is uncertain. The Patriots take Blades who has been a beast at Pitt the last few years.

29. Carolina Panthers - Buster Davis, ILB, Florida State

- The Panthers need help at LB and S, but go with Davis because even though he lacks ideal size, he has been extremely productive at Florida State, and with Dan Morgan's return to the team in question, MLB is just slightly a bigger need than S.

30. Denver Broncos - Aaron Rouse, S, Virginia Tech

- The Broncos defense has been very good this season, but they need a solid safety to lineup in the secondary next to Lynch, Bailey, and Williams. Rouse is a big, athletic, safety who was a playmaker for VT. Rouse completes an extremely talented secondary.

31. Indianapolis Colts - Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame

- Bob Sanders is a great safety but has durability issues, and Mike Doss has not lived up to the Colts hopes. Zbikowski is a hard hitting safety who can step in and start for the Colts next year. Sanders and Zbikowski give the Colts two very good safeties.

32. Chicago Bears - Zach Miller, TE, Arizona State

- The Bears are the most complete team in the NFL. Desmond Clark has been a surprise this season, but has not been a consistent presence in years past. Miller will come in and help out Grossman in the passing game.

Last edited by RockRaider on Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our secondary is subpar? Haveyou SEEN the Pats play this year?

We won't need a CB unless Asante Samuel walks. Give us Aaron Rouse or HB Blades.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I dont care that that little girl was adorable... I'll punch her in the face!
AntonioGates

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather the Chargers go for Ginn than Jeff. The Chargers need a downfield threat more than another possesion reciever.
Oaktown

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good pick for the Raiders.
GOEagles90

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like the pick man, but we dont need a WR dude. Listen, Stallworth is hurt a lot, granted, but we will sign him in the offseason. Reggie Brown??? Have u heard of him. Hank Baskett is only a rookie and he is having a great year.

If anything we take a Safety, either positions

Or we take a corner like McCauley from Fresno State. We need depth at corner in my opinion more than anything.
RockRaider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tzimisce - you guys haven't played anybody with a decent passing game save for Cincinatti but ever since there O-Line has been decimated by injuries they havent even been able to throw the ball. When you guys play a team with a decent offense then i'll reconsider.

Gates - it was a close call b/w Jeff and Ginn but i gave yall Jeff because he is a big possession receiver but he is also able to be a downfield threat and he also can take a short pass the distance. He is more consistent then Ginn is, which is why i gave you guys Jeff.

GoEagles - Yes, I watch the Eagles alot, I know about Basket and Brown, but they are only down the field receivers, Brown and Basket are not #1 wide outs. Stallworth may be, but he hasnt been healthy this year, and wasnt consistent in NO. Jarrett is a big physical receiver who will help yall out alot. You guys cant run the ball in short yardage situations, or near the goal line. Jarrett gives McNabb a huge reliable target to throw to in these situations. And yes, I agree with your CB need but I went in a different direction.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's retarded reasoning. Watch Hobbs and Samuel play some time. They've been as close to lights-out as any corner duo in the league. If we need CB help, so do 30 other teams... everyone except Denver.

BlaqOptic wrote:
RockRaider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aight man, we have different opinions, thats life. i'll update it after I get some more responses.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I happen to be better informed, that's all. I've watched all 6 Pats games this year. How many have you watched?

BlaqOptic wrote:
RockRaider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i watched the first bills game and the broncos game. and parts of the others.
Tzimisce

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RockRaider wrote:
i watched the first bills game and the broncos game. and parts of the others.
...and what exactly gave you the impression that we have a need at CB?

BlaqOptic wrote:
The Gnat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the Vikings pick, Willis is good, I could see Jarrett being a popular pick there too, since he is available. We have a larger need at WR then at MLB, but either of those players would be a good pick.

ensman13

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that pick. I would rather have Jared Gaither, but you don't have him declaring, so that is probably the best pick with who is available

Thomas Jefferson wrote:
The Declaration of Independence
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RockRaider

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i just had that opinion. I changed your pick to HB Blades.
Fishfan79

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2. Miami Dolphins - Quentin Moses, DE, Georgia

- The Dolphins defense is getting older and Moses provides alot of versatility for Saban to use in either a 4-3 as a DE or as a 3-4 OLB and he sticks with his theme of drafting SEC players that he recruited and coached against at LSU.

HORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIIIIBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

No way we pass up Calvin Johnson, btw we have the number 1 pick overall right now too

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> 2015 NFL Mock Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: